Skip to content

HOLMGRENS INTERESTED

The Browns Board
27 14 2.7k
  • Word broke this week, via Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown, a confidante to Randy Lerner, that the Cleveland Browns' owner was talking with Mike Holmgren about the team's football czar opportunity.

    Then, Lerner didn't have anything to say about the meeting.

    Earlier today, Holmgren denied talking with the Browns during a 950 KJR radio appearance.

    However, he definitely sounds interested.

    "I'd love to talk with Cleveland someday," Holmgren said.

    Whether they've already talked or not, it seems certain that they'll talk one day about the job.

    It's also safe to say that Holmgren may want to wait and see what other opportunities arise.

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson...ith-Browns.html

  • Holmgren says everyone in the organization from the owner down has to be on the same page as a prerequisite...does that eliminate the browns?

  • Holmgren says everyone in the organization from the owner down has to be on the same page as a prerequisite...does that eliminate the browns?

    @gips said:

    Holmgren says everyone in the organization from the owner down has to be on the same page as a prerequisite...does that eliminate the browns?

    Ouch 🙄

    I was anti-Holmgren when he left Green Bay in a hissy-fit, and he could have done better in Seattle, but he certainly would be a major upgrade of anything we've had here.

    My only skepticism is I'm not sure how long he'd be willing to stick around and see it through (the rebuild & beyond). Does he have enough patience to get it done?

  • hell if he gave us respectability id be happy

  • I was anti-Holmgren when he left Green Bay in a hissy-fit, and he could have done better in Seattle, but he certainly would be a major upgrade of anything we've had here.

    ---What exactly made you anti-holmgren?... the Superbowls he led both teams to?...

  • I heard it was Charlie Casserly that Lerner was talking to. I would much rather have him. He has more experience and a much better track record drafting.

  • I heard it was Charlie Casserly that Lerner was talking to. I would much rather have him. He has more experience and a much better track record drafting.

    @sez.ej said:

    I heard it was Charlie Casserly that Lerner was talking to. I would much rather have him. He has more experience and a much better track record drafting.

    Didnt his best draft season come when he was fired ? Also I would prefer a man of Holmgrens coaching experience. Before being a GM/Coach he was a QB coach and an Offensive coordinator .... and guess what part of the Browns seem the worst ? Bingo !!!!

  • he'll just get run outta town....if he doesn't win the divison his first year, he's gone.

  • With Holmgren, in three years your team will be the real deal. not like some of these teams/coaches that raise the hopes for one season and then fizzle out again. Is Holgren the type that has to have total control ?

  • Holmgren would be a good addition if he was not handcuffed by Mangini. Until Mangini is gone you will have alot of problems with team chemistry.

  • Holmgren would be a good addition if he was not handcuffed by Mangini. Until Mangini is gone you will have alot of problems with team chemistry.

    @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Holmgren would be a good addition if he was not handcuffed by Mangini. Until Mangini is gone you will have alot of problems with team chemistry.

    I couldnt agree more...holmgren is a solid guy and would bounce mangini out on his ear..its unfortunately the reason i dont see holmgren or any true serious czar type coming in if they have to keep mangoonie onboard..

    Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....😉

  • @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Holmgren would be a good addition if he was not handcuffed by Mangini. Until Mangini is gone you will have alot of problems with team chemistry.

    I couldnt agree more...holmgren is a solid guy and would bounce mangini out on his ear..its unfortunately the reason i dont see holmgren or any true serious czar type coming in if they have to keep mangoonie onboard..

    Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....😉

    @gips said:

    Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....😉

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

  • @gips said:

    Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....😉

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

    @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

    Even we do not want Cowher and the reason for it (apart from the Steeler reason) is that he does not seem like a guy smart enough to turn this thing around. The guy is pretty much stuck with the job and I doubt if Carolina would fire John Fox with Cowher .... that would be a nightmare for the team.

    Holmgren would have a much bigger area of control than Mangini if he were appointed. So I do not expect Mangini to be any problem to Holmgren, infact it might be the other way around.

  • @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

    Even we do not want Cowher and the reason for it (apart from the Steeler reason) is that he does not seem like a guy smart enough to turn this thing around. The guy is pretty much stuck with the job and I doubt if Carolina would fire John Fox with Cowher .... that would be a nightmare for the team.

    Holmgren would have a much bigger area of control than Mangini if he were appointed. So I do not expect Mangini to be any problem to Holmgren, infact it might be the other way around.

    @brownindian said:

    Even we do not want Cowher and the reason for it (apart from the Steeler reason) is that he does not seem like a guy smart enough to turn this thing around.

    That's funny.

    If Cowher was to go to the browns, it would be the best coach you have had in decades. I don't even understand the "STEELERS reason" because he was already a browns coach years ago. You guys would welcome Cowher with open arms.

  • @gips said:

    Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....😉

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

    @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

  • @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    @kshutchins said:

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    It seem's to me that he was just trying to find out what happened, so what's the big deal??? Just sayin!!!

  • @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Ha Ha. Very funny. 😳

    I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    @kshutchins said:

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    Hi Kathy, I miss playing in the fantasy league this season. I have still enjoyed reading your fantasy football thread.

    This is not my real username. I had to re-sign up with a new username. When I post using the other name it never shows up. I've tried over and over.

  • @kshutchins said:

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    Hi Kathy, I miss playing in the fantasy league this season. I have still enjoyed reading your fantasy football thread.

    This is not my real username. I had to re-sign up with a new username. When I post using the other name it never shows up. I've tried over and over.

    @the-fan-of-steel said:

    Hi Kathy, I miss playing in the fantasy league this season. I have still enjoyed reading your fantasy football thread.

    This is not my real username. I had to re-sign up with a new username. When I post using the other name it never shows up. I've tried over and over.

    I've checked the admin logs and don't see anything. I must be missing it. I can't explain what happened.

  • @kshutchins said:

    If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

    It seem's to me that he was just trying to find out what happened, so what's the big deal??? Just sayin!!!

    @daydawg19 said:

    It seem's to me that he was just trying to find out what happened, so what's the big deal??? Just sayin!!!

    Who the F cares? he's a Squeel Fag. It doesn't matter.

  • @daydawg19 said:

    It seem's to me that he was just trying to find out what happened, so what's the big deal??? Just sayin!!!

    Who the F cares? he's a Squeel Fag. It doesn't matter.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Who the F cares? he's a Squeel Fag. It doesn't matter.

    Your such a nice guy. 🙄