Skip to content

The latest on J Cribbs' contract negotiations

The Browns Board
17 8 1.3k
  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...appy_since.html

    Cribbs' progress: Josh Cribbs said his agent and the Brown are "making good progress" on his contract renegotiation.

    "I feel really good about where we are right now," said Cribbs. Mangini also said last week the Browns "are moving forward" on a new deal.

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
    #2

    i wasn't sure if this was already posted, i haven't seen anyone really talking about this though, so i thought i would post it for those who might have missed it.

  • T The Fan Of STEEL wrote on last edited by
    #3

    About damn time. I was hoping that Mangini would let him go and the STEELERS could pick him up. By far the best player with the right kick ass football attitude on your team right now.

  • B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
    #4

    this was definitely needed and I'm sure Mangini knew that.

    now if only Cribbs would get carries at RB..

  • this was definitely needed and I'm sure Mangini knew that.

    now if only Cribbs would get carries at RB..

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @beefjerky said:

    this was definitely needed and I'm sure Mangini knew that.

    now if only Cribbs would get carries at RB..

    agreed, he definitely needs more carries. no disrespect to j-lew but, him being put on the ir was a good thing for the browns.

  • Brownsfan_AlthausB Brownsfan_Althaus wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Nice find man, I was actually thinking about that haha.

  • Nice find man, I was actually thinking about that haha.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @brownsfan_althaus said:

    Nice find man, I was actually thinking about that haha.

    thanks!

  • T trodgers wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I'm a bit worried about the crap I'll get for asking this, but I'll go ahead an do it anyway.

    What are your honest assessments of Cribbs

    I think he's an excellent athlete, a very good and explosive return man. I'm not sure that he has the skill level to be good at either WR or RB, however. Some of these athletes who come out of college lacking a true position have great hands...but Cribbs does not seem to be one of them.

    I know this will sound to some like a very negative assessment, but I don't think it is. He could be a good third option in the receiving game, a change of pace back who finds a lot of ways to get involved both on offense and special teams, but I don't see him making a big impact in any aspect of the game except returns.

  • I'm a bit worried about the crap I'll get for asking this, but I'll go ahead an do it anyway.

    What are your honest assessments of Cribbs

    I think he's an excellent athlete, a very good and explosive return man. I'm not sure that he has the skill level to be good at either WR or RB, however. Some of these athletes who come out of college lacking a true position have great hands...but Cribbs does not seem to be one of them.

    I know this will sound to some like a very negative assessment, but I don't think it is. He could be a good third option in the receiving game, a change of pace back who finds a lot of ways to get involved both on offense and special teams, but I don't see him making a big impact in any aspect of the game except returns.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @trodgers said:

    I'm a bit worried about the crap I'll get for asking this, but I'll go ahead an do it anyway.

    What are your honest assessments of Cribbs

    I think he's an excellent athlete, a very good and explosive return man. I'm not sure that he has the skill level to be good at either WR or RB, however. Some of these athletes who come out of college lacking a true position have great hands...but Cribbs does not seem to be one of them.

    I know this will sound to some like a very negative assessment, but I don't think it is. He could be a good third option in the receiving game, a change of pace back who finds a lot of ways to get involved both on offense and special teams, but I don't see him making a big impact in any aspect of the game except returns.

    I agree 100%.

    I like Cribbs, and realize he has become the face of the franchise right now, but he is a return guy and I was fairly pleased with Lawson's returns in training camp and pre-season. I want the guy here as he adds a ton to the team as aour gunner as well, but I wouldn't give him the house.

  • @trodgers said:

    I'm a bit worried about the crap I'll get for asking this, but I'll go ahead an do it anyway.

    What are your honest assessments of Cribbs

    I think he's an excellent athlete, a very good and explosive return man. I'm not sure that he has the skill level to be good at either WR or RB, however. Some of these athletes who come out of college lacking a true position have great hands...but Cribbs does not seem to be one of them.

    I know this will sound to some like a very negative assessment, but I don't think it is. He could be a good third option in the receiving game, a change of pace back who finds a lot of ways to get involved both on offense and special teams, but I don't see him making a big impact in any aspect of the game except returns.

    I agree 100%.

    I like Cribbs, and realize he has become the face of the franchise right now, but he is a return guy and I was fairly pleased with Lawson's returns in training camp and pre-season. I want the guy here as he adds a ton to the team as aour gunner as well, but I wouldn't give him the house.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @atenears said:

    I agree 100%.

    I like Cribbs, and realize he has become the face of the franchise right now, but he is a return guy and I was fairly pleased with Lawson's returns in training camp and pre-season. I want the guy here as he adds a ton to the team as aour gunner as well, but I wouldn't give him the house.

    I agree as well. Cribbs is a great st man and can be useful in trick plays on offense, but I think that his new contract will be more of an extension than a raise. I do not see him getting a boatload of money per year, jmo.

  • S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I wish half this team had the heart and dedication that Cribbs has. If they did we might actually win a game.

  • @trodgers said:

    I'm a bit worried about the crap I'll get for asking this, but I'll go ahead an do it anyway.

    What are your honest assessments of Cribbs

    I think he's an excellent athlete, a very good and explosive return man. I'm not sure that he has the skill level to be good at either WR or RB, however. Some of these athletes who come out of college lacking a true position have great hands...but Cribbs does not seem to be one of them.

    I know this will sound to some like a very negative assessment, but I don't think it is. He could be a good third option in the receiving game, a change of pace back who finds a lot of ways to get involved both on offense and special teams, but I don't see him making a big impact in any aspect of the game except returns.

    I agree 100%.

    I like Cribbs, and realize he has become the face of the franchise right now, but he is a return guy and I was fairly pleased with Lawson's returns in training camp and pre-season. I want the guy here as he adds a ton to the team as aour gunner as well, but I wouldn't give him the house.

    B beefjerky wrote on last edited by beefjerky
    #12

    @atenears said:

    I agree 100%.

    I like Cribbs, and realize he has become the face of the franchise right now, but he is a return guy and I was fairly pleased with Lawson's returns in training camp and pre-season. I want the guy here as he adds a ton to the team as aour gunner as well, but I wouldn't give him the house.

    Normally I would agree if your post was about him being a WR, but every single time he gets a carry(in wild cat usually), it seems to be a long gain.

    I just wanna know what it'd be like if he got an entire full start playing RB the entire game, I'm 100% sure that he'd do much better as a RB than a WR(he has the body for it), perhaps he doesn't want to play RB as it takes a large toll on the body? Perhaps he'll only play that position if he gets a big contract raise, perhaps Mangini doesn't want to play him as one?

    who knows? all I know is that I want to see at least one game where he gets a full start at RB to see what he can do, I don't see why not when we've been starting him at WR for no apparent reason, he is not good as a WR at all. I feel like we're not utilizing him as much as we could be.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Cribbs being an everydown RB would kill our running game. His legs would be dead by the 2nd half every game, and his career would be shortened by a couple years. I like him as a gimmick back, not a WR. But he is able to stretch the field with his speed, and he did make a pretty athletic catch last week. I've always wanted to see what he could do as a defensive back, personally.

  • Brownsfan_AlthausB Brownsfan_Althaus wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We won't let him get away. Our franchise KNOWS that if we do alot of fans will be upset.

  • Cribbs being an everydown RB would kill our running game. His legs would be dead by the 2nd half every game, and his career would be shortened by a couple years. I like him as a gimmick back, not a WR. But he is able to stretch the field with his speed, and he did make a pretty athletic catch last week. I've always wanted to see what he could do as a defensive back, personally.

    B beefjerky wrote on last edited by beefjerky
    #15

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cribbs being an everydown RB would kill our running game. His legs would be dead by the 2nd half every game, and his career would be shortened by a couple years. I like him as a gimmick back, not a WR. But he is able to stretch the field with his speed, and he did make a pretty athletic catch last week. I've always wanted to see what he could do as a defensive back, personally.

    when I said I wanted him to have a full start, that's just for one game, if he excelled in the full start, then I would want him to split carries with another RB to get the most durability from them. I guess that could qualify as "gimmick back" if he got around 5-12 carries a game. and yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him at safety either, if Mike Furrey(who btw, should be the starting WR2, either him or Robiskie) can do alright at it, why not Cribbs?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cribbs being an everydown RB would kill our running game. His legs would be dead by the 2nd half every game, and his career would be shortened by a couple years. I like him as a gimmick back, not a WR. But he is able to stretch the field with his speed, and he did make a pretty athletic catch last week. I've always wanted to see what he could do as a defensive back, personally.

    when I said I wanted him to have a full start, that's just for one game, if he excelled in the full start, then I would want him to split carries with another RB to get the most durability from them. I guess that could qualify as "gimmick back" if he got around 5-12 carries a game. and yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him at safety either, if Mike Furrey(who btw, should be the starting WR2, either him or Robiskie) can do alright at it, why not Cribbs?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @beefjerky said:

    when I said I wanted him to have a full start, that's just for one game, if he excelled in the full start, then I would want him to split carries with another RB to get the most durability from them. I guess that could qualify as "gimmick back" if he got around 5-12 carries a game. and yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him at safety either, if Mike Furrey(who btw, should be the starting WR2, either him or Robiskie) can do alright at it, why not Cribbs?

    When I said kill our running game, I meant kill our return game. I'm too lazy to fix it. Yeah, I could see him as a good change of pace back, that's pretty much what he does now, except he only runs from the Flash package. It would be interesting to see him at RB in one of our traditional formations; maybe some kind of I-form so the defense has to account for a run up the middle, and then we pitch it to him outside and let him get the edge. When we line up in the Flash, its almost guaranteed that Cribbs is going to run, and he still finds a way to get at least 5 yards every time. And I'd like to see our WR depth chart like this to begin the game tonight: #1- MoMass, #2- Furrey, #3-Robo, #4-Stuckey,#5-Cribbs. I want to see what Robo does in the slot, I think he might just tear people up.

  • S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Honeslty, I think now is the perfect time to try new stuff. It's not like it's going to hurt our chances for the playoff's or anything. I wouldn't mind watching Cribb's on D. I bet he would be great.