Skip to content

Charlie Frye

The Browns Board
19 13 2.1k
  • LOL. This should be fun if/when we play them next week.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

    Cable says Frye is Raiders' starting QB, wants Russell 'to develop'

    Associated Press

    DENVER -- Charlie Frye will start at quarterback over former starter JaMarcus Russell when the Oakland Raiders visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

    Raiders coach Tom Cable said in a conference call with Denver media on Wednesday that Russell will be his No. 2 quarterback, with the newly signed J.P. Losman third.

    Bruce Gradkowski supplanted Russell as the starter a month ago, but he missed the second half of the Raiders' loss to the Washington Redskins last weekend with injuries to both knees.

    What does Frye's promotion mean for Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft? "It means he continues to develop," Cable said.

  • At least he'll be throwing to the guys in Brown & Orange for once.

  • It takes effort to end up like the Raiders. It really does.

  • It takes effort to end up like the Raiders. It really does.

    Sivlerback DPOY said:

    It takes effort to end up like the Raiders. It really does.

    Well, they are 4-9, Browns are 2-11. We only can HOPE the Browns end up like the Raiders...in terms of record.

  • Screw the Raiders and the Browns on the gridiron ... what I am really on the edge of my seat for is to see whether Mike Randall dresses as a Frye-Guy or as Dawg Pound Mike ... now that is a story line.

    He may arrive late to the game unable to decide which SuperHost costume to wear.

  • Raiders have WR's who can catch, but then again when Frye was in Cleveland he had WR's who could catch.

    Will we see Dog Pund Mike dressed in his Charlie frye dress for the game?

    67623394.nemSDXZt.jpg

  • I am sure the ESPN hype machine is gonna be all over this one. Biggest grudge match of the year baby! Will Frye avenge his embarrassing outser 1 game into the season in 2007 or will Romeo, Savage, Mangini? have the last laugh. I can't take the anticipation.

    Seriously though, if Frye comes in and whoops our asses I am gonna be pissed.

  • Sivlerback DPOY said:

    It takes effort to end up like the Raiders. It really does.

    Well, they are 4-9, Browns are 2-11. We only can HOPE the Browns end up like the Raiders...in terms of record.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, they are 4-9, Browns are 2-11. We only can HOPE the Browns end up like the Raiders...in terms of record.

    The Browns have made many mistakes and had some bad luck. I honestly think Al Davis is trying to make his team pathetic.

  • I am sure the ESPN hype machine is gonna be all over this one. Biggest grudge match of the year baby! Will Frye avenge his embarrassing outser 1 game into the season in 2007 or will Romeo, Savage, Mangini? have the last laugh. I can't take the anticipation.

    Seriously though, if Frye comes in and whoops our asses I am gonna be pissed.

    @bonedawg said:

    I am sure the ESPN hype machine is gonna be all over this one. Biggest grudge match of the year baby! Will Frye avenge his embarrassing outser 1 game into the season in 2007 or will Romeo, Savage, Mangini? have the last laugh. I can't take the anticipation.

    Seriously though, if Frye comes in and whoops our asses I am gonna be pissed.

    I say he will make our secondary look like world beaters! 😆

  • Zombo said:

    Then again, let's not look past the Chiefs ... this could be a total trap game for us coming off the big win against Pittsburgh and looking ahead to Frye.

    Zombo

    Sleestaks and Trap Games ... can't sneak either past the members of this forum.

  • I hope Charlie Frye has a great game. It'll be fun to watch.

  • Great, we'll get to see Brady vs. Brady.

  • Zombo said:

    Then again, let's not look past the Chiefs ... this could be a total trap game for us coming off the big win against Pittsburgh and looking ahead to Frye.

    Zombo

    When you're 2-11, there is no such thing as a "trap game". You have to be heavily favored to get "trapped". I think you meant to say "classic crap game".

    The interesting part of the season from here on out is who we play. The reason is, when you have a few teams playing for nothing, you can get a really good look at the coaching on each team. Watch for penalties and effort. The one with the least of the former and the most of the latter, is the one with the better coach. We may lose one of these games but it won't be because we weren't trying. With the roster in the state that it is in, that says a lot about the direction of the franchise. Don't turn it over and don't stop playing. If you can accomplish those two things you can beat anybody. THEN! If you can get 3 or 4 new guys that can seriously play in this league or at least start on any team in the league, you have yourself a championship contender. Mangini is fixing the hardest things first, culture and attitude. That is a ballsey move and a plan that although works everytime, doesn't usually have somebody with the courage to follow it. Mangini is doing it and you have to be excited about the future. You're going to notice next year how much faster our rookies will develope and how many more of them will be good players. When you bring a rookie into the new environment that Mangini is creating, they have a much better chance of succeeding. When you bring them into Club Romeo, they take on the attitude of the players. You remember the "who cares, I get a paycheck" attitude. When rookies adopt that attitude, they fail, everytime.

  • Can we start Cribbs at QB for this game and let Cribbs and Frye battle it out like they did in college? Akron vs Kent! It would be fun to watch!

  • Can we start Cribbs at QB for this game and let Cribbs and Frye battle it out like they did in college? Akron vs Kent! It would be fun to watch!

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    Can we start Cribbs at QB for this game and let Cribbs and Frye battle it out like they did in college? Akron vs Kent! It would be fun to watch!

    Browns Vs Raiders is fun to watch too ... Al Davis Vs Randy Lerner in a cage match with pom poms !

  • I'm a lifelong fan of the Raiders. When the Raiders had a shot at drafting Brady Quinn, I was pretty happy (as I'm also a lifelong ND fan). They drafted Russell instead. I watched that trainwreck for as long as I could. I stopped watching them this season, but when Gradkowski was announced as starter, I went back to watching them. As soon as Russell entered the game last week, I couldn't have cared less how they played. I think Russell flat out sucks. Gradkowski gave the Raiders a chance to win. So will Frye. The Raiders have a good running game, a fantastic TE, excellent special teams play, hit-or-miss D, so if you can take care of the ball in that offense, you can be a pretty successful QB. Gradkowski could have made that team a .500 club. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders win a game or two with Frye. I will be rooting for Cleveland against them though. I want Quinn to stick it to the Raiders on my behalf.

  • I'm a lifelong fan of the Raiders. When the Raiders had a shot at drafting Brady Quinn, I was pretty happy (as I'm also a lifelong ND fan). They drafted Russell instead. I watched that trainwreck for as long as I could. I stopped watching them this season, but when Gradkowski was announced as starter, I went back to watching them. As soon as Russell entered the game last week, I couldn't have cared less how they played. I think Russell flat out sucks. Gradkowski gave the Raiders a chance to win. So will Frye. The Raiders have a good running game, a fantastic TE, excellent special teams play, hit-or-miss D, so if you can take care of the ball in that offense, you can be a pretty successful QB. Gradkowski could have made that team a .500 club. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders win a game or two with Frye. I will be rooting for Cleveland against them though. I want Quinn to stick it to the Raiders on my behalf.

    @trodgers said:

    I'm a lifelong fan of the Raiders. When the Raiders had a shot at drafting Brady Quinn, I was pretty happy (as I'm also a lifelong ND fan). They drafted Russell instead. I watched that trainwreck for as long as I could. I stopped watching them this season, but when Gradkowski was announced as starter, I went back to watching them. As soon as Russell entered the game last week, I couldn't have cared less how they played. I think Russell flat out sucks. Gradkowski gave the Raiders a chance to win. So will Frye. The Raiders have a good running game, a fantastic TE, excellent special teams play, hit-or-miss D, so if you can take care of the ball in that offense, you can be a pretty successful QB. Gradkowski could have made that team a .500 club. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders win a game or two with Frye. I will be rooting for Cleveland against them though. I want Quinn to stick it to the Raiders on my behalf.

    I don't know if you have been watching the Browns much, but the Brady Quinn train isn't running all that smooth either.

  • I've been watching them. As where the problems on the Raiders are tied directly to the QB spot (and the owner), the Browns have had other issues. I feel infinitely more confident in a team starting Quinn than in one starting J-Rock, as he's known.

  • Frye started a game or two for the Seahawks last year and was bad.