Skip to content

Question for those who have NFL Network

The Browns Board
18 14 1.6k
  • P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #1

    How sad should I be that my local cable doesn't offer NFL Network? Are there good shows in addition to the Thursday night games? Is there good programming in the off-season?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #2

    My cable company had the NFL Network a few years ago and I absolutely love it. Plus, still, they are very biased in favor of the Cleveland Browns and give them alot of coverage. They always do coll team profiles in the offseason and NFL total access is one of the best sports shows on cable. I highly recommend you get it. I wish I still had it.

  • How sad should I be that my local cable doesn't offer NFL Network? Are there good shows in addition to the Thursday night games? Is there good programming in the off-season?

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @professor_g said:

    How sad should I be that my local cable doesn't offer NFL Network? Are there good shows in addition to the Thursday night games? Is there good programming in the off-season?

    I think it's pretty fantastic, especially in the off-season. Their combine stuff is first rate and they constantly re-air classic games in their entirety and condensed version of games played the previous season. I've also enjoyed their "Greatest 4th Quarters" and their "America's Game" show (hour long look at the season of various Super Bowl winners) is too awesome for words.

    If you have the option of switching to a provider that offers it, I highly recommend it.

    Beanpot

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I like their Sunday morning pregame better than any of the other pregame shows.

  • C cardinalmaniac wrote on last edited by
    #5

    My favorite is that in the spring/summer when you're in desperate need for a football fix, they do the NFL Replay for 16 weeks.

    So for example...

    1st week of April: They replay the games from NFL week 1

    2nd week of April: replay the games from NFL week 2

    By the time the 2010 pre-season is ramping up they're showing the playoffs and Superbowl replays.

    Like I mentioned, it really does help with your football fix during the summer months.

  • E Ebenezer wrote on last edited by Ebenezer
    #6

    I love it a lot because they show replays of the best games of the week, ALL preseason games, classic games etc. And after the season is over they replay ALL the games from the season in order.

    I like Chris Berman and the crew at ESPN better as far as coverage and personality go, but I like the NFL Networks crew better than FOX. 2x's as much as NBC. And 3x's as much as CBS.

    My favorite shows during the week are the AFC and NFC playbook shows. I also like the Sounds of the Game show where they play audio from micd up players from the previous weekend. I love that they have Brian Billick on the Playbook shows though. He in my opinion is one of the most knowledgable down to earth brutally honest people in football today. He's an asset for anyone.

    But yeah NFL Network is definitely worth it.

  • P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Sounds awesome-- like just the sort of thing I'd love. I'm really going to have to get after my cable provider because there's no way my wife is going to agree to switch to a different service.

  • next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #8

    NFL Network is awesome. The live feed of Josh McDaniels saying "Mother*ckin" made it even better. 😆

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I think it's "just ok" I find myself watching it more in the offseason then the regular season.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I rarely watch it...maybe 2 hours a month not counting and live games.

  • I rarely watch it...maybe 2 hours a month not counting and live games.

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @ballpeen said:

    I rarely watch it...maybe 2 hours a month not counting and live games.

    Sure, but you're entirely too busy watching Murder, She Wrote and Matlock re-runs. Not to mention your McCloud dvd collection.

    Pay no attention to this guy, professor_g. He's asleep far more often than he's awake.

    Beanpot

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    It is a must if you like the combine too....evr day of the combine plus interviews and the best show countdown to the draft every night 3 weeks before the draft...great channel!

  • L Lombardi4Browns wrote on last edited by
    #13

    The NFL package is great for those of us who live outside the Ohio viewing area. Otherwise I would have to watch the Titans.... blech!!!!

    The "two minute warning" channel is really cool, it switches back and forth between games to show you all the important and crucial plays as they happen. It is the only channel you need to watch actually.

  • Sounds awesome-- like just the sort of thing I'd love. I'm really going to have to get after my cable provider because there's no way my wife is going to agree to switch to a different service.

    R RPrepublic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @professor_g said:

    Sounds awesome-- like just the sort of thing I'd love. I'm really going to have to get after my cable provider because there's no way my wife is going to agree to switch to a different service.

    Guess youll have to get a new wife then while your at it! j/k!

  • @ballpeen said:

    I rarely watch it...maybe 2 hours a month not counting and live games.

    Sure, but you're entirely too busy watching Murder, She Wrote and Matlock re-runs. Not to mention your McCloud dvd collection.

    Pay no attention to this guy, professor_g. He's asleep far more often than he's awake.

    Beanpot

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @beanpot said:

    Sure, but you're entirely too busy watching Murder, She Wrote and Matlock re-runs. Not to mention your McCloud dvd collection.

    Pay no attention to this guy, professor_g. He's asleep far more often than he's awake.

    Beanpot

    I will agree with Solan that some of the combine stuff is good and pre draft stuff is good, but it does get a little redundant watching one sweaty guy after another run around in shorts. Too bad they don't give Cowboy cheerleader tryouts even 1/4 the coverage.

    And, how many times can you actually watch football follies??

    I wish the NFL net took a cue from MLB net and showed classic games....now that would be worth a look.

    And for the record, McCloud was a terrible show. McMillian and Wife was far better. 😁

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #16

    but Matlok was friggin sweet.

    and Angela Lansbury didn't mess around.

  • but Matlok was friggin sweet.

    and Angela Lansbury didn't mess around.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dj_illness said:

    but Matlok was friggin sweet.

    and Angela Lansbury didn't mess around.

    I liked both of those shows..

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    It's good to have especially in the off-season but the commentary on the Thursday night games is horrible and the audio on that channel is 6 billion dB higher than any other. I don't know if anyone else noticed but their audio during the live telecast of Thursday night games is not quite synced.