Skip to content

Bengals WR Henry has Died

The Browns Board
86 35 9.2k
  • @cowsrus said:

    I see no reason for name calling. It doesn't add anything to a discusson. And yes, I do feel bad for prisoners too. They waisted their lives and made wrong choices also. If they die, they no longer have the chance to change and to me, that is a sad thing. Reguardless of what a person does, they are still a person. I am by no mean a tree hugger or let's all get along and sing cumbyah either. If they are in prison it is most likely because they deserve it.

    Maybe Henry deserved to be in prison but that was not how his life played out. Some are in prison and are actually innocent and some that should be in there are free. As unfair as it is, that is a fact of life.

    I have been on this board for more than a few months. More like 7 or 8 years. I am not confrontational but I am a woman and am not afraid to wear my ovaries on the outside when I feel strongly enough about something to enter a conversation. So. all the you're a girl remarks and estrogen comments mean nothing to me. Men and women are predispositioned to react differently. Woman may tend to be more vocal about things and feelings but men do have some estrogen and women do have some testosterone too so caring is a common feeling and does not make a man girly just because they express feelings that come with the loss of a human life. Any human life. As I said, none of us can judge someone else.

    Whether he lived a craapy life, dumped on people or was not grateful for the chances he was given, he has now paid for it. He has been punished for a stupid decision to jump on that truck. The past can't be changed and he does not have a future anymore. Who know what he would have done. The past is a good indicator of the future but not a garuntee (SIC) of what a person will do.

    This will sound outta the blue but I agree that humor and death should not be taboo. We need humor even in tragic events. But there is a fine line between humor and downright callusness and disrespect. You say you don't understand why you shouldn't speak ill of the dead? You don't have to speak well of them either if you don't believe they deserve it but there is such a thing as if you have nothing to add then say nothing.

    I respect your opinions. We all have a right to our own. Glad you broke the ice. We all need to remember that when talking about something like this, we are all treading on thin ice.

    Sorry about the soapbox speech. Call me a girl. I am and wear it like a badge of honor. Especially as one of the very few women that post here. It aint easy sometimes.

    Heidi

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @riffer-x said:

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

  • @riffer-x said:

    I have plenty of feelings too. I also believe in accountability for one's actions. I'm going to send you a PM. I appreciate where you're coming from, I really do.

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @cowsrus said:

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #65

    What was Chris Henry's favorite TV show?

    The Fall Guy

  • @cowsrus said:

    Riffer, of course you have plenty of feelings. You're just as human as anyone here. You may have a different take on things but that is how it works. That's what make us individuals and unique. If I implied that you didn't have feelings, it was unintentional and I apologize.

    On the other side of the coin, you were poking fun at someone elses feelings and I don't think you did it with malice. Things can easily be taken the wrong way. Everyone has they're opinions and everyone thinks their way is the right way.

    I don't think you meant disrespect to human life in general but maybe of how he lived his life? The callusness and disrespectful thing was not directed at you personally. It was meant generally.

    And yes, people need to be held accountable for their actions. My take on it is that crappy living or not I don't think a person needs to pay with his life to be accountable for a dumb decision like he made. I don't think anyone said just because he died that it absolves him of everything he had done in his past. I can't speak for anyone but myself. It's just what I am getting from this whole thing.

    And as far as I know, we don't have PMs here anymore.

    Heidi

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @riffer-x said:

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

  • @riffer-x said:

    I sent you and Kathy both one. I thought we could send them as mods even to those that aren't admin. Send me your email to [email protected] if you don't get it.

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @cowsrus said:

    I did get it. Surprised it came through but I got it. And it's appreciated.

    Heidi

    Thank you to Heidi.

  • F flipflop wrote on last edited by
    #68

    I read a report that said a gun was found at the scene.

  • I read a report that said a gun was found at the scene.

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @flipflop said:

    I read a report that said a gun was found at the scene.

    Unbelievable! I can't believe a guy like Chris Henry would own a gun. I'm certain he has a permit for it so it shouldn't be an issue. I also heard they found garbage bags full of dollar bills labeled "make it rain money." He must have been holding them for a friend.

  • A andre30102 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    im sorry but a man has died sure he had a past we all do, nobody is a saint but i truly believe he was a good hearted guy.

    anybody mocking this situation is a true piece of shit. A man with three children that will never have there father present in their life just passed, and your making gun jokes and what not. Please grow up

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #71

    I think its time for half of this board to just grow up.

  • im sorry but a man has died sure he had a past we all do, nobody is a saint but i truly believe he was a good hearted guy.

    anybody mocking this situation is a true piece of shit. A man with three children that will never have there father present in their life just passed, and your making gun jokes and what not. Please grow up

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @andre30102 said:

    im sorry but a man has died sure he had a past we all do, nobody is a saint but i truly believe he was a good hearted guy.

    anybody mocking this situation is a true piece of shit. A man with three children that will never have there father present in their life just passed, and your making gun jokes and what not. Please grow up

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

  • @andre30102 said:

    im sorry but a man has died sure he had a past we all do, nobody is a saint but i truly believe he was a good hearted guy.

    anybody mocking this situation is a true piece of shit. A man with three children that will never have there father present in their life just passed, and your making gun jokes and what not. Please grow up

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
    #73

    @kosar_for_president said:

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

    it's always funny until someone you love passes away. don't think it can't happen to one of your friends or someone in your family and if it does, you'll remember this sick moment where you made fun of another human beings death. you are one cold hearted individual.

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by Cowsrus
    #74

    I'm going to try and do this without name calling or lowering myself to the level of some people here. This is not directed at everyone either. Just those that appearently think that thry are ssooo morally superior than the rest of us mortals who make mistakes and have faults. So superior that they can make jokes about guns, and favorite movies like Fallen and other distasteful and tacky comments.

    I want to know what it's like up there on your high horses. What is it like in your world that cruel and disrespectful comments are considered cute or funny? When in your life did someone tell you that you are better than others. So much so that you have the right to judge other people because you are so much better than someone who you veiw as someone who's life has no value or so little value that it's okay to make fun of a situation like this. I wonder if his Mother or children heard these jokes, how hard would they be laughing at your oh so clever comments. Do you have any idea how these children will feel next week when they go to their Father's funeral? There's a Merry Christmas for ya huh? Maybe you'd like to see the look on his Mother's face when she found out that her son was dead. I can tell you how that feels because I have heard twice that a child of mine was dead. So I'm not just blowing smoke out of my butt.

    I think the comments and total disrespect for a human life that you have shown is disgusting. If you had any class or sense of decency you would know that. You have shown ignorance to the highest degree. I say ignorance because you obviously don't know any better. If you do know better than that makes you stupid. In that case there is no hope for you. Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever. That's not name calling, that's the truth. If I wanted to name call, mouthbreather comes to mind.

    It must be so nice to sit up there on your high horses judging and condeming and making fun of someone who no longer can defend himself. If your slate is clean, you can throw stones, if it's not then leave him alone. He only has to answer to one being and I have news for you, you're not it. He will account for all of his all to human faults just like the rest of us.

    To anyone I offended with this, I apologize. If you're one of those that are making the rude, inappropriate crap ladden, hate filled, assinine, immoral comments, I make no apologies. You probably can't hear me from way up there anyway. Even if you can, tough. You have no feeling to be hurt.

    Heidi

  • C Crow wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Yeah, Steeler fans have no class. 🙄

  • I'm going to try and do this without name calling or lowering myself to the level of some people here. This is not directed at everyone either. Just those that appearently think that thry are ssooo morally superior than the rest of us mortals who make mistakes and have faults. So superior that they can make jokes about guns, and favorite movies like Fallen and other distasteful and tacky comments.

    I want to know what it's like up there on your high horses. What is it like in your world that cruel and disrespectful comments are considered cute or funny? When in your life did someone tell you that you are better than others. So much so that you have the right to judge other people because you are so much better than someone who you veiw as someone who's life has no value or so little value that it's okay to make fun of a situation like this. I wonder if his Mother or children heard these jokes, how hard would they be laughing at your oh so clever comments. Do you have any idea how these children will feel next week when they go to their Father's funeral? There's a Merry Christmas for ya huh? Maybe you'd like to see the look on his Mother's face when she found out that her son was dead. I can tell you how that feels because I have heard twice that a child of mine was dead. So I'm not just blowing smoke out of my butt.

    I think the comments and total disrespect for a human life that you have shown is disgusting. If you had any class or sense of decency you would know that. You have shown ignorance to the highest degree. I say ignorance because you obviously don't know any better. If you do know better than that makes you stupid. In that case there is no hope for you. Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever. That's not name calling, that's the truth. If I wanted to name call, mouthbreather comes to mind.

    It must be so nice to sit up there on your high horses judging and condeming and making fun of someone who no longer can defend himself. If your slate is clean, you can throw stones, if it's not then leave him alone. He only has to answer to one being and I have news for you, you're not it. He will account for all of his all to human faults just like the rest of us.

    To anyone I offended with this, I apologize. If you're one of those that are making the rude, inappropriate crap ladden, hate filled, assinine, immoral comments, I make no apologies. You probably can't hear me from way up there anyway. Even if you can, tough. You have no feeling to be hurt.

    Heidi

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #76

    @cowsrus said:

    To anyone I offended with this, I apologize. If you're one of those that are making the rude, inappropriate crap ladden, hate filled, assinine, immoral comments, I make no apologies. You probably can't hear me from way up there anyway. Even if you can, tough. You have no feeling to be hurt.

    Heidi

    Well, I'll just say it's sad- and I don't think it's fair to judge Chris Henry on what he was. I haven't forgotten that a Cincinnati judge once called him "a one man crime wave". People can, and do turn their lives around after bad starts. Looks like that's what CH was doing.

    And to those that say so what? You're just trivializing death. Well it wasn't me, or some one I know, people die all the time. And just like the soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan, there's three young kids that don't have a dad. Put yourself in his fiancee's shoes for a second- imagine how she must feel- I got honked off and accidentally killed the guy I was going to marry.

    Was Henry's live worth more than Joe Blow's down the street simply because he could run like a gazelle and catch a football? Nope, but face it only major celebs get national news when they bite it.

    Did he make a big mistake jumping in the back of a pickup truck when the driver was seriously POed at him? Certainly. But sometimes people have even worse lapses in judgment, and live to tell about it.

    I think it's pretty ironic Henry would probably still be alive if he hadn't broken his arm- or if he was wearing a football helmet. RIP Chris.

  • @andre30102 said:

    im sorry but a man has died sure he had a past we all do, nobody is a saint but i truly believe he was a good hearted guy.

    anybody mocking this situation is a true piece of shit. A man with three children that will never have there father present in their life just passed, and your making gun jokes and what not. Please grow up

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @kosar_for_president said:

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

    I hope you die from asphyxiation by Rosie O' Donell.

    Your such a queef.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Be careful, you may have your manhood questioned.

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    Not funny, not cool to speak ill of the dead.

    Not funny or cool but let's keep this in perspective here, this guy was a moron ten times over and led a piece of shit life that is well documented. I can only begin to imagine what him and Pacman behaved like daily in their dorm room together, but I'm sure part of it consisted of picking on any and every white boy they came in contact with.

    People all over the world die everyday, it's life. I'm not going to get all choked up over someone like Chris Henry, who BTW, was doing something totally typical of his moron self.....even after he supposedly changed his life around.

    Keep it in perspective folks.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @riffer-x said:

    Not funny or cool but let's keep this in perspective here, this guy was a moron ten times over and led a piece of shit life that is well documented. I can only begin to imagine what him and Pacman behaved like daily in their dorm room together, but I'm sure part of it consisted of picking on any and every white boy they came in contact with.

    People all over the world die everyday, it's life. I'm not going to get all choked up over someone like Chris Henry, who BTW, was doing something totally typical of his moron self.....even after he supposedly changed his life around.

    Keep it in perspective folks.

    I'm gonna go where Jerry Springer wouldn't. Riff's getting really misunderstood because if you've been here long enough - he's led a fund raising campaign for a kid that died of an unfortunate inherited heart ailment that never went detected until an autopsy. That's not the portrayal of an indecent human folks. It ain't!

    FWIW, my take: it's too bad the young man (Henry) died whether he was troubled or perfect. From what I've read about Henry was he easily had alot more likable qualities than Pac Man Jones. Pac Man was a jerk while Henry just seemed to lack smarts. NONE of Pac Man's former teammates liked him while seemingly ALL the Bengals and their coaches LIKED the guy. That at least tells me there's more to the guy than the press ever wanted us to see.

    There's some substance to what Riff says in the sense that Henry had countless chances to change his life around before he made his last bad decision. That said, not every kid that grew up in a hood without role models goes from poor to great role model the millisecond they sign their first big money contract. Some turn it around - some never change their inner wiring or a festered chip on the shulder if you will. They could care less what WHITE America, never living in their shoes the first 18 years of life, thinks of them. Anyone see ESPN's special documentary about he Miami Hurricanes that followed the Heisman Trophy Presentation? It gave far better insight to this type of thing I'm speaking of. If you saw it - you'll get it. If you didn't - don't worry about it.

    - Tom F.

  • S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by Speedyd900rr
    #80

    Incase nobody seen it here is his fiance's myspace link http://www.myspace.com/imsoso704 She talks about putting the deposit down for the wedding pictures and paying the rings off. She also mentions her kids.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    What's Chris Henry's favorite movie?

    Fallen.

    it's always funny until someone you love passes away. don't think it can't happen to one of your friends or someone in your family and if it does, you'll remember this sick moment where you made fun of another human beings death. you are one cold hearted individual.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
    #81

    @sj_browns said:

    it's always funny until someone you love passes away. don't think it can't happen to one of your friends or someone in your family and if it does, you'll remember this sick moment where you made fun of another human beings death. you are one cold hearted individual.

    Yep, mom, brother (actually I think I posted here when he died), 2 aunts died in the last 2 years. 1 aunt and 2 cousins (at the same time) both sets of grand parents, step sister died in the last 4 years.

    Trust me my friend, many people cope with death in different ways. And my way of coping is not the same as yours makes me a bad person? And SJ, I am not making fun of his death, I am making fun of his life. Feel free to make fun of me when I go, don't worry I won't be upset because I know it is not the end of the journey.

  • Incase nobody seen it here is his fiance's myspace link http://www.myspace.com/imsoso704 She talks about putting the deposit down for the wedding pictures and paying the rings off. She also mentions her kids.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Incase nobody seen it here is his fiance's myspace link http://www.myspace.com/imsoso704 She talks about putting the deposit down for the wedding pictures and paying the rings off. She also mentions her kids.

    I tried to read it, but it was in some foreign language?