Skip to content

Why all the hate for B-Mac

The Browns Board
18 11 1.1k
  • mcdonald needs pressure to help him. no one can cover for 7 seconds. the 93-yard TD was blown coverage all around. sean jones is just as culpable as 22 for that one. i think it's actually quite the opposite of hate that people have for mcdonald right now; we're blaming the coaches for putting him in a position to fail rather than to succeed. yes, we were initially mad when he gave up that TD, but he needs to know that it's his job to drag a receiver down if he's going to get torched and not to try and make a play on the ball instead of making the tackle. we don't know whether he's had that drilled into his head enough, but from the way he played, it doesn't seem so.

    @ masters: it's great that wimbley's not bitching about his stats. it shows that he's a team guy, and that's something every team needs. it's funny, though, that he would be helping the team more if his stats were better. i think moving him around will help a great deal in achieving that goal.

  • I forgot who said it but giving Cutler 6~7 seconds to throw the ball, not bringing the house when they are down to there 6th rb/fb option is a recipe for FKING IGNORANCE! and a very horrible scheme! put that again on the coaches.

  • b mac gets burned a lot! if he is the starter you cant pull the safeties up!

  • B-Mac is a ballhawk to be effective he needs support and with cousins,jones and adams frolicking everywhere but where they should be he is often left on his own i think we will see a more coverage oriented bmac next week..

    The fact our defensive coordinator sucks far worse than grantham in the sense that we do have the ability to pressure but tuck would rather give the game away then to sellout to an all out blitz when we have the lead or desprately need a stop...

  • Masters....just a mention on Kams sack last week...nobody blocked him.

    I agree....its a sack...sort of like Chump Thompson sacks...he got his when plays broke down and Chump happened to run someone down or they ran in to him..a qb run for a loss is a sack.

    I want to see Wimp actually rush the passer...beat his blocker and get some real sacks...I could probably get a sack if nobody blocked me.

  • The thought process of CB's is to always forget about the previous play and concentrate on the next one. Benching BMac does not reinforce this philosophy, IMO.

  • macdonald will rebound he is a player! unike those stallworth types.

  • B Mac is above average, but even the best corners are going to get toasted when you give a qb all day.

    I'd put less on the secondary and more on the coaching staff for rushing 3 and dropping 8.

  • B Mac is above average, but even the best corners are going to get toasted when you give a qb all day.

    I'd put less on the secondary and more on the coaching staff for rushing 3 and dropping 8.

    @tobalaz said:

    B Mac is above average, but even the best corners are going to get toasted when you give a qb all day.

    I'd put less on the secondary and more on the coaching staff for rushing 3 and dropping 8.

    I agree.....and when Wimp is one of the rushers, you might as well call it 2 rushing the qb.

  • @tobalaz said:

    B Mac is above average, but even the best corners are going to get toasted when you give a qb all day.

    I'd put less on the secondary and more on the coaching staff for rushing 3 and dropping 8.

    I agree.....and when Wimp is one of the rushers, you might as well call it 2 rushing the qb.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree.....and when Wimp is one of the rushers, you might as well call it 2 rushing the qb.

    maybe we can send old man willie in on a blitz! or is his name slow ass mcGinnist?

  • Masters....just a mention on Kams sack last week...nobody blocked him.

    I agree....its a sack...sort of like Chump Thompson sacks...he got his when plays broke down and Chump happened to run someone down or they ran in to him..a qb run for a loss is a sack.

    I want to see Wimp actually rush the passer...beat his blocker and get some real sacks...I could probably get a sack if nobody blocked me.

    @ballpeen said:

    Masters....just a mention on Kams sack last week...nobody blocked him.

    I agree....its a sack...sort of like Chump Thompson sacks...he got his when plays broke down and Chump happened to run someone down or they ran in to him..a qb run for a loss is a sack.

    I want to see Wimp actually rush the passer...beat his blocker and get some real sacks...I could probably get a sack if nobody blocked me.

    Oh I know. The article does leave that out.

    We have talked about this before, but I think the first issue with Kam is the coaching/scheme. Guys don't get 11 sacks their rookie year and go into the tank for no reason. If he got fat and out of shape, I'd get it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. So either the dude can't learn or has no heart, or the coaching blows.

    The other key in that article, which I have at least seen in games is "They've slid the line to him and they've done a good job of chipping with the back to his side." So why the frak is the D coordinator or HC not countering this with schemes to free up Kam, or take advantage of that double team or chip with pressure elsewhere?