Skip to content

Bengals WR Henry has Died

The Browns Board
86 35 9.2k
  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #48

    It's obvious we have a bunch of terrible, terrible human beings here and not just me.

    You guys should be ashamed, especially you grammar fookups.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    I thought we moved past grammar smack when we were 10?

    Sorry, K. It was a stupid attempt at humor. Then it kind of took on a life of its own.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @chicopee-john said:

    Sorry, K. It was a stupid attempt at humor. Then it kind of took on a life of its own.

    You are right, it was lame. Almost lamer then my first joke.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    This is true ignorance. You are a real class act. I hope people feel the same about you when you die, and from what I can gather after reading this piece of trash, I assume they will. You don't know anything about Chris Henry.

    Settle down tough guy. It is well documented what an idiot he was. Of course people like you overreact to something and read much more into it. Are you all concerned right now over the local east Clevelander that just died today? Doubt it. Just cuz this dude played pro ball doesn't exclude him from what is expected of decent societal behavior. Never said I was happy about it, but I prefer to mourn the loss of our military personnel, my loved ones and friends and even those types of the ilk that Sowell killed. This guy was handed a plate of gold and pissed all over it most of his life (or at least playing career). I certainly feel for his family and all that, but I'm not going to lose sleep over someone like Chris Henry dying by being a complete idiot. I also have a friend whose kid lived in the same dorm as those two at WV. I know more than you think.

    Let the moral onslaught begin. Give me some more of Timmy Couch Tough Guy.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @riffer-x said:

    Settle down tough guy. It is well documented what an idiot he was. Of course people like you overreact to something and read much more into it. Are you all concerned right now over the local east Clevelander that just died today? Doubt it. Just cuz this dude played pro ball doesn't exclude him from what is expected of decent societal behavior. Never said I was happy about it, but I prefer to mourn the loss of our military personnel, my loved ones and friends and even those types of the ilk that Sowell killed. This guy was handed a plate of gold and pissed all over it most of his life (or at least playing career). I certainly feel for his family and all that, but I'm not going to lose sleep over someone like Chris Henry dying by being a complete idiot. I also have a friend whose kid lived in the same dorm as those two at WV. I know more than you think.

    Let the moral onslaught begin. Give me some more of Timmy Couch Tough Guy.

    I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

    No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

    I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

    So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

    Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

    Just my opinion,

    Heidi

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #51

    it doesn't matter how he lived his life, etc., have some class and show some respect for the deceased.

  • 4 4Browns wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I saw some pictures of the accident scene, it happened on what looked to be a fairly sharp bend. She was probably driving at a high rate of speed and he was likely thrown out the side as the truck rounded the bend. He had a cast on left arm making it that much more difficult to hang on. Climbing into the back of a pickup truck was not a good decision. And wtf was she thinking to continue driving down the road with him back there? Two bad decisions combined cost the man his life.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    I thought we moved past grammar smack when we were 10?

    Sorry, K. It was a stupid attempt at humor. Then it kind of took on a life of its own.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @chicopee-john said:

    Sorry, K. It was a stupid attempt at humor. Then it kind of took on a life of its own.

    Who is K?

  • I saw some pictures of the accident scene, it happened on what looked to be a fairly sharp bend. She was probably driving at a high rate of speed and he was likely thrown out the side as the truck rounded the bend. He had a cast on left arm making it that much more difficult to hang on. Climbing into the back of a pickup truck was not a good decision. And wtf was she thinking to continue driving down the road with him back there? Two bad decisions combined cost the man his life.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @4browns said:

    I saw some pictures of the accident scene, it happened on what looked to be a fairly sharp bend. She was probably driving at a high rate of speed and he was likely thrown out the side as the truck rounded the bend. He had a cast on left arm making it that much more difficult to hang on. Climbing into the back of a pickup truck was not a good decision. And wtf was she thinking to continue driving down the road with him back there? Two bad decisions combined cost the man his life.

    I don't think we have begun to hear the whole story. Imagine if Tiger Woods had has similar injuries from his car crash where his wife took a nine iron to him?

    There is obviously more to this "domestic dispute" than perhaps we know at this point.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Here are the obituaries from the Leakin' Urinal for today, just to give some perspective:

    Obituaries1-10 of 4,462 Notices NEXT

    Ronald E. Mitchell Sr. 12/19/2009 Ronald E. Mitchell, Sr., 60, passed away Dec. 14, 2009. Announcements later. (Stewart & Calhoun, 330-535-1543) more...

    Jack F. Boesiger 12/17/2009 Jack F. Boesiger, 54, passed away Dec. 1, 2009 at the Veterans Hospital in Phoenix, Ariz. after a long illness.He is survived by his parents, Jack and Dolores; son, Shawn (Yvette) Boesiger; brother... more...

    William Buffe 12/17/2009 William Buffe, 92, died on Saturday, December 12, 2009, after a long struggle to regain his health following heart surgery in June.Bill was born in Detroit, Michigan, and grew up in nearby Jackson.... more...

    Homer L. Heiser 12/17/2009 Homer L. 'Butch' HeiserTALLMADGE -- Homer L. 'Butch' Heiser, 68, passed away December 14, 2009.Born in Akron, Homer had lived in Tallmadge since 1942. He served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam ... more...

    Donald Wiley Moore 12/17/2009 Donald Wiley Moore, 84, of Canal Fulton, passed away quietly on Tuesday morning, December 15, 2009.Don was born in Sistersville, West Virginia, but had resided in Canal Fulton for 55 years. He was ... more...

    Lee Etta Smith 12/17/2009 Lee Etta Smith passed away December 13, 2009. Announcements later. (Stewart & Calhoun, 330-535-1543) more...

    Mable C. Coleman 12/16/2009 Mable C. Coleman, 70, of Randolph, died Tuesday, December 15, 2009. Arrangements to be announced by Shorts-Spicer-Crislip Funeral Home Ravenna Chapel. more...

    Dennis E. Combs 12/16/2009 Dennis E. Combs, 60, passed away on December 14, 2009.He was born in Parsons, W. Va. on March 11, 1949 to the late William and Ollie Combs. Dennis retired from Anderson-DuBose in Solon after 25 yea... more...

    Marjorie Mae Carmany 12/16/2009 Marjorie Mae Carmany, 91 passed away Sunday, December 13, 2009, surrounded by family, after declining health.Funeral service THURSDAY 11 a.m. at the Swigart-Easterling Funeral Home, 624 East Cherry... more...

    Chailendra D. Walker 12/16/2009 Chailendra D. Walker, (Lynn), 41, was called home to be with the Lord December 12, 2009.A memorial service will be Saturday, Dec. 19, at Pavilion of Praise, 976 W. Waterloo Rd. more...

    I know, many of these lived much longer, perhaps fuller lives than Henry. Nonetheless, this is to simply demonstrate that the death of a "celebrity" is in reality no more mournful than the death of all these people

  • @riffer-x said:

    Settle down tough guy. It is well documented what an idiot he was. Of course people like you overreact to something and read much more into it. Are you all concerned right now over the local east Clevelander that just died today? Doubt it. Just cuz this dude played pro ball doesn't exclude him from what is expected of decent societal behavior. Never said I was happy about it, but I prefer to mourn the loss of our military personnel, my loved ones and friends and even those types of the ilk that Sowell killed. This guy was handed a plate of gold and pissed all over it most of his life (or at least playing career). I certainly feel for his family and all that, but I'm not going to lose sleep over someone like Chris Henry dying by being a complete idiot. I also have a friend whose kid lived in the same dorm as those two at WV. I know more than you think.

    Let the moral onslaught begin. Give me some more of Timmy Couch Tough Guy.

    I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

    No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

    I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

    So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

    Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

    Just my opinion,

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @cowsrus said:

    I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

    No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

    I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

    So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

    Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

    Just my opinion,

    Heidi

    Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

    Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

    I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

    Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

  • @cowsrus said:

    I don't think he's overreacting at all. I don't think he is saying what he said just because the guy played pro ball. His life was as important as anyone's including the local east Clevelander who died today or anyday. It was life cut short.

    No matter if he was a jerk to the highest degree or not or was an upstanding person who was held in higher esteem, he was only 26 years old and could have written new chapters in his life. None of us is perfect. We have all done things that were not right or that have hurt someone. He made a ton of wrong choices but is to say he could not have changed? Younger people than him have died for no reason or over the dumbest reasons. Who are we to judge? Even God doesn't judge a man until he dies.

    I also mourn the loss of military personel and my loved ones. I lost my own Mother just a few months ago and I know his family is hurting right now. My prayers go out to them.

    So no one is saying that you have to lose sleep over this man because your thoughts on him are he was a complete idiot. None of us were there. We don't know what really happened. We didn't know him personally and none of us have walked in his shoes. People often make wrong decisions when the suddenly famous. It's a lot of pressure and some folks handle it all the wrong way. He has paid with his life for a dumb decision that I'm pretty sure he didn't think of the concequences of his actions.

    Riffer, I am not trying to argue or trash you in any way, I just want you to see that no matter what your opinion of him is, no one deserves to die for being an idiot or making an impulsive decision. It's just a matter of respect for a human life.

    Just my opinion,

    Heidi

    Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

    Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

    I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

    Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by Cowsrus
    #57

    @riffer-x said:

    Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

    Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

    I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

    Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

    I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

    Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

    I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

    Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

    This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

    I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

    Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

    Heidi

  • K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Well said, Heidi.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Damn, I was going to post about how Chris Henry used to kill the Browns. I think I'll drop it.

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Terrible !! God help them all.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Settle down tough guy. It is well documented what an idiot he was. Of course people like you overreact to something and read much more into it. Are you all concerned right now over the local east Clevelander that just died today? Doubt it. Just cuz this dude played pro ball doesn't exclude him from what is expected of decent societal behavior. Never said I was happy about it, but I prefer to mourn the loss of our military personnel, my loved ones and friends and even those types of the ilk that Sowell killed. This guy was handed a plate of gold and pissed all over it most of his life (or at least playing career). I certainly feel for his family and all that, but I'm not going to lose sleep over someone like Chris Henry dying by being a complete idiot. I also have a friend whose kid lived in the same dorm as those two at WV. I know more than you think.

    Let the moral onslaught begin. Give me some more of Timmy Couch Tough Guy.

    So, when somebody calls you out for being a complete xxxx, they're all of a sudden an "internet tough guy"? What happened to just being a decent human being? The guy was a dick in college, and early in his career, yes. Guess what, a lot of people are dicks when they are young. Ray Lewis was indicted for murder, yet he's one of the greatest contributors to charities in the NFL. Also happens to be a fantastic football player. When he dies, are you just going to say that he "led a peice of shit life"? I guess, in your eyes, once you make a mistake, you're tagged for the rest of your life. I happen to have met Chris Henry on two seperate occasions, and the kid was not like the media portrayed him as. He wasn't some flashy "thug", he was just a kid. Just because a person wasn't a Bible-thumping Christian doesn't mean they shouldn't be missed. As for the local east-Clevelander... I can feel for him too. I don't reserve a spot in my heart for only one person that dies at a time.

    When I was eight years old, I stole baseball cards from my best friend. Did I live a "peice of shit life", too? Or did I just live a peice of shit life because I don't agree with you 100%? I guess that makes me a "tough guy", and a bully. Say whatever you want to say to validate yourself in your own mind, you're a piece of shit yourself.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So, when somebody calls you out for being a complete xxxx, they're all of a sudden an "internet tough guy"? What happened to just being a decent human being? The guy was a dick in college, and early in his career, yes. Guess what, a lot of people are dicks when they are young. Ray Lewis was indicted for murder, yet he's one of the greatest contributors to charities in the NFL. Also happens to be a fantastic football player. When he dies, are you just going to say that he "led a peice of shit life"? I guess, in your eyes, once you make a mistake, you're tagged for the rest of your life. I happen to have met Chris Henry on two seperate occasions, and the kid was not like the media portrayed him as. He wasn't some flashy "thug", he was just a kid. Just because a person wasn't a Bible-thumping Christian doesn't mean they shouldn't be missed. As for the local east-Clevelander... I can feel for him too. I don't reserve a spot in my heart for only one person that dies at a time.

    When I was eight years old, I stole baseball cards from my best friend. Did I live a "peice of shit life", too? Or did I just live a peice of shit life because I don't agree with you 100%? I guess that makes me a "tough guy", and a bully. Say whatever you want to say to validate yourself in your own mind, you're a piece of shit yourself.

    well said ...

  • @riffer-x said:

    Great points. Notice you did that without coming out and calling me all kinds of nasty stuff like Timmy Todd and hurting my wittle feelings. It is my opinion, that's all it is. I never said I was happy the kid died, period, but I know human nature. Human nature is to go along with the herd to make oneself look good. Timmy Todd couldn't wait to jump on that carousel, it made his day to prop up his self esteem morally by attacking me.

    Now, sit back and consider who really is the wonderful person here. He called me everything, insulted my intelligence and bragged about it. I made lighthearted remarks about effeminate actions, and those that know me and have been on the board for more than a few months know where I stand. Chris Henry could have easily been in prison and probably should have, are we mourning the loss of prisoners daily?

    I respect your opinions, and as you can see once I broke the ice others felt the same way.

    Salem witch trials must have been a trip.

    I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

    Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

    I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

    Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

    This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

    I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

    Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @cowsrus said:

    I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

    Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

    I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

    Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

    This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

    I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

    Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

    Heidi

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

  • @cowsrus said:

    I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

    Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

    I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

    Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

    This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

    I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

    Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

    Heidi

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @riffer-x said:

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

  • @riffer-x said:

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @cowsrus said:

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #65

    What was Chris Henry's favorite TV show?

    The Fall Guy

  • @cowsrus said:

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @riffer-x said:

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

  • @riffer-x said:

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @cowsrus said:

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

    Thank you to Heidi.