Skip to content

After today, there is no question about our #1 pick

The Browns Board
15 13 1.3k
  • N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Alex Mack has continued to get better each week. Today, was the crowning achievement of a promising rookie year. I want those of you who DVR'ed or taped this game to go back and look at the game our center had today.

    You will be amazed and excited because of his play. He owned the line of scrimmage today and was the key man on countless runs by Harrison.

    If Jerome isn't a flash in the pan, this could be a dominant rushing team in 2010.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Mack is going to be something to behold as a run blocker ,he is a one man wrecking crew and only going to get better...injuries are the achilles heel for jerome...

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Amen-

    He was awesome today.

  • F flipflop wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Give credit to vickers .....he is playing like a man possessed.

  • Give credit to vickers .....he is playing like a man possessed.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @flipflop said:

    Give credit to vickers .....he is playing like a man possessed.

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

  • Amen-

    He was awesome today.

    P peterbell wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @earl34 said:

    Amen-

    He was awesome today.

    Not the sexy pick but Big Mack was blowing people off the ball..badly.

    Its not high school no one gets pancaked..moving a guy 2 yds off the ball

    is good and Mack had his guy 6-7 yds downfield..plus you ever watch him

    block downfield...awesome.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    He also had a key block on Cribbs' second return for the TD

  • @flipflop said:

    Give credit to vickers .....he is playing like a man possessed.

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @vaportrail said:

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

  • @vaportrail said:

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    I have a confession to make....I cheered a little when St. Clair went down. The dude is straight terrible and I really REALLY hope he is no more than a backup next season. I hate seeing anyone get hurt, but if it makes our team better I suppose I can live with it.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    I have a confession to make....I cheered a little when St. Clair went down. The dude is straight terrible and I really REALLY hope he is no more than a backup next season. I hate seeing anyone get hurt, but if it makes our team better I suppose I can live with it.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @blowe said:

    I have a confession to make....I cheered a little when St. Clair went down. The dude is straight terrible and I really REALLY hope he is no more than a backup next season. I hate seeing anyone get hurt, but if it makes our team better I suppose I can live with it.

    Yeah, I'm the same way. I hate to cheer when a player gets injured, but that honestly seemed like the only way he was getting off the field. He's no good, I guarantee I could block better. I'm thinking of marching myself up to Cleveland and lobbying for a tryout.

    (I'm only half kidding)

  • @vaportrail said:

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    Not sure who was at tackle...I know Womack started...but I think that was at guard.

    No doubt mack is starting to find his NFL feet.

    I think we have a shot at winning the last 2 games, which would be great. Doing so would probably then take Berry out of reach if we are sitting at pick #5...so that leave open the possibility we pluck a top RT with the first pick, which I think would be great.

    That one pick would improve our backs, qb, and receivers.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'm really excited about the way our offense played too, but let's not forget that we were playing the cheifs. If we had done this against the Vikings we could celebrate

  • @vaportrail said:

    This. This a thousand times.

    I don't recall him laying anyone out today, but he was moving bodies and was the key to Harrison's success.

    Also, how about us running on the right side of our line? Kudos to them.

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's because St. Clair rode the pine today. We need to keep the front five we had today for the rest of the season. Was it Fraley and Hadnot on the right today?

    Every play you see Fraley still churning his legs. St. Clair is horrible.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #14

    when St. Clair went down Womack moved out to tackle and Fraley came in at guard

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #15

    fraley went in to RG....womack slid out to RT. i was a bit worried about womack on the edge, but he held his own. against a good LOLB, he may get beat by quickness. a big improvement nevertheless....