Robiskie
-
I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.
I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?
I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?
I'm fine with them avoiding the incentives when you look at how Brady did with his chance so I can't be mad about that. And also, I don't think he pulled DA too late. After the saeson is over, we'll know exactly what we have in BOTH QBs and that is a good thing.
-
I agree, BQ was not given a fair shake. He played the best teams we've faced so far, and did terrible. But I was at the game where he was pulled, and I was cheering along with the other 5 Browns fans at M&T Bank Stadium. He looked god-awful, and I was ready for DA. When DA did terrible, what was Mangini supposed to do? Pull him immediately? Then both QB's would have shattered confidence, and no trust whatsoever in the coach. Mangini did the right thing. Was BQ given the same chance as DA? No, not at all. But was it the best decision for the team? Yeah, probably.
I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?
I'll agree on the B-more game. However, when Anderson continued to suck at a historically bad pace against much weaker teams, he should have been pulled after a couple of starts- former Pro Bowl status or not. EM's old enough to remember Scott Mitchell syndrome. Mangini's on record he didn't pull Quinn because of the $$$$. Really?
I don't think he'll ever go on the record about the money issue, but it's assumed that was the case. He kept DA in long enough for BQ's escalators to be almost unattainable. Obviously, Mangini couldn't account for how many snaps BQ would take in future games, but he let it go to the point where our offense would have to be on the field for an inordinate amount of time in every game for the remainder of the season for the contract escalator to be reached.
-
I didn't agree with Mangini's handling of the QBs. I DID notice that Mangini said Robiskie had to EARN himself a spot as a starter. I do like that he's setting this standard. You can't just show up and be a starter. I think the work ethic that's expected is an excellent foundation for building the kind of team we want to eventually have. Honestly, given the talent level of the players and the number of injuries, I'm impressed with what we're seeing. I'm also impressed by the fact that this team doesn't seem to give up. Given all the negative media reports and the empty seats in the stadium, it would be easy for them to whine and make excuses yet they seem to be hanging in there.
I'm just not convinced by the criticism of Mangini.
Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.
IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.
Earn PT KS? How about Roth? The guy shows up and the next Sunday he's starting. What did he do in two days of practice to "earn" his starting spot? He's better than what we had, but Ray Lewis he ain't.
IMHO Mangini is talking out of both sides of his mouth on that one.
And when Roth went in, did he show that it was the right decision? Did he demonstrate that in practice? In preparation for the game? Maybe it only took two days to show he could contribute.
-
He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.
He gave BQ 2 1/2 games compared to HOW MANY for DA? Tell me that didn't have anything to do with BQ's bonus money. You're foolish if you think it didn't.
He gave Anderson more chances because at times Anderson showed promise. Brady showed us that he sucks. Even after Anderson showed us all he sucks he was still better than Quinn. It was only until Detroit that Brady played well and we still lost. But why are we still debating the qb situation? we won 1 game.
-
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
-
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
If I told you Derek Anderson would score 23 points vs the Chargers, would you buy into it? Prolly Not.
Please stop trying to tell us that a guy with a 10.2 QB rating is better than Quinn.
Derek Anderson prolly won't even be in this league next season.
If it took a man 2 completions with 17 yards to beat the Bills, then a crippled guy off the streets could do it also.
-
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because "we" don't want to hear it.
"we" as in DA pole riders?
-
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
Maybe you dont want to hear it, but I happen to enjoy when a player does well.
-
no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.
remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?
no.
stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.
no one (except you and other "BQ is the messiah"ites) cares that they didn't get equal chances.
remember DA's pro bowl? Do you sit a pro bowler to give "equal chance" to his back up?
no.
stop counting snaps and focus on where we are NOW.
Seems remarkable to me that you would even mention DA's pro bowl (back-up) appearance. He was horrible and cost his team the game.

-
Im calling out all you Quinn homos. When have I said that Anderson is good? Most of you are stupid. If somebody says something bad about Quinn you spin everything.
-
But for the hell of it how many games did Quinn start this year that we won? But ya he is a great qb
-
@medicineman said:
Look here you stupid ass fuk. When did I say Anderson was better? Go find a friend (if you have one) and have him read you my posts. Anderson is horrible. Quinn is not much better. If you really think Quinn is great you have issues. I wanted Quinn to do good ever since we got him. No matter what way you spin it its still his 3rd year and he still can't win a game. I just want wins and I don't see how anybody can say a player did great when we lose.Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.
Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.
No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.
LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.
He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.
-
So until we win a game don't bother telling us how good Quinn is because we don't want to hear it.
Maybe you dont want to hear it, but I happen to enjoy when a player does well.
Dawgfanforever88 said:
Maybe you dont want to hear it, but I happen to enjoy when a player does well.No bro I just about had enough of this poor excuse of a team. I just can't give any of them credit when we still lose.
-
@medicineman said:
Look here you stupid ass fuk. When did I say Anderson was better? Go find a friend (if you have one) and have him read you my posts. Anderson is horrible. Quinn is not much better. If you really think Quinn is great you have issues. I wanted Quinn to do good ever since we got him. No matter what way you spin it its still his 3rd year and he still can't win a game. I just want wins and I don't see how anybody can say a player did great when we lose.Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.
Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.
No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.
LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.
He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.
Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.
Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.
No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.
LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.
He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.
I know but my point was Quinn isnt doing nothing great. I was so happy when we drafted him and it all looks like he is not who we thought he was.
-
Lol, you don't gotta start getting mad over the internet you clown.
Anderson is horrible, and yes Quinn is that much better than him but overall Quinn isn't even that good but when you compare him to Anderson, he's wayyyyyyyyyyy better.
No matter how you spin it, this is his first year starting, so he's basically like a rookie, he hasn't had a lot of experience. Last year we were going to see what he had but too bad he got injured in a game vs the Texans. Also, he won a game last year vs the Bills.
LMFAO, Quinn did play great, this is a team game not the Cleveland Quinn's, so don't try to blame the loss on him.
He played really well, and the Chargers a great defense, we barely have talent on offense also and he played great. Look at how horrible the defense did and the missed oppritunitys we had.
I know but my point was Quinn isnt doing nothing great. I was so happy when we drafted him and it all looks like he is not who we thought he was.
I know but my point was Quinn isnt doing nothing great. I was so happy when we drafted him and it all looks like he is not who we thought he was.
He isn't doing great for many reasons, and he isn't doing bad either.
1. No experience, what is this, his 8th career start?
2. Benched for 2 seasons because D.A. had a fluke year
3. No talent around him
4. His confidence, he was benched in week 3, blame Mangini
But, if you have watched him these past 3 weeks, he is maturing and is beggining to build confidence (7 TDS - O INTS)
Trust me, next year will be his breakout season. If it isn't, then we can officially say he is a bust.
-
First of all Mangini DID mishandle the QB situation this season... confidence is a key to any QB's ability as is having a good number of reps and the knowledge that your coach has your back and that he'll show confidence in you to build confidence.
It seems like some have short memories. Let me recap:
Mangini preached that during the QB "competition" (which he let go on far too long in the first place, really making both of these guys wait until nearly the first game to know who had won the job and the confidence of their coach) that once he made his decision he'd give that QB the time and confidence they needed to do a good job.
Quinn "won" the competition. The support and confidence of the coach however lasted two and a half games. Well clearly Anderson wasn't up to the task even though for quite a few weeks Mangini was determined to show confidence in him that he had promised to Quinn when Anderson had clearly warranted none... because at that point he had to "do the right thing" and show the confidence he never provided to Quinn.
Well eventually Anderson sucked so bad that, now past any hope of Quinn achieving the contract escalators (which Mangini claims he neither knew nor knows anything about) he put Quinn back in after spending half the season on the bench.
Quinn, as we've seen now, thanks to numerous reps, is beginning to get in a rhythm and may be beginning to play with just a little bit of confidence.
So what's a coach to do now - pulll Quinn for Robiskie? Erode whatever confidence Quinn has now amazingly built up in the last week?
Nope - you continue to start Quinn but give Robiskie a good chunk of time in the 2nd half if you can, especially if you're already getting blown out.... enough so you can see what he's got but not so much you get in the way of Quinn's potential re-emergence as an average QB in the League both in terms of his reps and confidence.
Handle things wrong and you could undermine Quinn's confidence again. I guess we'll see if Mangini can figure out how not to mishandle a QB situation once again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login