Now Jones is Complaining
-
Funny thing: Just yesterday my buddy and I were talking on how bad Jones has sucked this year. We both figured he would try to blame it on being hurt and it seems just the opposite, the Browns are making excuses for him.
I don't see how he thinks he's playing well though, that's my biggest issue. He should have said his knee is fine and he is just not playing well or something, but don't try to intimate your healthy and playing well when you're not playing well.
Ghoolie and da ich weren't right about shit, they would have said the same thing about this front office if it was Parcells and Walsh. This is just what happens when a team with high expectations crashes, guys start running their mouths and the media run with it.
-
Funny thing: Just yesterday my buddy and I were talking on how bad Jones has sucked this year. We both figured he would try to blame it on being hurt and it seems just the opposite, the Browns are making excuses for him.
I don't see how he thinks he's playing well though, that's my biggest issue. He should have said his knee is fine and he is just not playing well or something, but don't try to intimate your healthy and playing well when you're not playing well.
Ghoolie and da ich weren't right about shit, they would have said the same thing about this front office if it was Parcells and Walsh. This is just what happens when a team with high expectations crashes, guys start running their mouths and the media run with it.
Funny thing: Just yesterday my buddy and I were talking on how bad Jones has sucked this year. We both figured he would try to blame it on being hurt and it seems just the opposite, the Browns are making excuses for him.
Good points Riff! I NEVER thought I'd have to say Sean Jones isn't cutting it BUT this doesn't look anything like the Sean Jones I've watched the last 2 years. I like our backup Safeties - I think they've shown all of us quality reps when called upon.
All this said, our corners AND our LBers haven't exactly ergonomics of playing Safety here easy. I mean if Marshall didn't have stone hands the other night - that was an absolute train-wreck. I said all Summer that Davon Holly was better than alot of people gave him credit for even though I couldn't help myself in saying I wouldn't mind seeing MORE of McDonald in the mix. Who didn't say that? I think Holly would be FAR better at pushing McDonald for starting reps and I'm certain he'd make a better 3rd corner than Cousins.
Above all, I don't think Jones is anywhere near 100% unless it's possible to turn from good to sucky this fast. He overcame a brutal knee injury and he just reinjured it this year so there's a mental and physical side to it. For the ENTIRE 2007 season all I kept saying was I wish we had ONE LBer as willing to tackle people as Sean Jones. D'Qwell just just grabbed ankles 15-20 yards downfield after someone else applied the shoulder. In addition, our LBers have been so weak that teams that they can't even blitz up the middle. I 've seen 2 different RBs (not FBs) put Jackson on his seat on X-stunt blitzes. I can't imagine playing Safety when we can't cover anyone on the perimeter or tackle anyone inside.
- Tom F.
-
@shepwrite said:
They're negotiating. They love Sean Jones and his post injury struggles will reduce the market for him... which is good.We won't create another hole.
I don't know about that. We're 4 years into this thing with Savage and while year 1 and 2 may have been honeymoonish, I am not on board so far with all the BS from PS and RAC inre: to the player comments this season. If we were awesome and taking shit attitude I would give 2 shits because we'll just plug another guy in like the ....um, er....a team I know in the division.
That's not the case here. Opie has no leverage - the players do.
When they bitch and moan it may well be for leverage on a contract, however I am not as inclined to give Opie the benefit of the doubt like I used to.
Especially since "his own" Mo Carthon is RAC.
We have to start winning right now or the last 3-1/2 years are for shit. Period. End of Phil's and RAC's story.
If they miss the fooking playoffs I would throw money at Cowher and cut these two "it takes 5 years" idtiots.
-
@shepwrite said:
They're negotiating. They love Sean Jones and his post injury struggles will reduce the market for him... which is good.We won't create another hole.
I don't know about that. We're 4 years into this thing with Savage and while year 1 and 2 may have been honeymoonish, I am not on board so far with all the BS from PS and RAC inre: to the player comments this season. If we were awesome and taking shit attitude I would give 2 shits because we'll just plug another guy in like the ....um, er....a team I know in the division.
That's not the case here. Opie has no leverage - the players do.
When they bitch and moan it may well be for leverage on a contract, however I am not as inclined to give Opie the benefit of the doubt like I used to.
Especially since "his own" Mo Carthon is RAC.
We have to start winning right now or the last 3-1/2 years are for shit. Period. End of Phil's and RAC's story.
If they miss the fooking playoffs I would throw money at Cowher and cut these two "it takes 5 years" idtiots.
Especially since "his own" Mo Carthon is RAC.
Keep in mind, rumors were that it was Lerners decision to give RAC the extension, not Phil. I tend to buy it, considering RAC got his new deal before Savage got his.
We have also all heard rumors of stuggles between RAC and Phil.
-
Maybe the Browns are trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security.
Seriously, the media in this country is so scewed up, does anyone with an IQ over 50 pay attention to them?
ALl I know is, the Browns BLOW.
Maybe the Browns are trying to lull the opposition into a false sense of security.
Seriously, the media in this country is so scewed up, does anyone with an IQ over 50 pay attention to them?
ALl I know is, the Browns BLOW.
If this is how rac is trying to shake things up and get the players playing its the wrong way to go like everything else rac does crennel is an idiot and our organization and owners way of running a football team sucks so bad we cant even lure in a talented coach or prospect or even a competent medical staff we are destined to be the worst franchise in the league over time lerners next choice of yet another loser coach will stand as evidence of this ongoing and developing catastrophe...
-
RAC is pining for the days of Red Barn; or Burger Chef (remember Burger Chef and Jeff?)
-
RAC is pining for the days of Red Barn; or Burger Chef (remember Burger Chef and Jeff?)
WOW a Red Barn reference... nice! I used to love that place
-
RAC is pining for the days of Red Barn; or Burger Chef (remember Burger Chef and Jeff?)
Crennelephant in his early days:

-
RAC is pining for the days of Red Barn; or Burger Chef (remember Burger Chef and Jeff?)
I miss Red Barn
-

Things are getting uglier by the week.
-
-
sign Julius Peppers from Carolina (like they aren't going to franchise him)
-
-
But if they did...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login