Skip to content

Bears fans poison Steeler fan??

The Browns Board
28 20 2.1k
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 18, 2009 2:36 PM ET

    Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.

    Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.

    "Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," Heddinger said.

    That's where things get weird.

    According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.

    Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O'Shea's, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.

    Heddinger says he can't remember what happened that day, but hasn't been able to see since. He's taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren't very hopeful.

    "I don't think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Well thats pretty sad that someone would go that far to harm another football fan, but everyone knows that some steelers fans never shut up.

    Not saying I wish him harm but have you ever been to PA and seen two cousins fighting over their sisters.

  • W WilsonTheVolleyball wrote on last edited by
    #3

    That's Bears fans for ya...

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #4

    that's so pathetic....over a xxxxing game? really?

    and a regular season game at that.

  • daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Very sad indeed.

  • B BATMAN wrote on last edited by
    #6

    That's messed up on any level. What are the odds you think the person or persons will get caught ?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I hope those bears fans get burned at the stake.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    They may have been horsing around and had no idea of the severity consequences of their action. I suspect many of us have at some point had some "Autumn Leaves" which includes grain alcohol as the main ingredient. These Bears fans may have just thought they were "spiking the punch", but they had no idea this guys reaction would be so serious. It is probably not as bad, say, as someone lacing another persons food with LSD.

    I mean, we have had the likes of Don Rogers and Len Bias die from taking cocaine. I suspect they had no clue how serious their reactions to those drugs would be....but, death is pretty damn serious.

    Lesson learned: don't go putting foreign substances in someone else's consumables. You may think it is a big joke, but it could be a serious matter. I mean, some people could actually die if you put peanut butter in their food unknowingly.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #9

    Wow its unbelievable that any fans of any sport besides maybe euro soccer would actually do something like this...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    That's the Chicago way on the football side.

  • jloweJ jlowe wrote on last edited by
    #11

    remind me to never piss off a bears fan...

  • Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 18, 2009 2:36 PM ET

    Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.

    Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.

    "Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," Heddinger said.

    That's where things get weird.

    According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.

    Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O'Shea's, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.

    Heddinger says he can't remember what happened that day, but hasn't been able to see since. He's taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren't very hopeful.

    "I don't think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger.

    B BG wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @ballpeen said:

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 18, 2009 2:36 PM ET

    Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.

    Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.

    "Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand," Heddinger said.

    That's where things get weird.

    According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.

    Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O'Shea's, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.

    Heddinger says he can't remember what happened that day, but hasn't been able to see since. He's taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren't very hopeful.

    "I don't think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close," said Heddinger.

  • S samoth wrote on last edited by
    #13

    It's really too bad it wasn't fatal

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Formerly Stone said:

    The guy is blind! For someone who acts like he wants to kill a football player for having a collision with your man lover you seem to be awful passive about this.......you are obviously in need of counseling.

    You are an apparent fool for not being able to comprehend what I am saying. I am saying simply that 'spiking the punch' with alcohol as these guys apparently did had far more serious consequences than these guys intended. The serious result of this guy getting blinded I am sure was probably unforseeable or at least unforseen to them. That doesn't lessen the seriousness of the consequence

    The intent and the consequences of lacing somebodies food/drink with LSD are more apparent. Normally you would think there would far greater chances of harmful side effects from the drug as opposed to the alcohol. After all, the guy did know that he was being bought a "drink". Apparently however the potency of that drink was far beyond either parties comprehension.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #15

    That's what he gets....

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #16

    wow i may not like steeler's fans, but wow. making another guy blind isn't that bad? how could anyone say that? this is horrible. anyone who thinks this isn't so bad is ridiculous. imagine if this had happened to a brown's fan: how would you feel then? imagine if it happened to you and you were blind... because of a football game. how would you feel then?

  • wow i may not like steeler's fans, but wow. making another guy blind isn't that bad? how could anyone say that? this is horrible. anyone who thinks this isn't so bad is ridiculous. imagine if this had happened to a brown's fan: how would you feel then? imagine if it happened to you and you were blind... because of a football game. how would you feel then?

    S samoth wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    wow i may not like steeler's fans, but wow. making another guy blind isn't that bad? how could anyone say that? this is horrible. anyone who thinks this isn't so bad is ridiculous. imagine if this had happened to a brown's fan: how would you feel then? imagine if it happened to you and you were blind... because of a football game. how would you feel then?

    at least id never have to watch the browns "play" football again

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #18

    And I thought only Pittsburgh fans were shity

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #19

    With the exception of Formerly Stone.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Formerly Stone said:

    Does this mean I am not shity or I am the definition of shity? 😕 And wouldn't shity be spelled shitty? 😁

    You are ok in my book.