GM and Mangini
-
Its good that more and more fans feel this way because lerner has already pre-deemed it to be this way ,ruskell and mangini will most likely be the next evil duo to shame the city and the fans ,underneath mangini will be running the show ,i say lets kick back and get ready for 3 more years of below mediocre football and then maybe the fans might be ready to toss lerner out on his ear...
I could be way wrong too ,it wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last...we can hope for the best but expect the worst ,6 years of lerners bad decisions give me no reason to think or even hope he gets it right this time...

Its good that more and more fans feel this way because lerner has already pre-deemed it to be this way ,ruskell and mangini will most likely be the next evil duo to shame the city and the fans ,underneath mangini will be running the show ,i say lets kick back and get ready for 3 more years of below mediocre football and then maybe the fans might be ready to toss lerner out on his ear...
I could be way wrong too ,it wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last...we can hope for the best but expect the worst ,6 years of lerners bad decisions give me no reason to think or even hope he gets it right this time...

Hey ADMIN! Can we get an F-You button put next to the "Thanks" button?
PLEASE tell me why Mangini is so bad? Where has he gone wrong? What has he done to make people believe he is terrible? Because every argument I have heard to support this opinion has been debunked or has been just complete personal preference and has nothing to do with performance.
-
I said that I could live with what WSS proposed and I still can.
However, my gut tells me that Mangini does not survive the Holmgren era - if it ever comes to be.
I have nothing tangible but I live in NE and get a lot of Pats and Jets news. Something tells me that Mangini lacks equity with the NFL coaching community and, even more so, with NFL management.
I believe Holmgren would jettison Mangini rather quickly. I could be wrong - maybe he would give him a year. However, IMHO, it is likely that Holmgren neither respects nor likes Mangini.
Maybe time will tell.
-
Its good that more and more fans feel this way because lerner has already pre-deemed it to be this way ,ruskell and mangini will most likely be the next evil duo to shame the city and the fans ,underneath mangini will be running the show ,i say lets kick back and get ready for 3 more years of below mediocre football and then maybe the fans might be ready to toss lerner out on his ear...
I could be way wrong too ,it wouldnt be the first time and it wont be the last...we can hope for the best but expect the worst ,6 years of lerners bad decisions give me no reason to think or even hope he gets it right this time...

Hey ADMIN! Can we get an F-You button put next to the "Thanks" button?
PLEASE tell me why Mangini is so bad? Where has he gone wrong? What has he done to make people believe he is terrible? Because every argument I have heard to support this opinion has been debunked or has been just complete personal preference and has nothing to do with performance.
Hey ADMIN! Can we get an F-You button put next to the "Thanks" button?
PLEASE tell me why Mangini is so bad? Where has he gone wrong? What has he done to make people believe he is terrible? Because every argument I have heard to support this opinion has been debunked or has been just complete personal preference and has nothing to do with performance.
I think you just pushed that button.
-
First of all on the GM - Lerner's put this team in a tight spot. No GM worth having is going to submit to being forced to retain a head coach.
Even if he WANTED to keep Mangini, or were at least open to it, Holmgren wouldn't accept the perception that he somehow caved, or the perception that Mangini is being protected by the owner. Holmgren wants nothing more than full control and keeping Mangini would undermine the perception that he truly was in full control.
Beyond that I'm missing what it is that Mangini has "built" around here. I see some strategic disassemlbly, but I'm not seeing a team being put together. It's not like Mangini's the only coach to ever take a hardass approach to get his team performing better - there's tons of coaches out there who have a similar philosophy. They just have a proven track record of doing it better than Mangini.
So I see no real downside for Holmgren getting rid of Mangini - indeed he almost MUST fire Mangini if he wants to make clear he's in control, and getting a good head coach might inject the sense of hope and excitement that Mangini never brought to this team.
-
First of all on the GM - Lerner's put this team in a tight spot. No GM worth having is going to submit to being forced to retain a head coach.
Even if he WANTED to keep Mangini, or were at least open to it, Holmgren wouldn't accept the perception that he somehow caved, or the perception that Mangini is being protected by the owner. Holmgren wants nothing more than full control and keeping Mangini would undermine the perception that he truly was in full control.
Beyond that I'm missing what it is that Mangini has "built" around here. I see some strategic disassemlbly, but I'm not seeing a team being put together. It's not like Mangini's the only coach to ever take a hardass approach to get his team performing better - there's tons of coaches out there who have a similar philosophy. They just have a proven track record of doing it better than Mangini.
So I see no real downside for Holmgren getting rid of Mangini - indeed he almost MUST fire Mangini if he wants to make clear he's in control, and getting a good head coach might inject the sense of hope and excitement that Mangini never brought to this team.
It's not like Mangini's the only coach to ever take a hardass approach to get his team performing better - there's tons of coaches out there who have a similar philosophy.
JOE SIX PAT SAID MANGINI HAS THE TEAM PERFORMING BETTER?! OMG! Has HELL FROZEN OVER?!
The above statement is true. It's just that only one of those coaches is collecting a paycheck from the Browns.
-
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
-
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
I really hope this isn't the case.
-
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
He certainly could but to be entirely honest, why would Mike Holmgren come here? I suppose if you offered him enough money he might come but the Seattle job is open and he already lives there and is revered. I think Holmgren is using the Browns to grease Seattle.
-
i just saw john clayton on espn and he's reporting that if holmgren is brought in, he will fire mangini. i believe mortensen is reporting the same thing. i'm not sure what will happen, but i just thought i would share this info.
He certainly could but to be entirely honest, why would Mike Holmgren come here? I suppose if you offered him enough money he might come but the Seattle job is open and he already lives there and is revered. I think Holmgren is using the Browns to grease Seattle.
He certainly could but to be entirely honest, why would Mike Holmgren come here? I suppose if you offered him enough money he might come but the Seattle job is open and he already lives there and is revered. I think Holmgren is using the Browns to grease Seattle.
You could be right. I hope we find out soon because I'm tired of the rumors.
-
Yeah I'd bet Holmgren would dump Mangini.
Even if he liked him OK. New management needs to make a statement and get their guys in place.
You don't want any Mangini loyalists hanging on.
Then what?
Is he gonna coach?
Is he going to hire an independent coach or second guess and micro manage every move the new guy makes?
And is anybody here jonesing for a few more years rebuilding arond the next highly drafted QB to bust?
Personally I'm not too excited about Holmgren.
Parcells maybe but.......
WSS
-
Yeah I'd bet Holmgren would dump Mangini.
Even if he liked him OK. New management needs to make a statement and get their guys in place.
You don't want any Mangini loyalists hanging on.
Then what?
Is he gonna coach?
Is he going to hire an independent coach or second guess and micro manage every move the new guy makes?
And is anybody here jonesing for a few more years rebuilding arond the next highly drafted QB to bust?
Personally I'm not too excited about Holmgren.
Parcells maybe but.......
WSS
Yeah I'd bet Holmgren would dump Mangini.
Even if he liked him OK. New management needs to make a statement and get their guys in place.
You don't want any Mangini loyalists hanging on.
Then what?
Is he gonna coach?
Is he going to hire an independent coach or second guess and micro manage every move the new guy makes?
And is anybody here jonesing for a few more years rebuilding arond the next highly drafted QB to bust?
Personally I'm not too excited about Holmgren.
Parcells maybe but.......
WSS
The problem, Steve, is that the Browns are continually blowing it up. If you really believe that Mangini is improving the team in the second half of the season, then I think the better option is to get a GM who can accept him with some changes to the coaching staff and move on. It would be better than just blowing it all up, bringing in someone new, deciding you need a new QB, deciding you won't run a 3-4 and installing the wishbone (just kidding about the wishbone).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login