Interesting facts about IR and Coach Mangini
-
As of today The Browns are ranked (actually tied with 5 teams for 15th)
with the # of players on IR with 5.
Reading about injuries, opportunity periods, Mangini tough practices this would seem to
to fit with a lot of injuries as the "Media's perception" would have us believe
My buddy who is a data and unusual stat nut job, gave me this little useful nugget.
I will try and get a link, but this guy is never wrong.
From 2006 -2007-2008 seasons, The Eric Mangini's NYJ's ranked 4th lowest out of 32 teams in players that were
put on the IR list.
Now some would say thats luck, but I would say Mangini regimen of tough August workouts,
off season programs were a HUGE contributing factor in this.
So what the media states and what is actual fact seem to differ a bit.
As Sgt Joe Friday would say..Just the facts Ma'am..
-
As of today The Browns are ranked (actually tied with 5 teams for 15th)
with the # of players on IR with 5.
Reading about injuries, opportunity periods, Mangini tough practices this would seem to
to fit with a lot of injuries as the "Media's perception" would have us believe
My buddy who is a data and unusual stat nut job, gave me this little useful nugget.
I will try and get a link, but this guy is never wrong.
From 2006 -2007-2008 seasons, The Eric Mangini's NYJ's ranked 4th lowest out of 32 teams in players that were
put on the IR list.
Now some would say thats luck, but I would say Mangini regimen of tough August workouts,
off season programs were a HUGE contributing factor in this.
So what the media states and what is actual fact seem to differ a bit.
As Sgt Joe Friday would say..Just the facts Ma'am..
As of today The Browns are ranked (actually tied with 5 teams for 15th)
with the # of players on IR with 5.
Reading about injuries, opportunity periods, Mangini tough practices this would seem to
to fit with a lot of injuries as the "Media's perception" would have us believe
My buddy who is a data and unusual stat nut job, gave me this little useful nugget.
I will try and get a link, but this guy is never wrong.
From 2006 -2007-2008 seasons, The Eric Mangini's NYJ's ranked 4th lowest out of 32 teams in players that were
put on the IR list.
Now some would say thats luck, but I would say Mangini regimen of tough August workouts,
off season programs were a HUGE contributing factor in this.
So what the media states and what is actual fact seem to differ a bit.
As Sgt Joe Friday would say..Just the facts Ma'am..
....and don't forget least penalized team in the league from 2006-2008.
-
As of today The Browns are ranked (actually tied with 5 teams for 15th)
with the # of players on IR with 5.
Reading about injuries, opportunity periods, Mangini tough practices this would seem to
to fit with a lot of injuries as the "Media's perception" would have us believe
My buddy who is a data and unusual stat nut job, gave me this little useful nugget.
I will try and get a link, but this guy is never wrong.
From 2006 -2007-2008 seasons, The Eric Mangini's NYJ's ranked 4th lowest out of 32 teams in players that were
put on the IR list.
Now some would say thats luck, but I would say Mangini regimen of tough August workouts,
off season programs were a HUGE contributing factor in this.
So what the media states and what is actual fact seem to differ a bit.
As Sgt Joe Friday would say..Just the facts Ma'am..
....and don't forget least penalized team in the league from 2006-2008.
-
and still 1-7
You cant coach TALENT you either have it or you dont. A low injury rate and #1 in fewest penalties is a pretty good start from a Browns team thats been desimated by injuries and held back by penalties in recent years. The talent will come, give it time
-
and still 1-7
Those teams weren't 1-7
-
It's refreshing to read a post accentuating positives, & the low number of injuries & penalties are definitely positives. The talent pool will not build overnight, but many things have shown vast improvement this 1st year. I guess "the beast" is not TOTALLY without an upside, is he?
Many Brown's fans need to read this post & understand that there IS progress being made. I choose to dwell on these positives. I can always be patient when I can see progress...Can you?
Mike
-
It's refreshing to read a post accentuating positives, & the low number of injuries & penalties are definitely positives. The talent pool will not build overnight, but many things have shown vast improvement this 1st year. I guess "the beast" is not TOTALLY without an upside, is he?
Many Brown's fans need to read this post & understand that there IS progress being made. I choose to dwell on these positives. I can always be patient when I can see progress...Can you?
Mike
Can you?
Yes.
-
I am all about searching the positives out and focusing on the process, but I don't want anymore 30-3 scores. Change the long term scheme a little to play competetive.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login