Skip to content

Ron Jaworski comments on the Browns

The Browns Board
44 19 4.5k
  • KosarfanK Kosarfan wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Can't argue that. He did throw a few long no where near the receiver, but what else at this point do we have to work with. Just turn him loose for the remainder of the seaon.

  • Can't argue that. He did throw a few long no where near the receiver, but what else at this point do we have to work with. Just turn him loose for the remainder of the seaon.

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @kosarfan said:

    Can't argue that. He did throw a few long no where near the receiver, but what else at this point do we have to work with. Just turn him loose for the remainder of the seaon.

    KF, I think you'll see him get nearly the rest of the season. If he plays well, then the whole 7 games. Otherwise, I'd expect to see Ratliff get a shot. He certainly couldn't be any worse.

    I think that what we saw last night from Quinn was insulting. You may choose to blame him or the coaches or whoever but I think that it's a real indictment of a GM who spent the #22 overall pick on this guy. He shows NOTHING to suggest he warranted that pick. At this point, he's less of a QB than Vince Young (and that's saying something). If Quinn turns around and lights up the next three opponents then I will gladly retract the above but right now, his career is on life support. People around the league are watching.

    As Quinn and DA both battle for the cellar of NFL QB rating, you're left wondering if any coaching staff could really win with this paucity of talent at the QB position.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #43

    negative Earl.

    what we saw last year from Quinn was an indictment of what he could do when he is surrounded by talent. Last year the only questions that were being asked was can he throw deep balls. This year he is being questioned on everything. Same for DA.

    The fact that both QB's have no talent to help catch the balls thrown to them makes life much harder for these two and perhaps any QB who comes to our team. Perhaps we gravely underestimated the importance that KW2, JJ, Stallworth (cough) and BE bought to our team by not bringing in adequate reinforcements when they were let go.

  • @kosarfan said:

    Can't argue that. He did throw a few long no where near the receiver, but what else at this point do we have to work with. Just turn him loose for the remainder of the seaon.

    KF, I think you'll see him get nearly the rest of the season. If he plays well, then the whole 7 games. Otherwise, I'd expect to see Ratliff get a shot. He certainly couldn't be any worse.

    I think that what we saw last night from Quinn was insulting. You may choose to blame him or the coaches or whoever but I think that it's a real indictment of a GM who spent the #22 overall pick on this guy. He shows NOTHING to suggest he warranted that pick. At this point, he's less of a QB than Vince Young (and that's saying something). If Quinn turns around and lights up the next three opponents then I will gladly retract the above but right now, his career is on life support. People around the league are watching.

    As Quinn and DA both battle for the cellar of NFL QB rating, you're left wondering if any coaching staff could really win with this paucity of talent at the QB position.

    C Chip Banks wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @earl34 said:

    I think that what we saw last night from Quinn was insulting. You may choose to blame him or the coaches or whoever but I think that it's a real indictment of a GM who spent the #22 overall pick on this guy. He shows NOTHING to suggest he warranted that pick. At this point, he's less of a QB than Vince Young (and that's saying something). If Quinn turns around and lights up the next three opponents then I will gladly retract the above but right now, his career is on life support. People around the league are watching.

    I'm not going to bash Quinn, because that was a dreadful offensive performance all-around. But it was clear to me that the Baltimore corners were playing off the wides, taking away the vertical routes and keeping inside position, just daring Quinn to throw outside the hashes. These are guys that have been beaten over the top a lot this season. That's why the Browns tried so many bubble screens and two or three slants. Throwing them to Furrey was a waste. That only works if the receiver can slip the first tackle.