Skip to content

Does Mangini's Lisp Effect Team Morale?

The Browns Board
23 13 3.2k
  • who cares? just let rob ryan do the "pep talks", he's pretty emotional.

    if you're gonna criticize mangini, at least have it be something that he can control.

  • Mangini should take vocal lessons in the art of LABIALS. Then, he might not sound like a petite French girl. If Mangini was a telemarketer I would laugh and hang up. I would laugh at Mangini and then hang up on Mangini because it is bad enough to be another fat head coach, but to be a fat head coach with a lisp is simply inexcusable.

  • weak. you're reaching bro, possibly even reaching around.

    ...gaydar never came close to going off...

  • Sorry dude, if my coach had a lisp it'd be tough to take him seriously.

  • Sorry dude, if my coach had a lisp it'd be tough to take him seriously.

    @coachshmaltz said:

    Sorry dude, if my coach had a lisp it'd be tough to take him seriously.

    Then I'd have to question your character. To mock someone for something so ridiculously insignificant is petty and childish, in my opinion.

  • Football is a manly game, a game of men- where men can be men. Mangini, although bulbous and outwardly manly, seems to enjoy speaking with a lisp. Listen close to his press conferences. Doesn't it sound like he's trying hard to pick only the words he can lisp?

  • Football is a manly game, a game of men- where men can be men. Mangini, although bulbous and outwardly manly, seems to enjoy speaking with a lisp. Listen close to his press conferences. Doesn't it sound like he's trying hard to pick only the words he can lisp?

    @coachshmaltz said:

    Football is a manly game, a game of men- where men can be men. Mangini, although bulbous and outwardly manly, seems to enjoy speaking with a lisp. Listen close to his press conferences. Doesn't it sound like he's trying hard to pick only the words he can lisp?

    He doesn't have A LISP..What are you listening too Mr Mensa member..Mangini is a state wrestling

    champion..I would put serious money he'ed whup your ass up and down Lou Groza Blvd

  • @coachshmaltz said:

    Football is a manly game, a game of men- where men can be men. Mangini, although bulbous and outwardly manly, seems to enjoy speaking with a lisp. Listen close to his press conferences. Doesn't it sound like he's trying hard to pick only the words he can lisp?

    He doesn't have A LISP..What are you listening too Mr Mensa member..Mangini is a state wrestling

    champion..I would put serious money he'ed whup your ass up and down Lou Groza Blvd

    @peterbell said:

    He doesn't have A LISP..What are you listening too Mr Mensa member..Mangini is a state wrestling

    champion..I would put serious money he'ed whup your ass up and down Lou Groza Blvd

    I don't hear it either but all I've listened to is youtube. Doesn't matter. It's a stupid thing to criticize.

  • You realize this is one of Ghoolie's AKA's?

  • I don't know who Ghoolie is, and I don't care he was a wrestling champ. First, he played football at WESLEYAN. You guys know how funny that is? It is a school that I believe just lost out to Oberlin being the most "vegetarian friendly."

    Wesleyan's rep is: gals don't shave their pits, and it's all the ultra-rich, ultra-ultra liberal kids who really stuck it to ma and pa by not going to Swarthmore, Williams, Middlebury, Amherst, or (God-forbid) Bates or Bowdoin.

    And yeah, listen close- he sounds like he's gargling his tongue.

  • He doesn't have a lisp and it wouldn't matter if he did. I think guys not knowing how to catch and tackle is worse for morale.

  • He doesn't have a lisp and it wouldn't matter if he did. I think guys not knowing how to catch and tackle is worse for morale.

    @earl34 said:

    He doesn't have a lisp and it wouldn't matter if he did. I think guys not knowing how to catch and tackle is worse for morale.

    I think our head coach sounding like a woman with a lisp is worse for morale.

    haha owned

  • do you think the san diego chargers will fear the browns more or less because our head coach has a lisp? i say MORE. it's like that song "a boy named sue." don't poke the gorilla in the monkeyhouse son . . . like how many times you think Eric got teased as a kid? and now Eric is still teased about the lisp . . . as an adult? I look for Eric (and his lisp) to take out a lifetime's worth of schoolyard teasing all over the san diego chargers . . . splat. go browns!

  • @coachshmaltz said:

    Sorry dude, if my coach had a lisp it'd be tough to take him seriously.

    Then I'd have to question your character. To mock someone for something so ridiculously insignificant is petty and childish, in my opinion.

    @kshutchins said:

    Then I'd have to question your character. To mock someone for something so ridiculously insignificant is petty and childish, in my opinion.

    yea, but you have to admit it IS funny......ha ha

  • @kshutchins said:

    Then I'd have to question your character. To mock someone for something so ridiculously insignificant is petty and childish, in my opinion.

    yea, but you have to admit it IS funny......ha ha

    @yosemitejam said:

    yea, but you have to admit it IS funny......ha ha

    Nope. Not funny.

  • does mangini's lisp affect team morale?

    No but a lack of straightforwardness does.

  • I mean forreal . . . if your head coach was a fat guy with a lisp it'd be tough not to have, like, "best-impersonation" contests behind his back, right? Fear the man, respect the lisp . . . .