Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. I predict a Browns win Monday night

I predict a Browns win Monday night

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
35 Posts 24 Posters 3.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
    • 64k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    Monday Night Football Awaits

    Posted by Mike Duffy on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Categories: Mike Duffy

    The Ravens are 4-7 historically playing in the "Monday Night Football" showcase, where they've never faced the Cleveland Browns.

    Both their history with the Browns and their record will change this week when the Ravens travel to play a 1-7 Cleveland squad. Whether the changes are for better or worse remains to be seen.

    Baltimore has not been successful on "MNF" in recent years. In fact, the last time the Ravens won a Monday night game was on Dec. 19, 2005, when the Green Bay Packers fell 48-3 at M&T Bank Stadium. After that came a string of five consecutive "Monday Night Football" losses.

    Despite their place in the standings, the Browns have seen a few bright spots this year, including taking a Cincinnati Bengals team that beat the Ravens twice into overtime at home. In addition, they are coming off their bye with two weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

    But with Baltimore needing to rack up some wins, especially in the AFC North, after dropping four of its last five games, previous records won't account for much.

    It's also worth noting that in the 21 times these two clubs have met, neither team had prevailed against the other three times in a row until the Ravens completed a trifecta earlier this season with a dominating 34-3 win at M&T Bank Stadium.

    BrownIndianB N 2 Replies Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
      • 6k Posts
      • 221 Reputation
      Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Cal, I was just saying this to some people here at work. If it is going to happen I think this is the game.

      Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • blowe B
        • 2k Posts
        • 127 Reputation
        B blowe wrote on last edited by blowe
        #3

        total trap game (someone had to say it)

        "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • C calfoxwc

          Monday Night Football Awaits

          Posted by Mike Duffy on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Categories: Mike Duffy

          The Ravens are 4-7 historically playing in the "Monday Night Football" showcase, where they've never faced the Cleveland Browns.

          Both their history with the Browns and their record will change this week when the Ravens travel to play a 1-7 Cleveland squad. Whether the changes are for better or worse remains to be seen.

          Baltimore has not been successful on "MNF" in recent years. In fact, the last time the Ravens won a Monday night game was on Dec. 19, 2005, when the Green Bay Packers fell 48-3 at M&T Bank Stadium. After that came a string of five consecutive "Monday Night Football" losses.

          Despite their place in the standings, the Browns have seen a few bright spots this year, including taking a Cincinnati Bengals team that beat the Ravens twice into overtime at home. In addition, they are coming off their bye with two weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

          But with Baltimore needing to rack up some wins, especially in the AFC North, after dropping four of its last five games, previous records won't account for much.

          It's also worth noting that in the 21 times these two clubs have met, neither team had prevailed against the other three times in a row until the Ravens completed a trifecta earlier this season with a dominating 34-3 win at M&T Bank Stadium.

          BrownIndian BrownIndianB
          • 2k Posts
          • 39 Reputation
          BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @calfoxwc said:

          Monday Night Football Awaits

          Posted by Mike Duffy on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Categories: Mike Duffy

          The Ravens are 4-7 historically playing in the "Monday Night Football" showcase, where they've never faced the Cleveland Browns.

          Both their history with the Browns and their record will change this week when the Ravens travel to play a 1-7 Cleveland squad. Whether the changes are for better or worse remains to be seen.

          Baltimore has not been successful on "MNF" in recent years. In fact, the last time the Ravens won a Monday night game was on Dec. 19, 2005, when the Green Bay Packers fell 48-3 at M&T Bank Stadium. After that came a string of five consecutive "Monday Night Football" losses.

          Despite their place in the standings, the Browns have seen a few bright spots this year, including taking a Cincinnati Bengals team that beat the Ravens twice into overtime at home. In addition, they are coming off their bye with two weeks to prepare for the Ravens.

          But with Baltimore needing to rack up some wins, especially in the AFC North, after dropping four of its last five games, previous records won't account for much.

          It's also worth noting that in the 21 times these two clubs have met, neither team had prevailed against the other three times in a row until the Ravens completed a trifecta earlier this season with a dominating 34-3 win at M&T Bank Stadium.

          I do hope your words come true. Although this is a tough test coming after a bye week. I would rather face the rat birds after a bye week rather that the regular week.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 100 Reputation
            ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
            #5

            yeah i mean, this is only the 8th trap game in a row for us. we can't lose.

            once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • shoot S
              • 92 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S shoot wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I'm definitely cautiously optimistic about this one. The odds are still against us winning, but we have a shot, all the intangibles are certainly there and not having DA in there to throw the game for us certainly can't hurt.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                • 4k Posts
                • 139 Reputation
                ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Bet the kids lunch money on it!

                Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mopaji mopajiM
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a Browns loss. I know, I know, its crazy, but I'm gonna stick with that prediction. We may win 3 more this year but it aint gonna be against the Ravens unless our WRs have somehow adjusted to the NFL over the last two weeks and can finally beat that impossible one-on-one coverage. Quinn will be running for his life and we'll see MANY 3 and outs. Lewis will fumble three times finalizing his plan to get cut before season's end. Flacco will throw 3 TDs in the first half and Ray Rice will take over the second half and shred a beat up defense for 160 yds.

                  I'm going to the game and have EXCELLENT seats so I do hope for a contest. But there is no logical way we can beat the Ravens in any situation. I'm just going to pay close attention to our QB, O-line and LBs. I want to see if Quinn has 3 seconds to throw (which is plenty) , I want to see if he scrambles prematurely and which LB over-pursues or can't get off his block. Wimbley is a lock but I wanna see the rookies. Face it fans, there is no season here, its a 16 game scouting combine.

                  "Chances are, if you think Jay Leno is funny, I don't care for you as a person" - Peter Griffin
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • BrownsFan4Evr BrownsFan4EvrB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 618 Posts
                    • 180 Reputation
                    BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I predict a Browns "win" in this way. We're gonna get BLOWN OUT on national TV in front of the whole country, sports talk shows are gonna have a field day on Tuesday laughing at Mangini and the utter chaos he has put this storied franchise in, and Lerner will fire him before the week is out! WE WIN!!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    ❤
                    Quote Reply
                    • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                      Bet the kids lunch money on it!

                      Mr. T Mr. TM
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 184 Reputation
                      Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @atenears said:

                      Bet the kids lunch money on it!

                      They allready blew the Lunch $$

                      I think we can win this game also, the Ravens are missing a lot of people on defense do to injuries. If the Bengals can whip the crap out of them so can we. we just need 2 speedsters to burn their secondary.

                      Head or Gut?
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Fan Of STEEL 1 F
                        • 220 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by Fan Of STEEL 1
                        #11

                        I picked the browns to win this week, but I don't feel confident enough to bet anything on it other than in a pickum league.

                        So are all my posts going to be deleted or have to be OKd by a mod? What the heck is up with that?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Sez.EJ S
                          • 859 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • berniesipe ?
                            • Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            ? berniesipe wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Is this just for brown fans?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                              #14

                              Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week. Sez You

                              **********************************************

                              Yes, with DA at the helm. I believe Quinn will outsmart the stupid dirty stinkin rabid ratbird secondary.

                              I think Gaines? our newer TE will knock Ray Blewis out when Ray tries to tackle him on a slant pass...

                              Why, I even picked up Phil Dawson to play on my fantasy football team.

                              He should be good for at least three field goals and two extra points as I try to beat Believeland....

                              The dirty ratbirds are vulnerable, and the Browns are flat out ready to kick butt.

                              It's all there in the open, we'll see if my instincts are valid on this game.

                              F B 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • BG B
                                • 7 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                B BG wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Wish you were a betting person. Id love to take your money. To even think the Browns could win this game is delusional. Has to be a home town rooter.

                                S 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  If yer gonna dream, dream big. I have two monopoly game monies on it. You takin the bet? ROF,L....

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C calfoxwc

                                    Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week. Sez You

                                    **********************************************

                                    Yes, with DA at the helm. I believe Quinn will outsmart the stupid dirty stinkin rabid ratbird secondary.

                                    I think Gaines? our newer TE will knock Ray Blewis out when Ray tries to tackle him on a slant pass...

                                    Why, I even picked up Phil Dawson to play on my fantasy football team.

                                    He should be good for at least three field goals and two extra points as I try to beat Believeland....

                                    The dirty ratbirds are vulnerable, and the Browns are flat out ready to kick butt.

                                    It's all there in the open, we'll see if my instincts are valid on this game.

                                    Fan Of STEEL 1 F
                                    • 220 Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    F Fan Of STEEL 1 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @calfoxwc said:

                                    Calfox.. Have you even seen the Browns play this year? Win on Monday night? Yeah right. Lets just say I could not get Flacco into my fantasy footbal lineup fast enough this week. Sez You

                                    **********************************************

                                    Yes, with DA at the helm. I believe Quinn will outsmart the stupid dirty stinkin rabid ratbird secondary.

                                    I think Gaines? our newer TE will knock Ray Blewis out when Ray tries to tackle him on a slant pass...

                                    Why, I even picked up Phil Dawson to play on my fantasy football team.

                                    He should be good for at least three field goals and two extra points as I try to beat Believeland....

                                    The dirty ratbirds are vulnerable, and the Browns are flat out ready to kick butt.

                                    It's all there in the open, we'll see if my instincts are valid on this game.

                                    would love to see ray lewis knocked out.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • B BG

                                      Wish you were a betting person. Id love to take your money. To even think the Browns could win this game is delusional. Has to be a home town rooter.

                                      shoot S
                                      • 92 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      S shoot wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @bg said:

                                      Wish you were a betting person. Id love to take your money. To even think the Browns could win this game is delusional. Has to be a home town rooter.

                                      It's a long shot, but it's not delusional. The ravens aren't exactly dominant.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      ❤
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Speedyd900rr S
                                        • 823 Posts
                                        • 10 Reputation
                                        S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Long as I see a football team playing like a professional football team I will be happy.

                                        BUNSofSTEEL08B 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • S Speedyd900rr

                                          Long as I see a football team playing like a professional football team I will be happy.

                                          BUNSofSTEEL08 BUNSofSTEEL08B
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 8 Reputation
                                          BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @speedyd900rr said:

                                          Long as I see a football team playing like a professional football team I will be happy.

                                          GO Browns !

                                          Climbing the Stairway...To SEVEN !!
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate