Skip to content

Quinn...

The Browns Board
25 19 2.6k
  • @osusev said:

    Quinn looked good for ONE drive, the end of the third and 4th were garbage stats, the chargers already had us beat and were just playing soft to make us use time.

    I like Quinn when he stands in the pocket and reads the defense, his short passes (below 15 yards) are accurate with touch. bombs are just bombs not a sign of arm strength because he still does not throw the 15-30 yard tight passes.

    I LOVED his first drive because it looked like a NFL level drive..... and we scored, we caught passes, we ran aggressively. After the adjustments we just went kaput again...... you cant go dry for the second and third quarter after a NFL offense creates a 3 score lead.

    You can love the stats.... which are deceptive because of garbage time because at the beginning of the 3rd his comp rate was around 50% after we were losing by three scores...

    What makes the touchdowns in the 4th garbage time touchdowns? I thought the fourth quarter was the most important quarter of the game. If we had engineered a comeback, people wouldn't be calling them "garbage time" TDs. They'd be calling it a comeback effort. We scored with 9 minutes left, and then 2 minutes left. We had two timeouts still when we kicked the last onside kick with 40 seconds left. Had we recovered the onside kick, we would have only had to go 50 yards for a touchdown. We had time to tie the game, had we recovered the kick. It's not garbage time when you have a chance to tie or win.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What makes the touchdowns in the 4th garbage time touchdowns? I thought the fourth quarter was the most important quarter of the game. If we had engineered a comeback, people wouldn't be calling them "garbage time" TDs. They'd be calling it a comeback effort. We scored with 9 minutes left, and then 2 minutes left. We had two timeouts still when we kicked the last onside kick with 40 seconds left. Had we recovered the onside kick, we would have only had to go 50 yards for a touchdown. We had time to tie the game, had we recovered the kick. It's not garbage time when you have a chance to tie or win.

    Don't buy into the negative Quinn haters. Anyone can see that he is improving and showing that he is a leader and can manage the offense. He is working with rookies like Robiskie, and players with little experience like himself. Some of these idiots will be telling us that DA is better no matter what Quinn does. He still has a lot to prove, but I think to most of us, DA has already proven himself. Quinn has been mishandled and when the haters claim that he has 3 years experience, that is just one sided crap. How many games has he started?.......7 maybe? I'm convinced that he is going to be an above average qb.....in spite of Crennel and Mangini not knowing how to handle him.

  • I've been a big fan of the kid, he's looking like he's looked in the past when he was comfortable. Against Denver last year, Detroit and Chargers this year, as well as throughout all the preseasons. He has the tools, and can scramble. I'm so glad he got in there again. He got so screwed early in the season.

    He gets reamed for his accuracy but much of the time, he's putting the ball where the receiver can make a play and the defense can't intercept. Not all the time, but sometimes it's intended to be behind the receiver. I can't say the same for DA.

    I think BQ is more versatile and really seems smart and will keep improving. His intelligence showed in how well he handled himself throughout this mess. Look at how mature he was in interviews and always saying the right stuff.

  • Quinn looked good for ONE drive, the end of the third and 4th were garbage stats, the chargers already had us beat and were just playing soft to make us use time.

    I like Quinn when he stands in the pocket and reads the defense, his short passes (below 15 yards) are accurate with touch. bombs are just bombs not a sign of arm strength because he still does not throw the 15-30 yard tight passes.

    I LOVED his first drive because it looked like a NFL level drive..... and we scored, we caught passes, we ran aggressively. After the adjustments we just went kaput again...... you cant go dry for the second and third quarter after a NFL offense creates a 3 score lead.

    You can love the stats.... which are deceptive because of garbage time because at the beginning of the 3rd his comp rate was around 50% after we were losing by three scores...

    @osusev said:

    Quinn looked good for ONE drive, the end of the third and 4th were garbage stats, the chargers already had us beat and were just playing soft to make us use time.

    One drive? That was a hell of a drive...150 yards passing in the first half.

  • Thought i would add this here as it deals with BQ.

    I was shopping yesterday and started BSing with some guy sitting on the bench next to me..evidently he likes to park himself in front of Victoria's Secret just as I do when it comes time to rest a few minutes 😉

    Anyway, he is a Seahawks fan who moved here this past year and the talk turned to football.

    He asked me about Quinn as he found out I went to last weeks game. I told him Quinn looked pretty good last week....something to build on.

    He said "maybe so, but that guy just isn't a NFL QB".

    He wasn't smack talking or anything like that....just giving his opinion.

    That seems to be a common perception by people who don't have a stake in the team one way or another.

    I hope BQ can follow-up tonight and start changing that feeling.

  • Thought i would add this here as it deals with BQ.

    I was shopping yesterday and started BSing with some guy sitting on the bench next to me..evidently he likes to park himself in front of Victoria's Secret just as I do when it comes time to rest a few minutes 😉

    Anyway, he is a Seahawks fan who moved here this past year and the talk turned to football.

    He asked me about Quinn as he found out I went to last weeks game. I told him Quinn looked pretty good last week....something to build on.

    He said "maybe so, but that guy just isn't a NFL QB".

    He wasn't smack talking or anything like that....just giving his opinion.

    That seems to be a common perception by people who don't have a stake in the team one way or another.

    I hope BQ can follow-up tonight and start changing that feeling.

    @ballpeen said:

    Thought i would add this here as it deals with BQ.

    I was shopping yesterday and started BSing with some guy sitting on the bench next to me..evidently he likes to park himself in front of Victoria's Secret just as I do when it comes time to rest a few minutes 😉

    Anyway, he is a Seahawks fan who moved here this past year and the talk turned to football.

    He asked me about Quinn as he found out I went to last weeks game. I told him Quinn looked pretty good last week....something to build on.

    He said "maybe so, but that guy just isn't a NFL QB".

    He wasn't smack talking or anything like that....just giving his opinion.

    That seems to be a common perception by people who don't have a stake in the team one way or another.

    I hope BQ can follow-up tonight and start changing that feeling.

    Well....contrary to what the genius from Seattle had to say, Quinn is an NFL qb, and he's finally getting a chance to develop his skills, and getting the experience every young qb needs. He's probably still pissed off about the trade that brought Omar Visquel to the Indians....not to mention....it's the only place in the country that has worse weather than us.