Skip to content

Turkey Testicle Festival

The Browns Board
10 5 782
  • K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #2

    You probably thought it would appeal to this crowd because this place if full of nuts! 😆 Both figuretively (sic) and literally. Yeah, I went there!

    Heidi

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #3

    It looks like a good party. Never had a turkey testicle before, but love Rocky Mountain Oysters...probably about the same only a bit larger...some looked real large for that matter...I like them crispy, but hey, I'll eat anything others eat at least once.

    I learned a long time ago that if you put enough hot sauce on something, you can eat it.

    A nice beer wash doesn't hurt either.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Oh boy! And for the drive home, a nice, hot cup of Chock Full O' Nuts Coffee!

    That was on TV just the other day & when I retire in the near future, I swear I'm gonna hit a LOT of food festivals & diners/drive-ins & dives around the USA. I think that would make for some FUN road trips.

    Mike

  • Oh boy! And for the drive home, a nice, hot cup of Chock Full O' Nuts Coffee!

    That was on TV just the other day & when I retire in the near future, I swear I'm gonna hit a LOT of food festivals & diners/drive-ins & dives around the USA. I think that would make for some FUN road trips.

    Mike

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @canton-mike said:

    Oh boy! And for the drive home, a nice, hot cup of Chock Full O' Nuts Coffee!

    That was on TV just the other day & when I retire in the near future, I swear I'm gonna hit a LOT of food festivals & diners/drive-ins & dives around the USA. I think that would make for some FUN road trips.

    Mike

    It would Mike...I am at that point right now...Pat and I were just discussing

    how we want to do a Macy's parade...a room right on the route....I think it is going to get booked in Jan or Feb.....time to stop talking about it and do it.

    I know how old the men in my family typically live, so I might have 12-17 years if I hit the high averages, and 2-3 of those aren't going to be good years, so screw it....it's a renaissance of sorts....just do what you have always wanted. I have the dough and might not have the time....better get started in finishing this ride out.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Oh boy! And for the drive home, a nice, hot cup of Chock Full O' Nuts Coffee!

    That was on TV just the other day & when I retire in the near future, I swear I'm gonna hit a LOT of food festivals & diners/drive-ins & dives around the USA. I think that would make for some FUN road trips.

    Mike

    It would Mike...I am at that point right now...Pat and I were just discussing

    how we want to do a Macy's parade...a room right on the route....I think it is going to get booked in Jan or Feb.....time to stop talking about it and do it.

    I know how old the men in my family typically live, so I might have 12-17 years if I hit the high averages, and 2-3 of those aren't going to be good years, so screw it....it's a renaissance of sorts....just do what you have always wanted. I have the dough and might not have the time....better get started in finishing this ride out.

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @ballpeen said:

    It would Mike...I am at that point right now...Pat and I were just discussing

    how we want to do a Macy's parade...a room right on the route....I think it is going to get booked in Jan or Feb.....time to stop talking about it and do it.

    One of my kids will be living in NYC next year and I've already invited myself for Thanksgiving. I want to see that parade in person!

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Well, maybe we can arrange a formal introduction over a Manhattan.

    .

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Reminds me of the interview of country music star Reba McIntire...

    they asked her was her worst job ever was. She said it was holding the bucket

    in the fifth grade, and those Rocky Mountain Oysters were tossed in it while...

    Only way I'd eat those, is if I was on "Survivor", and we were 3 weeks out with little food,

    and I was desperate to win immunity. And that's iffy....

    Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYBODY !

  • Well, maybe we can arrange a formal introduction over a Manhattan.

    .

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    Well, maybe we can arrange a formal introduction over a Manhattan.

    .

    If one or both of you are there next year I hope someone will hold up a sign and wish The BrownsBoard a Happy Thanksgiving so we know you're there and we can wave back even though you can't see us.

    And yeah, it's time to stop putting things off. Things happen and you don't want to wish you had an opportunity slip past you.

    I hope you both make it to the parade next year and enjoy the experience!

    Heidi

  • Well, maybe we can arrange a formal introduction over a Manhattan.

    .

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ballpeen said:

    Well, maybe we can arrange a formal introduction over a Manhattan.

    If only we can remember this next year! 🙂