Mount Union
-
To say Mt Union's program is DOMINATING would be an understatement. After this many years, you know EVERY opponent is sky high for the Mt Union game, yet this team continues to play nearly faultless football & win. That's what I have noticed over the years, sort of like Bobby Knight coached basketball teams...they are well disciplined & fundamentally sound.
Thanks for the thread. This team is a joy to watch & I'm proud to have them in Stark County & in Ohio.
GO RAIDERS!!...PURPLE RAIDERS!!
Mike
-
I from alliance. so Ive known about the purple raiders for some time. that program deserves all the credit. In their division there are no scholorships for football. so its quit impressive that they have been good for such a long time. If talent levels were equal among the divisions than Mount Union is the best program in the nation.
-
Mount Union is a fascinating team to watch.
They find the talent, and the players are a real TEAM, and they
really go after a win every game.
We're just N. of N. Canton, and we watch Mount Union a lot on TV,
but have never made it in person. I'd like to one of these days - we go to Alliance a lot.
Cope's farm equipment... Tractor Supply... to farm auctions out that way.....
Texas Roadhouse. "sigh"
-
How is it possible that Larry Kehres hasn't been offered a job at a big time program?
-
I think it must be well-known he has no desire to ever go anywhere, and still gets paid very well.
-
The Mount is a freaking machine man. 4 of my HS buddies went there and played from 88 to 91, including the QB Brad Petro, a good friend. He held the Mount records until Jim Ballard, who played in the NFL for a few years and then Bill Borchert, who was one of the best college QB's I've ever seen. I turned down an opportunity to play there cuz of prior military commitments and it is something I've always regretted. I used to make the trek up from OSU to hang with my guys over the course of a game weekend and really enjoyed the experiences.
What Kehres has done there is nothing short of a miracle, it's ridiculous. To the guy that said it's only D3, don't be fooled cuz those guys can play across the board. Year in and year out they beat teams in the playoffs that are loaded with D1 transfers and all you gotta do is take a look at a guy like Pierre Garcon starting for the Dolts to know the talent level there. Their oline is huge, and the coaching on that team is about as good as it gets.
Kehres has repeatedly said he has no interest in going anywhere, it's his comfort zone. Not only that his son recently played there and I believe is coaching now. Pluto has repeatedly confirmed over the years the Kehres has no interest in leaving, along with Joe Tait who calls games occasionally.
Mount are players from across Ohio that were studs on their HS teams but just weren't offered scholarships (but not always), usually from not being deemed fast or big enough. I have always dreamed of The Mount playing a higher level team such as Youngstown State, where I do believe they could win. I had people for years tell me Roy Jones Jr. could never beat a big time heavy and I always said he could. He confirmed it by beating David Tua who held a belt. I have the same regard for Mount, I think they could rattle some teams for sure.
-
My dad played football at Mt. Union. I am going to download them onto my NCAA Football '10 game.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login