Skip to content

pure speculation...

The Browns Board
12 10 1.0k
  • Is Lerner smarter than we give him cedit? (dont laugh)...Is he pulling a fast one?

    I kind of thought this last year post Romeo...Pre Mangini...

    its silly..but?

    Savage and Romeo had to go...it was time...everyone got that...but all of the possible replacemnets Lerner drooled over wanted a year or more off..making 2010 the super bowl of available experienced coaches...i mean come on..that is a pretty stellar lineup on the market..really!

    could he keep romeo as a scape goat for another season?..hell no the fans would have a melt down..and it was obvious the team needed to be gutted..romeo is not the guy to gut a team...his name is romeo..hes a lover!!

    Lerners eyes light up in a press conf very shortly after Cowher says hell to the no because mangini (known deek heed) is available...the perfect guy to clean house...and eat a year in doing so...safe simple draft add as many picks and dollars (which i admit has been done very well)...

    Then can them when the dirty work is complete and the fans have turned on them!!

    Add a hometown hero..a real pres and GM...then a REAL top tier head coach with a huge draft and no where to go but up.

    come on crazier plans have been put in to place right?????

  • Is Lerner smarter than we give him cedit? (dont laugh)...Is he pulling a fast one?

    I kind of thought this last year post Romeo...Pre Mangini...

    its silly..but?

    Savage and Romeo had to go...it was time...everyone got that...but all of the possible replacemnets Lerner drooled over wanted a year or more off..making 2010 the super bowl of available experienced coaches...i mean come on..that is a pretty stellar lineup on the market..really!

    could he keep romeo as a scape goat for another season?..hell no the fans would have a melt down..and it was obvious the team needed to be gutted..romeo is not the guy to gut a team...his name is romeo..hes a lover!!

    Lerners eyes light up in a press conf very shortly after Cowher says hell to the no because mangini (known deek heed) is available...the perfect guy to clean house...and eat a year in doing so...safe simple draft add as many picks and dollars (which i admit has been done very well)...

    Then can them when the dirty work is complete and the fans have turned on them!!

    Add a hometown hero..a real pres and GM...then a REAL top tier head coach with a huge draft and no where to go but up.

    come on crazier plans have been put in to place right?????

    @destinfunk said:

    Is Lerner smarter than we give him cedit? (dont laugh)...Is he pulling a fast one?

    I kind of thought this last year post Romeo...Pre Mangini...

    its silly..but?

    Savage and Romeo had to go...it was time...everyone got that...but all of the possible replacemnets Lerner drooled over wanted a year or more off..making 2010 the super bowl of available experienced coaches...i mean come on..that is a pretty stellar lineup on the market..really!

    could he keep romeo as a scape goat for another season?..hell no the fans would have a melt down..and it was obvious the team needed to be gutted..romeo is not the guy to gut a team...his name is romeo..hes a lover!!

    Lerners eyes light up in a press conf very shortly after Cowher says hell to the no because mangini (known deek heed) is available...the perfect guy to clean house...and eat a year in doing so...safe simple draft add as many picks and dollars (which i admit has been done very well)...

    Then can them when the dirty work is complete and the fans have turned on them!!

    Add a hometown hero..a real pres and GM...then a REAL top tier head coach with a huge draft and no where to go but up.

    come on crazier plans have been put in to place right?????

    This could very be well true.

  • Hmmm, its a theory. I do think Lerner is smarter than we give him credit for, but I doubt that even he is this Machiavellian.
  • Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

  • Someone's been drinkin' a little too much kool-aide.

  • If Lerner was that smart he wouldn't be throwing money away like that. If he already owes 20 mill to Savage and Romeo, why would he offer a 4 year deal to a coach he wanted to fire after one year.

  • Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

    Then John you took this post as serious....though anything is possible 🙂

    you are sensative lately John

  • Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

    I wouldn't say the post is dumb....I would say it is far fetched. It is very possible the Mangini is just a filler and a gutter and we are going to be picking up an experienced coach next season. I would say it is unlikely that this is how Lerner planned it, but it is definitely a possibility. What else do we have to talk about on here? It is the BYE week of a 1-7 season....unless you would like to continue talking about how bad we suck?

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Hands down, the SECOND dumbest post I've read in almost 15 years on 'this' board.

    Then John you took this post as serious....though anything is possible 🙂

    you are sensative lately John

    @destinfunk said:

    Then John you took this post as serious....though anything is possible 🙂

    you are sensative lately John

    NO!

  • Kokinis lasted 13 years in Baltimore............. 8 months in Cleveland. Anything is possible in this town.

  • First of all, this place is amazing. I didn't know the internet offered more than porn.

    Secondly, I think that, while Randy is definitely a clever guy, this just seems too far out of his league. Plus, he's already eating something like $20 mil from the past HC/GM combo. Even though I know it is far-fetched, I still can't deny that I wish it were the case. Then again, I honestly do agree with mostly everything Mangini has done so far (except the Maualuga mistake, that really irked me). I believe we are honestly on the right track for the first time since our return, and it's going to take a couple seasons until we're firing on all cylinders.

  • First of all, this place is amazing. I didn't know the internet offered more than porn.

    Secondly, I think that, while Randy is definitely a clever guy, this just seems too far out of his league. Plus, he's already eating something like $20 mil from the past HC/GM combo. Even though I know it is far-fetched, I still can't deny that I wish it were the case. Then again, I honestly do agree with mostly everything Mangini has done so far (except the Maualuga mistake, that really irked me). I believe we are honestly on the right track for the first time since our return, and it's going to take a couple seasons until we're firing on all cylinders.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    First of all, this place is amazing. I didn't know the internet offered more than porn.

    we have a thread for that too.