Qb Comparison against the same team
-
I will give quinn a good review in the fact that he managed the game well and did not do anything stupid that would've stopped us from winning.
Q) do we have anyone that can catch a football on this team?
I will give quinn a good review in the fact that he managed the game well and did not do anything stupid that would've stopped us from winning.
Q) do we have anyone that can catch a football on this team?
this is odd "managing" I could see but his completion rating was 31% for 90 yards. That's not managing that's poor performance When you only convert 2 first downs and get bailed out by long cribbs runs that's not "managing"
if he converted 1st downs and completed 60%+ of the 1st down conversions than yes HE would be "managing" the game
cribbs and the defense managed the game
da is a better qb for the offense the comparative stats are what they are they don't have a opinion
-
I will give quinn a good review in the fact that he managed the game well and did not do anything stupid that would've stopped us from winning.
Q) do we have anyone that can catch a football on this team?
this is odd "managing" I could see but his completion rating was 31% for 90 yards. That's not managing that's poor performance When you only convert 2 first downs and get bailed out by long cribbs runs that's not "managing"
if he converted 1st downs and completed 60%+ of the 1st down conversions than yes HE would be "managing" the game
cribbs and the defense managed the game
da is a better qb for the offense the comparative stats are what they are they don't have a opinion
this is odd "managing" I could see but his completion rating was 31% for 90 yards. That's not managing that's poor performance When you only convert 2 first downs and get bailed out by long cribbs runs that's not "managing"
if he converted 1st downs and completed 60%+ of the 1st down conversions than yes HE would be "managing" the game
cribbs and the defense managed the game
da is a better qb for the offense the comparative stats are what they are they don't have a opinion
I kept avoiding this stupid post since it has been resurrected, but somehow, I was stupid enough to get sucked in. Please....you DA supporters....if you have any way to go back and re watch his last 3 games, do it. Then, see if you are able to come back and post this crap. He sucks....being a former DA fan....it's hard to admit it, but Quinn is head and shoulders above DA in qb skills, and natural talent. I love DA's arm strength, but he's not able to make the decisions to evolve. Maybe, with the right coaching he can become a productive qb.....like they did with Testeverde....but at this point, he sucks. This is not to say that Quinn is Joe Montana, but he is still learning, and improving. I like DA, and hope he does well somewhere else...I just would prefer that they cut him from the team, now.
-
I will give quinn a good review in the fact that he managed the game well and did not do anything stupid that would've stopped us from winning.
Q) do we have anyone that can catch a football on this team?
-
this is odd "managing" I could see but his completion rating was 31% for 90 yards. That's not managing that's poor performance When you only convert 2 first downs and get bailed out by long cribbs runs that's not "managing"
if he converted 1st downs and completed 60%+ of the 1st down conversions than yes HE would be "managing" the game
cribbs and the defense managed the game
da is a better qb for the offense the comparative stats are what they are they don't have a opinion
I kept avoiding this stupid post since it has been resurrected, but somehow, I was stupid enough to get sucked in. Please....you DA supporters....if you have any way to go back and re watch his last 3 games, do it. Then, see if you are able to come back and post this crap. He sucks....being a former DA fan....it's hard to admit it, but Quinn is head and shoulders above DA in qb skills, and natural talent. I love DA's arm strength, but he's not able to make the decisions to evolve. Maybe, with the right coaching he can become a productive qb.....like they did with Testeverde....but at this point, he sucks. This is not to say that Quinn is Joe Montana, but he is still learning, and improving. I like DA, and hope he does well somewhere else...I just would prefer that they cut him from the team, now.
I kept avoiding this stupid post since it has been resurrected, but somehow, I was stupid enough to get sucked in. Please....you DA supporters....if you have any way to go back and re watch his last 3 games, do it. Then, see if you are able to come back and post this crap. He sucks....being a former DA fan....it's hard to admit it, but Quinn is head and shoulders above DA in qb skills, and natural talent. I love DA's arm strength, but he's not able to make the decisions to evolve. Maybe, with the right coaching he can become a productive qb.....like they did with Testeverde....but at this point, he sucks. This is not to say that Quinn is Joe Montana, but he is still learning, and improving. I like DA, and hope he does well somewhere else...I just would prefer that they cut him from the team, now.
I see make a grandiose statement, but totally disregard statistical facts. I like how things are "stupid" when you start a post based upon statistical comparisons not opinion..... sure I could see if you wanted to argue about sample variables.... if you want I can define that for you...... But no its "stupid"......
Here let me help you.... the comparable sample variables that were NOT taken into consideration are ; WEATHER..... Different skill players.....opposing teams injuries....... Stadium locations..... total time of qb to skill player saturation in practices.....
these variables MIGHT affect the statistical variances in performances that were used as metrics of comparisons..... I suppose if we take wind direction and air density those could have had effects on rotation of the ball increasing or decreasing accuracy..... Wait you could even claimed the air temperature had an effect on fluid dynamics within Brady quinn thereby making his muscles working harder to contract to keep warm affecting his flud delivery of the ball hurting his accuracy..... Maybe it was the coreolis affect on his deep throws that was thrown off by wind gusts because of the architectures of the stadiums create odd wind patterns....
I mean seriously it is a rare oppurtunity to compare two qbs who play the exact same two teams in the same season. What was wrong by comparing the STATS side by side? Was it because it does not fit the narrative you want to tell yourself based upon nothing but your "gut" instinct and your visual analysis? sure I know its "stupid" when our team is now has a grand total of 2 wins to look at every position analytically.... Wait lets based this on jersey sales statistics...... I like the still learning and improving statement after three years and his stats have stayed a pretty constant mean average. "right" coaching is used for an excuse for Quinn but DA has had the same and of course he just sucks and the coaches were all there for him too,,,,,, learning... sure even though the relative ages are similar...
By the way I forgot BQ was "NFL" ready played in a "NFL" system touted by the Great Charlie Weis..... hmmmm where again is charlie weis? oh thats right he was fired after tanking...... leading the irish to the worst single season in history....... Sure the tumble in the draft of BQ was all a mistake and the Browns magically found a gem when 20+ franchises passed.......
His completion rate and accuracy are awesome and he is a "manager" now and does not lose...... I suppose if you want to spin it that way it makes perfect sense.... He is smart because he does not turn the ball over..... its kind of hard to turn the ball over when you throw checkdowns constantly for low completion rates... Why dont you go pimp his collegiate accolades now or his NFL stats? o wait you want to pick his last three games.... ok lets go randomly pick three games for DA...... you probably would say that was flawed but for Quinn its used as a rebuttal and a final finding.
-
Quinn vs the Bengals Anderson vs the Bengals
15 of 34 100 yards no passing tds 1 rushing td 44% completion percentage 26 of 48 269 yards 1 passing td 1 rushing td 1 interception 54% completion percentage
Team first downs 11 team first downs 22
third down efficiency 28% 4/14 third down efficiency 31% 6/19
48 yards rushing (+10 yards rushing by quinn) total net yards 395
total net yards 169 144 yards rushing (+2 yards rushing by anderson)
final score 16-7 Bengals final score 23-20 Bengals
top 21:49 top 38:55
Quinn VS the Steelers anderson vs the Steelers
6 of 19 90 yards no passing tds 31.6% completion, 2yards rushing 9 of 24 122 yards 1 passing td 1 int 37.5% comp rating -1 rushing
team first downs 12 team first downs 12
169 yards rushing (+2 from quinn) 125 yards rushing (-1 from quinn)
total net yards 255 total net yards 197
final score 13-6 Browns final score 27-14 Steelers
top 29:15 top 23:14
so both qbs blended figures vs the same team in the same season
Quinn 21 of 53 39.6% comp rating 1 passing td 1 rushing td 0 ints Anderson 35 of 72 48.6% comp rating 2 passing tds 1 rushing td 2 ints
total team first down 23 total team first downs 34
total team rushing 217 total team rushing 269
total net yards 424 total net yards 592
total offensive points 20 total offensive points 34
total top 51:04 total top 62:09
opposition total scoring 22 opposition scoring 50 (-14 turnovers) +36
quinn offensive scoring to opposing team scoring factor (-2)
Anderson "" "" """ "" "" (-16)
Anderson is + 11 total team first downs
anderson is + +52 total team rushing
Anderson is + 168 total team net yards
Anderson is + 14 in total team offensive points
Anderson is + 11:05 total team TOP
I was really looking forward to this game because it is rare to be able to compare two competing qbs against the same team in the same season against the same teams with basically the same skill players.
MY findings (opinion) is that IF we have a good defensive team I would rather have Quinn at qb who is weaker at leading the team offensively but does not throw the ints as much as DA.
However DA is definately a better offensive leader and the team does better offensively with him and will score more, so IF the defense is lacking I would rather much have DA at qb.
I think next year we will definately get better with higher quality defensive players being added and probably more skill players. I would rather have Quinn at the helm because I think IF we get better skill players while he may never be a good offensive threat he will make less mistakes and we rely on defense and our rushing attack.
However IF his offensive numbers keep consistent with his trends this year than DA is a much better option even with his mistakes offensively.
DA will be gone after the season. Quinn is in for the long term.
DA will be gone after the season. Quinn is in for the long term.
I just want to remind you that it was 16 degrees with 40 mph gusts. Plus they didn't let quinn get in a rhythm which he is definably a rhythm style quarterback
-
I kept avoiding this stupid post since it has been resurrected, but somehow, I was stupid enough to get sucked in. Please....you DA supporters....if you have any way to go back and re watch his last 3 games, do it. Then, see if you are able to come back and post this crap. He sucks....being a former DA fan....it's hard to admit it, but Quinn is head and shoulders above DA in qb skills, and natural talent. I love DA's arm strength, but he's not able to make the decisions to evolve. Maybe, with the right coaching he can become a productive qb.....like they did with Testeverde....but at this point, he sucks. This is not to say that Quinn is Joe Montana, but he is still learning, and improving. I like DA, and hope he does well somewhere else...I just would prefer that they cut him from the team, now.
I see make a grandiose statement, but totally disregard statistical facts. I like how things are "stupid" when you start a post based upon statistical comparisons not opinion..... sure I could see if you wanted to argue about sample variables.... if you want I can define that for you...... But no its "stupid"......
Here let me help you.... the comparable sample variables that were NOT taken into consideration are ; WEATHER..... Different skill players.....opposing teams injuries....... Stadium locations..... total time of qb to skill player saturation in practices.....
these variables MIGHT affect the statistical variances in performances that were used as metrics of comparisons..... I suppose if we take wind direction and air density those could have had effects on rotation of the ball increasing or decreasing accuracy..... Wait you could even claimed the air temperature had an effect on fluid dynamics within Brady quinn thereby making his muscles working harder to contract to keep warm affecting his flud delivery of the ball hurting his accuracy..... Maybe it was the coreolis affect on his deep throws that was thrown off by wind gusts because of the architectures of the stadiums create odd wind patterns....
I mean seriously it is a rare oppurtunity to compare two qbs who play the exact same two teams in the same season. What was wrong by comparing the STATS side by side? Was it because it does not fit the narrative you want to tell yourself based upon nothing but your "gut" instinct and your visual analysis? sure I know its "stupid" when our team is now has a grand total of 2 wins to look at every position analytically.... Wait lets based this on jersey sales statistics...... I like the still learning and improving statement after three years and his stats have stayed a pretty constant mean average. "right" coaching is used for an excuse for Quinn but DA has had the same and of course he just sucks and the coaches were all there for him too,,,,,, learning... sure even though the relative ages are similar...
By the way I forgot BQ was "NFL" ready played in a "NFL" system touted by the Great Charlie Weis..... hmmmm where again is charlie weis? oh thats right he was fired after tanking...... leading the irish to the worst single season in history....... Sure the tumble in the draft of BQ was all a mistake and the Browns magically found a gem when 20+ franchises passed.......
His completion rate and accuracy are awesome and he is a "manager" now and does not lose...... I suppose if you want to spin it that way it makes perfect sense.... He is smart because he does not turn the ball over..... its kind of hard to turn the ball over when you throw checkdowns constantly for low completion rates... Why dont you go pimp his collegiate accolades now or his NFL stats? o wait you want to pick his last three games.... ok lets go randomly pick three games for DA...... you probably would say that was flawed but for Quinn its used as a rebuttal and a final finding.
I see make a grandiose statement, but totally disregard statistical facts. I like how things are "stupid" when you start a post based upon statistical comparisons not opinion..... sure I could see if you wanted to argue about sample variables.... if you want I can define that for you...... But no its "stupid"......
Here let me help you.... the comparable sample variables that were NOT taken into consideration are ; WEATHER..... Different skill players.....opposing teams injuries....... Stadium locations..... total time of qb to skill player saturation in practices.....
these variables MIGHT affect the statistical variances in performances that were used as metrics of comparisons..... I suppose if we take wind direction and air density those could have had effects on rotation of the ball increasing or decreasing accuracy..... Wait you could even claimed the air temperature had an effect on fluid dynamics within Brady quinn thereby making his muscles working harder to contract to keep warm affecting his flud delivery of the ball hurting his accuracy..... Maybe it was the coreolis affect on his deep throws that was thrown off by wind gusts because of the architectures of the stadiums create odd wind patterns....
I mean seriously it is a rare oppurtunity to compare two qbs who play the exact same two teams in the same season. What was wrong by comparing the STATS side by side? Was it because it does not fit the narrative you want to tell yourself based upon nothing but your "gut" instinct and your visual analysis? sure I know its "stupid" when our team is now has a grand total of 2 wins to look at every position analytically.... Wait lets based this on jersey sales statistics...... I like the still learning and improving statement after three years and his stats have stayed a pretty constant mean average. "right" coaching is used for an excuse for Quinn but DA has had the same and of course he just sucks and the coaches were all there for him too,,,,,, learning... sure even though the relative ages are similar...
By the way I forgot BQ was "NFL" ready played in a "NFL" system touted by the Great Charlie Weis..... hmmmm where again is charlie weis? oh thats right he was fired after tanking...... leading the irish to the worst single season in history....... Sure the tumble in the draft of BQ was all a mistake and the Browns magically found a gem when 20+ franchises passed.......
His completion rate and accuracy are awesome and he is a "manager" now and does not lose...... I suppose if you want to spin it that way it makes perfect sense.... He is smart because he does not turn the ball over..... its kind of hard to turn the ball over when you throw checkdowns constantly for low completion rates... Why dont you go pimp his collegiate accolades now or his NFL stats? o wait you want to pick his last three games.... ok lets go randomly pick three games for DA...... you probably would say that was flawed but for Quinn its used as a rebuttal and a final finding.
Heres a stat for you.
Quinn 7 passing tds... Anderson 2...
-
^ Don't forget total passing TDs: Quinn 8, Anderson 2
Total TDs: Quinn 9, Anderson 4
Total TOs: Quinn 8, Anderson 12
And every other stat.
-
wow..... and the variables vs the comparison similarities..... really lets just pick some random sample games with little to no similarity and throw that out there....
Let me guess neither of you ever took a statistics course or ever picked up a elementary school book explaining the law of averages or the scientific theory.....
every other stat.... ok..... lmao
-
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
-
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
Oh, totally get the point of using games with the same teams as only valid stats.
Like for example the steelers. In their first two games against Cle and Cin the played this guy Named Ben Rothlisberger and he went
comp pass TD Int sck
Cle 23 35 66% 2 1 3
Cin 22 31 71% 1 1 1
TOT 45 66 68% 3 2 4
To bad for them they had to use a guy called Ben Rothlisberger for the last two meetings with the same teams, the new guy went.
comp pass TD Int sck
Cin 20 40 50% 0 1 4
Cle 18 32 56% 0 0 8
TOT 38 72 53% 0 1 12
This is all very statistically significant and the steelers should definately use the other guy instead of the one who played on monday.
All this is off cause obvious to everybody that has statistical knowledge, which we all know includes reading Brahmagupta and Cardano
Ps, Im sorry if my first post is a little rude
-
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
Oh, totally get the point of using games with the same teams as only valid stats.
Like for example the steelers. In their first two games against Cle and Cin the played this guy Named Ben Rothlisberger and he went
comp pass TD Int sck
Cle 23 35 66% 2 1 3
Cin 22 31 71% 1 1 1
TOT 45 66 68% 3 2 4
To bad for them they had to use a guy called Ben Rothlisberger for the last two meetings with the same teams, the new guy went.
comp pass TD Int sck
Cin 20 40 50% 0 1 4
Cle 18 32 56% 0 0 8
TOT 38 72 53% 0 1 12
This is all very statistically significant and the steelers should definately use the other guy instead of the one who played on monday.
All this is off cause obvious to everybody that has statistical knowledge, which we all know includes reading Brahmagupta and Cardano
Ps, Im sorry if my first post is a little rude
Oh, totally get the point of using games with the same teams as only valid stats.
Like for example the steelers. In their first two games against Cle and Cin the played this guy Named Ben Rothlisberger and he went
comp pass TD Int sck
Cle 23 35 66% 2 1 3
Cin 22 31 71% 1 1 1
TOT 45 66 68% 3 2 4
To bad for them they had to use a guy called Ben Rothlisberger for the last two meetings with the same teams, the new guy went.
comp pass TD Int sck
Cin 20 40 50% 0 1 4
Cle 18 32 56% 0 0 8
38 72 53% 0 1 12
This is all very statistically significant and the steelers should definately use the other guy instead of the one who played on monday.
All this is off cause obvious to everybody that has statistical knowledge, which we all know includes reading Brahmagupta and Cardano
Ps, Im sorry if my first post is a little rude
wow that was so mind blowing I just cant get over it... lol it was a nice attempt.... ok I will go slow for you (ps im sorry the post is a little rude)
1 you only used 1 adverserial game as a comparison sample.... which is not enough....... (should have read the very first post)
2 You have a consistent data existing with Ben with simiilar systems and skill players........ um something we dont have with either qb
3 your data was so sparse and you did not blend the data between your samples because well you only chose one sample so you could not
4 if you looked at the factors and cross compared that to the total amount of data from both qbs over the last 2 years the findings from these 4 games only confirm overall trends with both of these guys....
I am glad this is your first post because you may have had a "gut" reaction to what you theoretically thought was a witty response.... otherwise known as a fail but nice try.
-
Oh, totally get the point of using games with the same teams as only valid stats.
Like for example the steelers. In their first two games against Cle and Cin the played this guy Named Ben Rothlisberger and he went
comp pass TD Int sck
Cle 23 35 66% 2 1 3
Cin 22 31 71% 1 1 1
TOT 45 66 68% 3 2 4
To bad for them they had to use a guy called Ben Rothlisberger for the last two meetings with the same teams, the new guy went.
comp pass TD Int sck
Cin 20 40 50% 0 1 4
Cle 18 32 56% 0 0 8
38 72 53% 0 1 12
This is all very statistically significant and the steelers should definately use the other guy instead of the one who played on monday.
All this is off cause obvious to everybody that has statistical knowledge, which we all know includes reading Brahmagupta and Cardano
Ps, Im sorry if my first post is a little rude
wow that was so mind blowing I just cant get over it... lol it was a nice attempt.... ok I will go slow for you (ps im sorry the post is a little rude)
1 you only used 1 adverserial game as a comparison sample.... which is not enough....... (should have read the very first post)
2 You have a consistent data existing with Ben with simiilar systems and skill players........ um something we dont have with either qb
3 your data was so sparse and you did not blend the data between your samples because well you only chose one sample so you could not
4 if you looked at the factors and cross compared that to the total amount of data from both qbs over the last 2 years the findings from these 4 games only confirm overall trends with both of these guys....
I am glad this is your first post because you may have had a "gut" reaction to what you theoretically thought was a witty response.... otherwise known as a fail but nice try.
[/color]
1 you only used 1 adverserial game as a comparison sample.... which is not enough....... (should have read the very first post)
2 You have a consistent data existing with Ben with simiilar systems and skill players........ um something we dont have with either qb
3 your data was so sparse and you did not blend the data between your samples because well you only chose one sample so you could not
4 if you looked at the factors and cross compared that to the total amount of data from both qbs over the last 2 years the findings from these 4 games only confirm overall trends with both of these guys....
1,2,3 Beware of Sarcasm (I've read the first post and do know the data is insufficient, hence my referal to the readings)
4. both guys? Meaning Both Bens or Anderson Vs. Quinn?
-
[/color]
1 you only used 1 adverserial game as a comparison sample.... which is not enough....... (should have read the very first post)
2 You have a consistent data existing with Ben with simiilar systems and skill players........ um something we dont have with either qb
3 your data was so sparse and you did not blend the data between your samples because well you only chose one sample so you could not
4 if you looked at the factors and cross compared that to the total amount of data from both qbs over the last 2 years the findings from these 4 games only confirm overall trends with both of these guys....
1,2,3 Beware of Sarcasm (I've read the first post and do know the data is insufficient, hence my referal to the readings)
4. both guys? Meaning Both Bens or Anderson Vs. Quinn?
1,2,3 Beware of Sarcasm (I've read the first post and do know the data is insufficient, hence my referal to the readings)
4. both guys? Meaning Both Bens or Anderson Vs. Quinn?
beware the sarcasm.... lol seriously?
I see this could stretch so lets just cut this and move on. This was a singular season example looking to see if anderson vs quinn in the same season against the same 2 opponents on how they would individually perform as well as the team offense.
Quinn was on the losing end in virtually every category save one.. turn over that may have led to points which is quite relevant and only reinforces the belief that DA turns over the ball which hurts us possibly more than the net gain that he obviously brings to our offense.
the summation is that while DA is virtually in every relevant category better for the offensive team he hurts the the franchise more because of the turnovers that could lead to points. In the current state it really does not matter because we are losing by more than 2 scores per game however in low scoring tight games Quinn is the better choice.
this being the NFL you have to be able to consistently hold on to the ball and convert 3rd downs in order to give you defense breathers... something that the stats say Quinn does not do and that DA does do better. IF we had a Great defense who consistently could hold opponents to sub 14 points/game Quinn is definately the guy because of the turnover factor. That is not the case now nor probably the next year or two so really DA is the better guy statistically for the team.
At this time it does not matter and Quinn should stay in for the duration to see if his chemistry and confidence lead him to be a chad pennington type which is better than what he is now. I dont see it and quite frankly never have so I doubt he will get better because I believe he lacks the arm strength and accuracy it takes to be a consistent NFL starter. His overall statistics are very poor and show a major tendency to hit checkdowns (which is obviously why he has a lower turnover rate) and his accuracy to be quite bad. We will see how he does over the next few games and I dont think he is the shoe in starter for next year and one of these guys will be traded.
IF I had to bet I would think that Quinn has better trade value because of his contract than DA..... IF he does not significantly improve I could see a mid round draft pick qb and a free agent to be brought in while we draft high for skill players and defense.
-
1,2,3 Beware of Sarcasm (I've read the first post and do know the data is insufficient, hence my referal to the readings)
4. both guys? Meaning Both Bens or Anderson Vs. Quinn?
beware the sarcasm.... lol seriously?
I see this could stretch so lets just cut this and move on. This was a singular season example looking to see if anderson vs quinn in the same season against the same 2 opponents on how they would individually perform as well as the team offense.
Quinn was on the losing end in virtually every category save one.. turn over that may have led to points which is quite relevant and only reinforces the belief that DA turns over the ball which hurts us possibly more than the net gain that he obviously brings to our offense.
the summation is that while DA is virtually in every relevant category better for the offensive team he hurts the the franchise more because of the turnovers that could lead to points. In the current state it really does not matter because we are losing by more than 2 scores per game however in low scoring tight games Quinn is the better choice.
this being the NFL you have to be able to consistently hold on to the ball and convert 3rd downs in order to give you defense breathers... something that the stats say Quinn does not do and that DA does do better. IF we had a Great defense who consistently could hold opponents to sub 14 points/game Quinn is definately the guy because of the turnover factor. That is not the case now nor probably the next year or two so really DA is the better guy statistically for the team.
At this time it does not matter and Quinn should stay in for the duration to see if his chemistry and confidence lead him to be a chad pennington type which is better than what he is now. I dont see it and quite frankly never have so I doubt he will get better because I believe he lacks the arm strength and accuracy it takes to be a consistent NFL starter. His overall statistics are very poor and show a major tendency to hit checkdowns (which is obviously why he has a lower turnover rate) and his accuracy to be quite bad. We will see how he does over the next few games and I dont think he is the shoe in starter for next year and one of these guys will be traded.
IF I had to bet I would think that Quinn has better trade value because of his contract than DA..... IF he does not significantly improve I could see a mid round draft pick qb and a free agent to be brought in while we draft high for skill players and defense.
IF I had to bet I would think that Quinn has better trade value because of his contract than DA..... IF he does not significantly improve I could see a mid round draft pick qb and a free agent to be brought in while we draft high for skill players and defense.
I think we've all seen enough of DA to firmly understand what he brings or doesn't bring. He's had enough auditions to clearly demonstrate not capable of growth from experience.
Now it's Quinn's turn to sink or swim. Sometimes he swims - sometimes he needs a lifeguard. That's poretty much the path of most YOUNG Qbs taking over the starting jobs on franchises in transition. I saw enough in the Lions game to think there could be something there if we could give Quinn the same type of RECEIVER at TE that DA had in 2007. I thought the Quinn and Evan Moore connection worked well vrs San Diego's well respected defense.
Troy Aikman said it took him 3 years of starts to get comfortable enough to become the player the franchise had hoped he's become. He said having Jay Novacek was vital to his growth and progress. Hence, can we all at least understand the difference between Robert Royal and Evan Moore? Any team going through struggles at QB need to have that go-to guy or TE. Remember Drew brees BEFORE he had access to Antonio Gates? Didn't the Chargers determine they needed to draft a QB at the top of round 1? Truth is - I'm still learning about Quinn but I'd like to see enough decent variables around him to make an accurate assessment of his performance. I'm starting to see that with less carelessness, less sacks and less turnovers while I'm awaiting a little more accuracy. Sometimes his bad throws are the product of young receivers going inside when they need to be going outside or vice-versa. Others, he just needs to be more accurate.
- Tom F. (Poor Lummy never understood you couldn't beat Pittsburgh being careless at QB. You just can't start a guy that wants to play Santa Claus to their Defense or events like Thursday Night aren't possible)
-
So far against common opponents, Quinn's stats don't hold up well against DA's, and that's even after the fact that the rest of the offensive unit is starting to show improvement.
But that's neither here nor there. The coaches are using Quinn for now. Fine by me. If they trade him or DA this spring, bring in a journeyman and keep one of the two to compete with that guy that's fine by me. If they dump both of them fine by me. If they keep both of them and have another QB competition next fall, fine by me. QB is the least of our worries, at least the rest of the team is showing some improvement finally.
An aside.... funny how wind is suddenly an excuse for Quinn, when it wasn't accepted as an excuse for DA by so many on this board.
-
IF I had to bet I would think that Quinn has better trade value because of his contract than DA..... IF he does not significantly improve I could see a mid round draft pick qb and a free agent to be brought in while we draft high for skill players and defense.
I think we've all seen enough of DA to firmly understand what he brings or doesn't bring. He's had enough auditions to clearly demonstrate not capable of growth from experience.
Now it's Quinn's turn to sink or swim. Sometimes he swims - sometimes he needs a lifeguard. That's poretty much the path of most YOUNG Qbs taking over the starting jobs on franchises in transition. I saw enough in the Lions game to think there could be something there if we could give Quinn the same type of RECEIVER at TE that DA had in 2007. I thought the Quinn and Evan Moore connection worked well vrs San Diego's well respected defense.
Troy Aikman said it took him 3 years of starts to get comfortable enough to become the player the franchise had hoped he's become. He said having Jay Novacek was vital to his growth and progress. Hence, can we all at least understand the difference between Robert Royal and Evan Moore? Any team going through struggles at QB need to have that go-to guy or TE. Remember Drew brees BEFORE he had access to Antonio Gates? Didn't the Chargers determine they needed to draft a QB at the top of round 1? Truth is - I'm still learning about Quinn but I'd like to see enough decent variables around him to make an accurate assessment of his performance. I'm starting to see that with less carelessness, less sacks and less turnovers while I'm awaiting a little more accuracy. Sometimes his bad throws are the product of young receivers going inside when they need to be going outside or vice-versa. Others, he just needs to be more accurate.
- Tom F. (Poor Lummy never understood you couldn't beat Pittsburgh being careless at QB. You just can't start a guy that wants to play Santa Claus to their Defense or events like Thursday Night aren't possible)
I think we've all seen enough of DA to firmly understand what he brings or doesn't bring. He's had enough auditions to clearly demonstrate not capable of growth from experience.
Now it's Quinn's turn to sink or swim. Sometimes he swims - sometimes he needs a lifeguard. That's poretty much the path of most YOUNG Qbs taking over the starting jobs on franchises in transition. I saw enough in the Lions game to think there could be something there if we could give Quinn the same type of RECEIVER at TE that DA had in 2007. I thought the Quinn and Evan Moore connection worked well vrs San Diego's well respected defense.
Troy Aikman said it took him 3 years of starts to get comfortable enough to become the player the franchise had hoped he's become. He said having Jay Novacek was vital to his growth and progress. Hence, can we all at least understand the difference between Robert Royal and Evan Moore? Any team going through struggles at QB need to have that go-to guy or TE. Remember Drew brees BEFORE he had access to Antonio Gates? Didn't the Chargers determine they needed to draft a QB at the top of round 1? Truth is - I'm still learning about Quinn but I'd like to see enough decent variables around him to make an accurate assessment of his performance. I'm starting to see that with less carelessness, less sacks and less turnovers while I'm awaiting a little more accuracy. Sometimes his bad throws are the product of young receivers going inside when they need to be going outside or vice-versa. Others, he just needs to be more accurate.
- Tom F. (Poor Lummy never understood you couldn't beat Pittsburgh being careless at QB. You just can't start a guy that wants to play Santa Claus to their Defense or events like Thursday Night aren't possible)
flug all of those same exact things could be said for DA who actually has shown BETTER glimpses more consistently than quinn of offensive potential. Fans who have bought Jersey's are done with DA before he even started..... The statistics show that Quinn is NOT better than DA in fact DA is better in almost every category...... Quinn has a few more auditions we will see if he gets better....... I doubt it because his flaw of arm strength and accuracy..... so far that has been EXACTLY the statistical trends. You could cherry pick last years game against the Giants game for DA or 07 cinci game.... Quinn has had very little positives and quite frankly 70% terrible production.
this position with quinn is so far from settled and I doubt that it is a foregone conclusion (as much as BQ fans portend) that DA is gone. I gaurantee that the staff will compare the same exact 4 games in the offseason that I just did and the findings show that quinn is a lesser talent. which also does not say much for DA
-
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
I'm not sure whether you're disagreeing with me, but I think you are. And you seem to be suggesting that citing two games, played against the same organization, show definitively that DA is a better QB than BQ.
Unfortunately, throughout the season, both have put together a respectable sample size of games and pass attempts. And Quinn has outperformed him. I have the drive-by-drive statistics for this season if you want to look at them. That would be fun. Then you can give me a lesson in statistics. That would also be fun.
-
I honestly can't believe this argument is going on. Statistically, who gives a ratxxxx which quarterback did better. The chemisty has been better with Quinn in this season, and we can't afford to keep flip-flopping. Quinn turns the ball over less than DA, and to tell you the truth, it's a lot better watching Quinn play than DA. I'm tired of seeing him flounder about in the pocket, and I'm definitely tired of seeing interceptions. I like the guy, I really want him to do well, but I just don't see that happening in Cleveland. You want to argue about stats? Here's a stat:
Derek Anderson
0-5 vs. Pittsburgh
Brady Quinn
1-0 vs. Pittsburgh
There's a stat. You can spin it any way you want, but the fact is Brady Quinn did something DA hasn't been able to do. I honestly think that you people are arguing just to argue. Quinn is far from perfect, and he still makes me cringe. But he's getting better, it shows. More importantly, the team is getting better with him under center. He's learning the receivers, the receivers are learning him. We throw another QB in the mix, and we're just xxxxing everything up. Sure, he's no Peyton Manning, he's no Drew Brees, he's no Brett Favre, he's no Tom Brady. But there are 32 teams in the league, and most of them get along pretty well without a superstar QB. He's keeping the ball safe, and that's the first step to success. We're not good enough to give our opponents extra chances. Eliminating those turnoves has been keeping us in games as of late. So why is there still an argument?
-
40 mph winds..... and now he needs rhythm and thats his "style" the only style in the NFL he has is that of low arm strength poor accuracy, tendancy to check down.... stated by almost every announcer or analyst either on the NFL network or ESPN not too mention his pro scouting reports and proven by his low total yards, low td totals, average yds per catch, and the defensive schemes after his firts game vs denver.....
You really want to compare total tds with DA or well anything? win loss, yards per catch? tell you what www.NFL.com yea there are these pages with numbers...... game by game analysis and indepth per drive information of every game that BQ or DA played in..... you should really read or do some statistical research....
Or you can cherry pick a couple of games and GO gotcha.... burn! or whatever you are hi fiving yourself over your apparent genius..... lmao.
I'm not sure whether you're disagreeing with me, but I think you are. And you seem to be suggesting that citing two games, played against the same organization, show definitively that DA is a better QB than BQ.
Unfortunately, throughout the season, both have put together a respectable sample size of games and pass attempts. And Quinn has outperformed him. I have the drive-by-drive statistics for this season if you want to look at them. That would be fun. Then you can give me a lesson in statistics. That would also be fun.
I'm not sure whether you're disagreeing with me, but I think you are. And you seem to be suggesting that citing two games, played against the same organization, show definitively that DA is a better QB than BQ.
Unfortunately, throughout the season, both have put together a respectable sample size of games and pass attempts. And Quinn has outperformed him. I have the drive-by-drive statistics for this season if you want to look at them. That would be fun. Then you can give me a lesson in statistics. That would also be fun.
wow you have the drive by drive statistics for this season.....
tell you what why dont you put up all of his stats from all of his starts and than post the average mean for yds per catch, completion percentages, passing yds per game, tds, ints and also post the mean averages for total offensive production for rushing along with win loss for the team
Than you can do the same for anderson to compare the mean averages for total combined starts and compare total samples...
because from your response i assume you took some statistics courses so post the mean averages and we can go from there since you said you have the drive by drive statistics....
-
Season Totals:
Drives: Quinn 85, Anderson 69
Plays: Quinn 466, Anderson 329
Time of Possession: Quinn 12533 seconds, Anderson 9208 seconds
Yards: Quinn 2034, Anderson 1318
Plays per Possession: Quinn 5.5, Anderson 4.8
Yards per Possession: Quinn 23.9, Anderson 19.1
Time per Possession: Quinn 147 seconds, Anderson 133 seconds
% of drives ending in FGA: Quinn 11.8%, Anderson 8.7%
% of drives ending in TD: Quinn 11.8%, Anderson 5.8%
% of drives ending in INT: Quinn 5.9%, Anderson 14.5%
% of drives ending in Fumble: Quinn 4.7%, Anderson 10.1%
% of drives ending in Downs: Quinn 2.4%, Anderson 2.9%
% of drives ending due to Time: Quinn 7.1%, Anderson 10.1%
% of drives ending in Punt: Quinn 55.3%, Anderson 47.8%
Points Generated (7 per TD drive, 3 per FG drive): Quinn 100, Anderson 46
Points Per Drive (using above numbers): Quinn 1.2, Anderson 0.7
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login