Skip to content

Josh Freeman leads Bucs to first win, 38-28 over GB

The Browns Board
5 3 846
  • F flipflop wrote on last edited by
    #1

    TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—Wearing one of those ghastly creamsicle jerseys that are an ugly reminder of Tampa Bay’s past, rookie Josh Freeman(notes) gave the struggling Buccaneers plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the future.

    The third quarterback selected in this year’s NFL draft led the previously winless Bucs to a 38-28 victory over the Green Bay Packers in his first start Sunday, ending the league’s longest losing streak at 11 games.

    Playing with poise that belied his inexperience, Freeman passed for 205 yards and three touchdowns, including a 7-yard throw to Sammie Stroughter(notes) on fourth-and-4 for the go-ahead TD with under 5 minutes to play.

    “I felt really relaxed,” said Freeman, the 17th pick in the draft and the third quarterback taken behind Matthew Stafford(notes) and Mark Sanchez(notes).

    Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman(notes) (5) celebrates with fans after a 38-28 win over the Green Bay Packers during their NFL football game Sunday,

    “I didn’t get too high or two low,” the 21-year-old said. “I can’t say I did anything spectacular. I just played within myself, and when we had opportunities I took them.”

    BQ...this is what is expected of you..........long long way from that son.

  • DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I think he has as many TD passes in one game..as a rookie than DA and BQ... i just threw up again. (one was to K2)

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games, compared to Quinn's 2 1/2. I'm not seeing any reason why Quinn's name got brought up

  • He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games, compared to Quinn's 2 1/2. I'm not seeing any reason why Quinn's name got brought up

    F flipflop wrote on last edited by flipflop
    #4

    Chickenwang said:

    He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games, compared to Quinn's 2 1/2. I'm not seeing any reason why Quinn's name got brought up

    He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games/.....

    Is this George Kokinis? It was his first start George.

  • He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games, compared to Quinn's 2 1/2. I'm not seeing any reason why Quinn's name got brought up

    DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Chickenwang said:

    He has a 1-5 record with a 50% rating. He's played in 6 games, compared to Quinn's 2 1/2. I'm not seeing any reason why Quinn's name got brought up

    actually you are talking about Josh Johnson..Out of San Diego that took over for Leftwhich..

    now the 21 year old rookie Josh Freeman (KANSAS St) took over this week..started his first game and put up good #'s

    including a win over Green Bay...that D held us to what 3 or 6 pts?...joy!