Skip to content

Why are we not playing Maiava, again?

The Browns Board
9 8 1.0k
  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Did the rook get in against the Bengals at all? I was watching the game at an establishment without sound. Is Maiva injured or something?

    I know that with the addition of Roth, that Trusnik moved inside and replaced Maiava as a starter. I would have thought we would have rotated Wimbley out of there, Trusnik over in his place and Maiava reps in the center.

    Along this same line, I feel better about some of these guys Mangini has plugged in here at LB than I have in recent years. I like Maiava, really like Trusnik and could be a big Roth fan if I knew he was staying (he's a FA at seasons end). I like Barton (IR) too.

  • D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by DeadWombat
    #2

    I would also like to know why a guy who was cut from Green Bay's practice squad is playing over Robiski.

    But hey, maybe Maiava and Robo enjoy playing patty cake on the bench while we send out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to play for them. 🤔

  • I would also like to know why a guy who was cut from Green Bay's practice squad is playing over Robiski.

    But hey, maybe Maiava and Robo enjoy playing patty cake on the bench while we send out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to play for them. 🤔

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @deadwombat said:

    I would also like to know why a guy who was cut from Green Bay's practice squad is playing over Robiski.

    But hey, maybe Maiava and Robo enjoy playing patty cake on the bench while we send out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to play for them. 🤔

    I saw him in a time or two....looks pretty atheistic.

    Maybe they have seen enough of Robiskie at this point and want to see what this guy has.

  • I would also like to know why a guy who was cut from Green Bay's practice squad is playing over Robiski.

    But hey, maybe Maiava and Robo enjoy playing patty cake on the bench while we send out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to play for them. 🤔

    FitzhumeF Fitzhume wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @deadwombat said:

    I would also like to know why a guy who was cut from Green Bay's practice squad is playing over Robiski.

    But hey, maybe Maiava and Robo enjoy playing patty cake on the bench while we send out our 2nd and 3rd stringers to play for them. 🤔

    Ya I'm with you here Wombat. We really haven't seen anything from Robiski yet but it is a bit weird that he's not there or even dressing for the games. I may be wrong about that but I really think with Mangini, it may have had to do with something in regards to his rules or something. I could see Mangini not dressing/or sitting someone that didn't agree with him or mouthed off. Know what I mean?

    I can't really say that it's as a result of skill alone that he's not in there.

  • Did the rook get in against the Bengals at all? I was watching the game at an establishment without sound. Is Maiva injured or something?

    I know that with the addition of Roth, that Trusnik moved inside and replaced Maiava as a starter. I would have thought we would have rotated Wimbley out of there, Trusnik over in his place and Maiava reps in the center.

    Along this same line, I feel better about some of these guys Mangini has plugged in here at LB than I have in recent years. I like Maiava, really like Trusnik and could be a big Roth fan if I knew he was staying (he's a FA at seasons end). I like Barton (IR) too.

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @atenears said:

    Did the rook get in against the Bengals at all? I was watching the game at an establishment without sound. Is Maiva injured or something?

    I know that with the addition of Roth, that Trusnik moved inside and replaced Maiava as a starter. I would have thought we would have rotated Wimbley out of there, Trusnik over in his place and Maiava reps in the center.

    Along this same line, I feel better about some of these guys Mangini has plugged in here at LB than I have in recent years. I like Maiava, really like Trusnik and could be a big Roth fan if I knew he was staying (he's a FA at seasons end). I like Barton (IR) too.

    Same question for Francies? This playing time could be valuable in his development. Is he hurt?

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I bring up Maiava and not the other youngsters because Maiava was contributing and seemed to be getting better with more playing time. The guy has great tackling skills on a team that lacks such. I'm a little disappointed he isn't making plays at the line and would grill D'Q for such tackles 6+ yards down field, but as a Rook, when he puts his hands on a ball carrier they seem to go down right then and there. I like Maiava's cover skills too, he appears to be in the right place and with decent coverage.

    I guess I feel better with what Mangini wants or looks for in a LB than I do with any other coach we've had in here this decade. They still aren't producing, but I see better things in them.

    .... If we could only find that guy who can meet a ball carrier in the hole and drop him for a loss, or blow the shit out of plays. You know what? That is what I want for Christmas ... I'm asking Santa.

  • A Alo wrote on last edited by Alo
    #7

    Maiava struggled against the Lions. I'm not surprised that his role was curtailed after that game, especially when the Bengals have a better OL & running game.

    Trusnik didn't do a great job shedding blocks, but at least he's big enough to take them on.

  • I bring up Maiava and not the other youngsters because Maiava was contributing and seemed to be getting better with more playing time. The guy has great tackling skills on a team that lacks such. I'm a little disappointed he isn't making plays at the line and would grill D'Q for such tackles 6+ yards down field, but as a Rook, when he puts his hands on a ball carrier they seem to go down right then and there. I like Maiava's cover skills too, he appears to be in the right place and with decent coverage.

    I guess I feel better with what Mangini wants or looks for in a LB than I do with any other coach we've had in here this decade. They still aren't producing, but I see better things in them.

    .... If we could only find that guy who can meet a ball carrier in the hole and drop him for a loss, or blow the shit out of plays. You know what? That is what I want for Christmas ... I'm asking Santa.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @atenears said:

    I bring up Maiava and not the other youngsters because Maiava was contributing and seemed to be getting better with more playing time. The guy has great tackling skills on a team that lacks such. I'm a little disappointed he isn't making plays at the line and would grill D'Q for such tackles 6+ yards down field, but as a Rook, when he puts his hands on a ball carrier they seem to go down right then and there. I like Maiava's cover skills too, he appears to be in the right place and with decent coverage.

    I guess I feel better with what Mangini wants or looks for in a LB than I do with any other coach we've had in here this decade. They still aren't producing, but I see better things in them.

    .... If we could only find that guy who can meet a ball carrier in the hole and drop him for a loss, or blow the shit out of plays. You know what? That is what I want for Christmas ... I'm asking Santa.

    Yes Stan we're going nowhere until we fix the run D- hard to believe there's NFL teams that are actually worse than us in that category- with Rodgers out, I'd expect us to rapidly sink to the bottom in that stat. The Bengals didn't even have to try and pass.

    We're in a statistical dead heat with the Lions for worst overall D- only one ypg separate us- so it's D, D, and more D in the next draft.

  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #9

    and then some Defense.