Chad Knucklehead, (Bengals) fined $20,000 for joke "bribe"
-
Follow the link, and you can see a #1.00 bill clearly in Chad's hand as a joke. Amazingly ridiculous...
***************
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,200914
Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm EST
Chad Ochocinco tries to 'bribe' official on replay ruling
By Chris Chase
The artful use of a folded bill can get people past a long line at a club, seated quickly
at a restaurant with a 45-minute wait or, as countless detective shows have demonstrated,
a good piece of information from a cab driver with a hazy memory. As Chad Ochocinco(notes)
found out today, it will not get you a call during an NFL game.
The impish Cincinnati Bengals receiver playfully tried to bribe an NFL official today during
his team's game with its division rival, the Baltimore Ravens. With the Cincinnati Bengals
up 14-3 in the third quarter, Ochocinco caught a 15-yard Carson Palmer(notes) pass near the
sideline. The side judge ruled it a catch, but the Ravens contended that Ochocinco's foot
was out of bounds. While the ref was under the hood looking at the replay, Ochocinco
borrowed a dollar bill from an assistant and playfully tried to hand the one-spot to
another official.
Ochocinco was smiling the entire time and, as you can see above, the official put
a stop to the hijinks before they really began. It didn't work, the ref overturned
the call on the field and ruled that the pass was incomplete.
You're either going to be in one of two camps with this. Either you think it's
hilarious (like me) or you think that the mere appearance of bribery toward
officials is uncouth and needs to be dealt with swiftly. Judging by his track
record, Roger Goodell will fall firmly in the latter camp. Expect a fine for
Ochocinco, even though nobody will seriously think that this was ever meant
to be anything but a goof.
********************************************
Ochocinco says he was fined $20,000 for $1 ‘bribe’
By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
48 minutes ago
CINCINNATI (AP)—Chad Ochocinco’s(notes) pretend $1 bribe is going to cost him a lot more.
The Cincinnati Bengals receiver says he has been fined $20,000 for taking a dollar bill onto
the field during an officials’ review of one of his catches during a 17-7 win over Baltimore
on Sunday. Ochocinco held the dollar in his right hand at his side but didn’t give it to
the official, who motioned for him to stay away.
The NFL has cracked down on players using props during games. It also prohibits insulting
gestures toward officials.
In response to the fine, Rock Software, Inc.—which made Ochocinco’s iPhone application—says
it will donate an additional $20,000 in the receiver’s name to the Hillview Acres home
for abused children in Chino, Calif.
-
I was watching the game and witnessed the event. I was laughing my ass off, but at the same time saying, "Oh man, he's gonna get fined big time for this one!"
I love that guy. I didn't use to, but he has a lot of fun out there with that shit, as it should be.
-
the nfl should have fined him $1. it would have shown that they have a sense of humor. come on roger, it wasn't a real attempt to bribe an official.
-
Yes, dumb move..... I can understand in this area where this is a no no..
But there seems to be plenty of other areas that the NFL just needs to let go and have some fun. Like the "Captain Morgan" stance, and other areas...
Not only do these guys have to follow the rules of the game, but the rules of the league are just as many...
-
I was watching the game and witnessed the event. I was laughing my ass off, but at the same time saying, "Oh man, he's gonna get fined big time for this one!"
I love that guy. I didn't use to, but he has a lot of fun out there with that shit, as it should be.
I was watching the game and witnessed the event. I was laughing my ass off, but at the same time saying, "Oh man, he's gonna get fined big time for this one!"
I love that guy. I didn't use to, but he has a lot of fun out there with that shit, as it should be.
I was never a big fan of his...but it seemed in just a few weeks time he had come up with some of the goofiest celebrations after scoring and I started to think he was pretty funny and having a good time. I was convinced forever when right around Christmas he scored a TD and went to the sidelines and grab a bag full of signed stuff and started throwing it into the stands which I thought was pretty cool.
NFL= the No Fun League....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login