Skip to content

Marcus Benard promoted

The Browns Board
25 10 2.2k
  • yeah its cool..i think he looked good in pre season..but i doubt he will get inserted in a game other than special teams ..maybe im wrong!

  • yeah its cool..i think he looked good in pre season..but i doubt he will get inserted in a game other than special teams ..maybe im wrong!

    @destinfunk said:

    yeah its cool..i think he looked good in pre season..but i doubt he will get inserted in a game other than special teams ..maybe im wrong!

    Mangini said Bowens would play inside, and Benard would play outside opposite of Wimbley.

  • @destinfunk said:

    yeah its cool..i think he looked good in pre season..but i doubt he will get inserted in a game other than special teams ..maybe im wrong!

    Mangini said Bowens would play inside, and Benard would play outside opposite of Wimbley.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    Mangini said Bowens would play inside, and Benard would play outside opposite of Wimbley.

    he didnt say he was going to start at OLB he said he's going to keep playing him at outside just like he is only playing Veikune at ILB so they can learn one position first. It will probably be trusnik at OLB with Maiva at ILB or trusnik inside and Hall outside

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    Mangini said Bowens would play inside, and Benard would play outside opposite of Wimbley.

    he didnt say he was going to start at OLB he said he's going to keep playing him at outside just like he is only playing Veikune at ILB so they can learn one position first. It will probably be trusnik at OLB with Maiva at ILB or trusnik inside and Hall outside

    nmills said:

    he didnt say he was going to start at OLB he said he's going to keep playing him at outside just like he is only playing Veikune at ILB so they can learn one position first. It will probably be trusnik at OLB with Maiva at ILB or trusnik inside and Hall outside

    I thought it was a rotation. Trusnik/Benard, Wimbley/Bowens

  • nmills said:

    he didnt say he was going to start at OLB he said he's going to keep playing him at outside just like he is only playing Veikune at ILB so they can learn one position first. It will probably be trusnik at OLB with Maiva at ILB or trusnik inside and Hall outside

    I thought it was a rotation. Trusnik/Benard, Wimbley/Bowens

    @dawgpound3 said:

    I thought it was a rotation. Trusnik/Benard, Wimbley/Bowens

    wimbley and bowens are for sure OLB and ILB starters, Then Trusnik can play inside or outside, Probably outside since Veikune and Maiva both play inside, then you have Hall, Bernard outside and Castanza im not sure were he plays inside or out. They'll be a rotation but Benard wont start and I dont think he'll get that many reps if any. In the press conference Mangini said he has to find a way to make the gameday roster by contributing on ST's first. That doesnt sound like a guy thats going to get many reps at LB to me.

  • @ballpeen said:

    How about adding some info to your posts...who the hell is the guy??

    Some guy with the Browns or some shoe salesman at Sears??

    Sorry, I assumed you'd been paying attention on the offseason and during preseason games when this guy looked like a stud.

    @thaak said:

    Sorry, I assumed you'd been paying attention on the offseason and during preseason games when this guy looked like a stud.

    It's not a matter of paying attention, it's a matter of it being 3-4 months ago.

    We have had so many players come and go I don't even try to remember who is who.

  • @thaak said:

    Sorry, I assumed you'd been paying attention on the offseason and during preseason games when this guy looked like a stud.

    It's not a matter of paying attention, it's a matter of it being 3-4 months ago.

    We have had so many players come and go I don't even try to remember who is who.

    @ballpeen said:

    It's not a matter of paying attention, it's a matter of it being 3-4 months ago.

    We have had so many players come and go I don't even try to remember who is who.

    That isn't my fault.

  • @ballpeen said:

    It's not a matter of paying attention, it's a matter of it being 3-4 months ago.

    We have had so many players come and go I don't even try to remember who is who.

    That isn't my fault.

    @thaak said:

    That isn't my fault.

    Sure it is....you obviously read something to say " Bernard promoted"

    My point is why not add some information when you add a thread to the board???

    It's one thing to add a comment to a thread. It's another to start a new thread and not give any information.

  • @thaak said:

    That isn't my fault.

    Sure it is....you obviously read something to say " Bernard promoted"

    My point is why not add some information when you add a thread to the board???

    It's one thing to add a comment to a thread. It's another to start a new thread and not give any information.

    @ballpeen said:

    Sure it is....you obviously read something to say " Bernard promoted"

    My point is why not add some information when you add a thread to the board???

    It's one thing to add a comment to a thread. It's another to start a new thread and not give any information.

    Because there was no more information than that. It was a single sentence that said he was promoted.

    It isn't my fault that you don't know/remember who Benard is.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Sure it is....you obviously read something to say " Bernard promoted"

    My point is why not add some information when you add a thread to the board???

    It's one thing to add a comment to a thread. It's another to start a new thread and not give any information.

    Because there was no more information than that. It was a single sentence that said he was promoted.

    It isn't my fault that you don't know/remember who Benard is.

    @thaak said:

    Because there was no more information than that. It was a single sentence that said he was promoted.

    It isn't my fault that you don't know/remember who Benard is.

    Most of us don't remember him because he simply didn't and still doesn't matter. If and when he actually contributes then maybe it will be weird if we don't know him but no logical human being scouts an undrafted rookie LB in the second half of a preseason game. On that note, is anybody really excited about this move? This is a non-issue.

  • i'm excited...said he looked like our best OLB in the pre-season!

  • i'm excited...said he looked like our best OLB in the pre-season!

    @solon16 said:

    i'm excited...said he looked like our best OLB in the pre-season!

    I sort of remember him too and he looked alright considering who he was playing against but I wouldn't get too excited about what looks to be a move made because we have no other option. I hope he's awesome too but I have just never heard of fans getting excited about a practice squad player getting the call to come up. It just seems a little premature.

  • @thaak said:

    Because there was no more information than that. It was a single sentence that said he was promoted.

    It isn't my fault that you don't know/remember who Benard is.

    Most of us don't remember him because he simply didn't and still doesn't matter. If and when he actually contributes then maybe it will be weird if we don't know him but no logical human being scouts an undrafted rookie LB in the second half of a preseason game. On that note, is anybody really excited about this move? This is a non-issue.

    @mopaji said:

    Most of us don't remember him because he simply didn't and still doesn't matter. If and when he actually contributes then maybe it will be weird if we don't know him but no logical human being scouts an undrafted rookie LB in the second half of a preseason game. On that note, is anybody really excited about this move? This is a non-issue.

    Then you must not have been paying much attention to what was happening on this board, or in the preseason games.

    I believe he played with the 1's a couple of the preseason games, and looked like a monster in some plays.

    Also, many of the articles regarding the "bubble" players on the OBR and elsewhere (which all ended up on this board in one form or another) had glowing reviews of him.

    I didn't do any extra scouting onf Benard. I simply paid attention to the articles on this message board and the OBR, and when I saw he'd been promoted, I remembered the name and the articles.

    Really not that difficult if you were paying even a remote amount of attention.

  • @solon16 said:

    i'm excited...said he looked like our best OLB in the pre-season!

    I sort of remember him too and he looked alright considering who he was playing against but I wouldn't get too excited about what looks to be a move made because we have no other option. I hope he's awesome too but I have just never heard of fans getting excited about a practice squad player getting the call to come up. It just seems a little premature.

    @mopaji said:

    I sort of remember him too and he looked alright considering who he was playing against but I wouldn't get too excited about what looks to be a move made because we have no other option. I hope he's awesome too but I have just never heard of fans getting excited about a practice squad player getting the call to come up. It just seems a little premature.

    It isn't about being excited. Its about seeing if someone that looked like he had some exciting potential can perform or not. Seeing if we have that James Harrison or whatever. That's what's exciting.

  • @mopaji said:

    Most of us don't remember him because he simply didn't and still doesn't matter. If and when he actually contributes then maybe it will be weird if we don't know him but no logical human being scouts an undrafted rookie LB in the second half of a preseason game. On that note, is anybody really excited about this move? This is a non-issue.

    Then you must not have been paying much attention to what was happening on this board, or in the preseason games.

    I believe he played with the 1's a couple of the preseason games, and looked like a monster in some plays.

    Also, many of the articles regarding the "bubble" players on the OBR and elsewhere (which all ended up on this board in one form or another) had glowing reviews of him.

    I didn't do any extra scouting onf Benard. I simply paid attention to the articles on this message board and the OBR, and when I saw he'd been promoted, I remembered the name and the articles.

    Really not that difficult if you were paying even a remote amount of attention.

    @thaak said:

    Then you must not have been paying much attention to what was happening on this board, or in the preseason games.

    I believe he played with the 1's a couple of the preseason games, and looked like a monster in some plays.

    Also, many of the articles regarding the "bubble" players on the OBR and elsewhere (which all ended up on this board in one form or another) had glowing reviews of him.

    I didn't do any extra scouting onf Benard. I simply paid attention to the articles on this message board and the OBR, and when I saw he'd been promoted, I remembered the name and the articles.

    Really not that difficult if you were paying even a remote amount of attention.

    Still, its a non-issue.

    I do remember him but it was preseason, he was playing scrubs, and he was put on the practice squad for a reason. He's being called up because we have an extra roster spot and we're down a LB. I just don't expect fireworks or even significant playing time.

  • @mopaji said:

    I sort of remember him too and he looked alright considering who he was playing against but I wouldn't get too excited about what looks to be a move made because we have no other option. I hope he's awesome too but I have just never heard of fans getting excited about a practice squad player getting the call to come up. It just seems a little premature.

    It isn't about being excited. Its about seeing if someone that looked like he had some exciting potential can perform or not. Seeing if we have that James Harrison or whatever. That's what's exciting.

    @thaak said:

    It isn't about being excited. Its about seeing if someone that looked like he had some exciting potential can perform or not. Seeing if we have that James Harrison or whatever. That's what's exciting.

    I guess I can see it. He played his ass off when he was in there and looked like he was enjoyng himself. May as well see what he's got. If he plays.

  • @thaak said:

    Then you must not have been paying much attention to what was happening on this board, or in the preseason games.

    I believe he played with the 1's a couple of the preseason games, and looked like a monster in some plays.

    Also, many of the articles regarding the "bubble" players on the OBR and elsewhere (which all ended up on this board in one form or another) had glowing reviews of him.

    I didn't do any extra scouting onf Benard. I simply paid attention to the articles on this message board and the OBR, and when I saw he'd been promoted, I remembered the name and the articles.

    Really not that difficult if you were paying even a remote amount of attention.

    Still, its a non-issue.

    I do remember him but it was preseason, he was playing scrubs, and he was put on the practice squad for a reason. He's being called up because we have an extra roster spot and we're down a LB. I just don't expect fireworks or even significant playing time.

    @mopaji said:

    Still, its a non-issue.

    I do remember him but it was preseason, he was playing scrubs, and he was put on the practice squad for a reason. He's being called up because we have an extra roster spot and we're down a LB. I just don't expect fireworks or even significant playing time.

    Did you note where I said I seem to remember him playing with the 1's a few times? Presumably that's not scrubs (unless they are on this team apparently)