Skip to content

Robiskie

The Browns Board
38 16 3.4k
  • He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

  • He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

    And what's the problem with trying to save a little money? We weren't going to the playoffs, we're not winning the Super Bowl, so why is everybody on Mangini's case for saving $11 million dollars? If he goes out and signs a legitimate FA with that money, you'll be shitting your pants. It was a smart business decision, and you obviously don't see BQ complaining. If anybody deserves to complain, it's him, but he's keeping his opinions to hisself.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

    And what's the problem with trying to save a little money? We weren't going to the playoffs, we're not winning the Super Bowl, so why is everybody on Mangini's case for saving $11 million dollars? If he goes out and signs a legitimate FA with that money, you'll be shitting your pants. It was a smart business decision, and you obviously don't see BQ complaining. If anybody deserves to complain, it's him, but he's keeping his opinions to hisself.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And what's the problem with trying to save a little money? We weren't going to the playoffs, we're not winning the Super Bowl, so why is everybody on Mangini's case for saving $11 million dollars? If he goes out and signs a legitimate FA with that money, you'll be shitting your pants. It was a smart business decision, and you obviously don't see BQ complaining. If anybody deserves to complain, it's him, but he's keeping his opinions to hisself.

    What I'm saying is this. BQ DID NOT have the same opportunity as DA! DA absolutely sucked for a lot more than 2 1/2 games, yet Mangini left him in. I know that it was about the $$$. Everybody else thinks they both got EQUAL chances! THAT is what I'm trying to say. They DID NOT, and it was $$$$$ related. I get tired of reading all these "they both had the same chance" posts.

  • no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.

    remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?

    no.

    stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.

  • no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.

    remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?

    no.

    stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.

    @dj_illness said:

    no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.

    remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?

    no.

    stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.

    Then why don't you admit DA was a "flash in the pan" and BQ is outplaying him, and looks like he can be a good NFL QB? And you "DA is the messiah-ites" quit posting that BQ was given an equal chance. 🙄

  • touche.

  • @dj_illness said:

    no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.

    remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?

    no.

    stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.

    Then why don't you admit DA was a "flash in the pan" and BQ is outplaying him, and looks like he can be a good NFL QB? And you "DA is the messiah-ites" quit posting that BQ was given an equal chance. 🙄

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Then why don't you admit DA was a "flash in the pan" and BQ is outplaying him, and looks like he can be a good NFL QB? And you "DA is the messiah-ites" quit posting that BQ was given an equal chance. 🙄

    so 2 good games that were still loses, and this shit starts again. if youre still hung up on brandy not getting his 'fair' shot....whatever that means by your interpretation....then you have to move on like the rest of us.

    minute progress is nothing to lose your virginity over, but its something to be hopeful about. now, if he could only chalk one up in the W column, you might have something worth posting in CAPS.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    Then why don't you admit DA was a "flash in the pan" and BQ is outplaying him, and looks like he can be a good NFL QB? And you "DA is the messiah-ites" quit posting that BQ was given an equal chance. 🙄

    so 2 good games that were still loses, and this shit starts again. if youre still hung up on brandy not getting his 'fair' shot....whatever that means by your interpretation....then you have to move on like the rest of us.

    minute progress is nothing to lose your virginity over, but its something to be hopeful about. now, if he could only chalk one up in the W column, you might have something worth posting in CAPS.

    @choco said:

    so 2 good games that were still loses, and this shit starts again. if youre still hung up on brandy not getting his 'fair' shot....whatever that means by your interpretation....then you have to move on like the rest of us.

    minute progress is nothing to lose your virginity over, but its something to be hopeful about. now, if he could only chalk one up in the W column, you might have something worth posting in CAPS.

    The Browns did not lose the last two games because of Quinn- they lost because Poteat couldn't cover a guy in a wheelchair.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And what's the problem with trying to save a little money? We weren't going to the playoffs, we're not winning the Super Bowl, so why is everybody on Mangini's case for saving $11 million dollars? If he goes out and signs a legitimate FA with that money, you'll be shitting your pants. It was a smart business decision, and you obviously don't see BQ complaining. If anybody deserves to complain, it's him, but he's keeping his opinions to hisself.

    What I'm saying is this. BQ DID NOT have the same opportunity as DA! DA absolutely sucked for a lot more than 2 1/2 games, yet Mangini left him in. I know that it was about the $$$. Everybody else thinks they both got EQUAL chances! THAT is what I'm trying to say. They DID NOT, and it was $$$$$ related. I get tired of reading all these "they both had the same chance" posts.

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    What I'm saying is this. BQ DID NOT have the same opportunity as DA! DA absolutely sucked for a lot more than 2 1/2 games, yet Mangini left him in. I know that it was about the $$$. Everybody else thinks they both got EQUAL chances! THAT is what I'm trying to say. They DID NOT, and it was $$$$$ related. I get tired of reading all these "they both had the same chance" posts.

    I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.

  • @hoorta said:

    Mangini can't possibly get dumber than he is already. Quinn's 72 (and improving) qb rating and positive td\int ratio is making BQ look like an all pro compared to Andersuck. EM deserves to get fired just on his total mishandling of the qb situation alone, sitting Robo is just more fuel on the fire. That is unless his master plan is to stink so bad this year that we can land Suh.

    I didn't agree with Mangini's handling of the QBs. I DID notice that Mangini said Robiskie had to EARN himself a spot as a starter. I do like that he's setting this standard. You can't just show up and be a starter. I think the work ethic that's expected is an excellent foundation for building the kind of team we want to eventually have. Honestly, given the talent level of the players and the number of injuries, I'm impressed with what we're seeing. I'm also impressed by the fact that this team doesn't seem to give up. Given all the negative media reports and the empty seats in the stadium, it would be easy for them to whine and make excuses yet they seem to be hanging in there.

    In the pregame, I recall a report that the players are saying they don't even bother with introductions anymore when new guys show up. They just ask, "Are you passing through, or are you going to contribute and stick around?" (I'm paraphrasing) I think that statement says a great deal about 1) The expectations of the coaches and other players 2) the number of injuries and fresh faces 3) the adaptability of this team from the top down. If there are so many new faces they hardly know each other, yet they manage not to look like the Keystone Kops, I think that says something positive about the organization and the foundation that's being laid for the future.

    I'm just not convinced by the criticism of Mangini.

    @kshutchins said:

    I didn't agree with Mangini's handling of the QBs. I DID notice that Mangini said Robiskie had to EARN himself a spot as a starter. I do like that he's setting this standard. You can't just show up and be a starter. I think the work ethic that's expected is an excellent foundation for building the kind of team we want to eventually have. Honestly, given the talent level of the players and the number of injuries, I'm impressed with what we're seeing. I'm also impressed by the fact that this team doesn't seem to give up. Given all the negative media reports and the empty seats in the stadium, it would be easy for them to whine and make excuses yet they seem to be hanging in there.

    I'm just not convinced by the criticism of Mangini.

    Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.

    IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    What I'm saying is this. BQ DID NOT have the same opportunity as DA! DA absolutely sucked for a lot more than 2 1/2 games, yet Mangini left him in. I know that it was about the $$$. Everybody else thinks they both got EQUAL chances! THAT is what I'm trying to say. They DID NOT, and it was $$$$$ related. I get tired of reading all these "they both had the same chance" posts.

    I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.

    I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?

  • @kshutchins said:

    I didn't agree with Mangini's handling of the QBs. I DID notice that Mangini said Robiskie had to EARN himself a spot as a starter. I do like that he's setting this standard. You can't just show up and be a starter. I think the work ethic that's expected is an excellent foundation for building the kind of team we want to eventually have. Honestly, given the talent level of the players and the number of injuries, I'm impressed with what we're seeing. I'm also impressed by the fact that this team doesn't seem to give up. Given all the negative media reports and the empty seats in the stadium, it would be easy for them to whine and make excuses yet they seem to be hanging in there.

    I'm just not convinced by the criticism of Mangini.

    Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.

    IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.

    @hoorta said:

    Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.

    IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.

    He probably showed that he was a better all-around LB than the ones we had. Who's to say Roth didn't earn anything? Nobody said anything about the amount of time it took to earn your spot. We're hurting at the LB position; we didn't have many to begin with, and now they are all getting injured. Roth didn't have to battle his way through too many LB's to earn a spot, whereas Robo has a decent amount of people to beat to see the field.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.

    I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?

    @hoorta said:

    I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?

    I'm fine with them avoiding the incentives when you look at how Brady did with his chance so I can't be mad about that. And also, I don't think he pulled DA too late. After the saeson is over, we'll know exactly what we have in BOTH QBs and that is a good thing.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.

    I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?

    @hoorta said:

    I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?

    I don't think he'll ever go on the record about the money issue, but it's assumed that was the case. He kept DA in long enough for BQ's escalators to be almost unattainable. Obviously, Mangini couldn't account for how many snaps BQ would take in future games, but he let it go to the point where our offense would have to be on the field for an inordinate amount of time in every game for the remainder of the season for the contract escalator to be reached.

  • @kshutchins said:

    I didn't agree with Mangini's handling of the QBs. I DID notice that Mangini said Robiskie had to EARN himself a spot as a starter. I do like that he's setting this standard. You can't just show up and be a starter. I think the work ethic that's expected is an excellent foundation for building the kind of team we want to eventually have. Honestly, given the talent level of the players and the number of injuries, I'm impressed with what we're seeing. I'm also impressed by the fact that this team doesn't seem to give up. Given all the negative media reports and the empty seats in the stadium, it would be easy for them to whine and make excuses yet they seem to be hanging in there.

    I'm just not convinced by the criticism of Mangini.

    Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.

    IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.

    @hoorta said:

    Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.

    IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.

    And when Roth went in, did he show that it was the right decision? Did he demonstrate that in practice? In preparation for the game? Maybe it only took two days to show he could contribute.

  • He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.

    He gave Anderson more chances because at times Anderson showed promise. Brady showed us that he sucks. Even after Anderson showed us all he sucks he was still better than Quinn. It was only until Detroit that Brady played well and we still lost. But why are we still debating the qb situation? we won 1 game.

  • So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

  • So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

    @medicineman said:

    So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

    If I told you Derek Anderson would score 23 points vs the Chargers, would you buy into it? Prolly Not.

    Please stop trying to tell us that a guy with a 10.2 QB rating is better than Quinn.

    Derek Anderson prolly won't even be in this league next season.

    If it took a man 2 completions with 17 yards to beat the Bills, then a crippled guy off the streets could do it also.

  • So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

    @medicineman said:

    So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because "we" don't want to hear it.

    "we" as in DA pole riders?

  • So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

    @medicineman said:

    So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.

    Maybe you dont want to hear it, but I happen to enjoy when a player does well.