Skip to content

Eric Berry

The Browns Board
17 9 1.8k
  • I think he's a stud. The question is can you take a safety at #1 or #2 overall. (I would but some people would argue you shouldn't).

    @earl34 said:

    I think he's a stud. The question is can you take a safety at #1 or #2 overall. (I would but some people would argue you shouldn't).

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

  • @earl34 said:

    I think he's a stud. The question is can you take a safety at #1 or #2 overall. (I would but some people would argue you shouldn't).

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

    Trading out of #1 requires a team that needs to trade into #1. That's getting harder and harder.

  • @earl34 said:

    I think he's a stud. The question is can you take a safety at #1 or #2 overall. (I would but some people would argue you shouldn't).

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

    Agreed. I think we will trade down to get him. With Mallett, Claussen and Bradford some teams might flip flop with us so we can get Berry.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    again, we may have the number 1 overall pick, but we would almost definitely trade it. lerner already owes $18 million to savage, romeo and now kokinas. he doesn't want to pay a rookie $70 million with $50 million guaranteed.

    Trading out of #1 requires a team that needs to trade into #1. That's getting harder and harder.

    @earl34 said:

    Trading out of #1 requires a team that needs to trade into #1. That's getting harder and harder.

    Dude the Rams and the Skins need the #1.

  • @earl34 said:

    Trading out of #1 requires a team that needs to trade into #1. That's getting harder and harder.

    Dude the Rams and the Skins need the #1.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Dude the Rams and the Skins need the #1.

    so do the browns...

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Dude the Rams and the Skins need the #1.

    so do the browns...

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    so do the browns...

    Whatever they do they need to get Berry.

    Kiper said that Berry is the top prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft. That is a strong endorsement, and while Kiper admits that either Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy might end up as the #1 pick, he notes that this is the case because Berry plays safety, a position not usually connected with the top pick in the NFL Draft. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, no defensive back has been taken with the #1 overall pick.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    so do the browns...

    Whatever they do they need to get Berry.

    Kiper said that Berry is the top prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft. That is a strong endorsement, and while Kiper admits that either Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy might end up as the #1 pick, he notes that this is the case because Berry plays safety, a position not usually connected with the top pick in the NFL Draft. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, no defensive back has been taken with the #1 overall pick.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Whatever they do they need to get Berry.

    Kiper said that Berry is the top prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft. That is a strong endorsement, and while Kiper admits that either Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy might end up as the #1 pick, he notes that this is the case because Berry plays safety, a position not usually connected with the top pick in the NFL Draft. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, no defensive back has been taken with the #1 overall pick.

    leave it to us to break the mold and do something no one has ever done before. we are used to doing that... just not in a good way.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Whatever they do they need to get Berry.

    Kiper said that Berry is the top prospect for the 2010 NFL Draft. That is a strong endorsement, and while Kiper admits that either Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford or Texas QB Colt McCoy might end up as the #1 pick, he notes that this is the case because Berry plays safety, a position not usually connected with the top pick in the NFL Draft. Since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, no defensive back has been taken with the #1 overall pick.

    leave it to us to break the mold and do something no one has ever done before. we are used to doing that... just not in a good way.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    leave it to us to break the mold and do something no one has ever done before. we are used to doing that... just not in a good way.

    This would be a good way. This pick has to be one of the most sure things to come along in years. But who am I?

  • Count me In -

    Berry would be awesome -

    Beckon the days of the great Eric Turner

  • Count me In -

    Berry would be awesome -

    Beckon the days of the great Eric Turner

    @nails said:

    Count me In -

    Berry would be awesome -

    Beckon the days of the great Eric Turner

    I like Berry a lot...was talking about him before mosy had heard of him....but....if we get the #1 pick and can't move, we probably go with the DT.

    Though it would be hard to pass Berry if I was picking.

  • Taking a defensive back with the first overall pick might be the cheapest option for taking a #1. Quarterback, Defensive Lineman, Tackles all command high dollars (I know, even a punter at #1 is going to be expensive) but maybe a DB will save a bit of dough as he gets to be the first of all time.

  • Berry's a legit top 5-10 pick, but I wouldn't take him over Suh. And I'd consider going with Gerald McCoy over him as well.

    This year's safety class should be pretty deep, and Berry hasn't played well enough in '09 to take him #1 overall. Yes, he's proven his versatility in Monte Kiffin's defense, but he hasn't made as many big plays and has missed on a good number of tackles.

    For instance, here are highlights of Berry from the Ole Miss game:

    If you combined Berry's brain and Mays' physique, you'd most definitely have a safety worth taking with the first pick of the draft. But since that guy doesn't exist, I'd go with Mr. Suh.

  • A Alo

    Berry's a legit top 5-10 pick, but I wouldn't take him over Suh. And I'd consider going with Gerald McCoy over him as well.

    This year's safety class should be pretty deep, and Berry hasn't played well enough in '09 to take him #1 overall. Yes, he's proven his versatility in Monte Kiffin's defense, but he hasn't made as many big plays and has missed on a good number of tackles.

    For instance, here are highlights of Berry from the Ole Miss game:

    If you combined Berry's brain and Mays' physique, you'd most definitely have a safety worth taking with the first pick of the draft. But since that guy doesn't exist, I'd go with Mr. Suh.

    @alo said:

    Berry's a legit top 5-10 pick, but I wouldn't take him over Suh. And I'd consider going with Gerald McCoy over him as well.

    This year's safety class should be pretty deep, and Berry hasn't played well enough in '09 to take him #1 overall. Yes, he's proven his versatility in Monte Kiffin's defense, but he hasn't made as many big plays and has missed on a good number of tackles.

    For instance, here are highlights of Berry from the Ole Miss game:

    If you combined Berry's brain and Mays' physique, you'd most definitely have a safety worth taking with the first pick of the draft. But since that guy doesn't exist, I'd go with Mr. Suh.

    Even if Berry's the next Ronnie Lott, you don't take him with the #1 overall. If we can't trade down it's Suh over Berry.

  • OK, if the Browns do get the #1 I think I would still go for Suh. But if they end up wining another game or two, they could take Berry with the #2 or #3 pick. That would be just fine.