Great now quinn to IR
-
I noticed when watching the game the announcers commented that Brady "pulled up" after that long run. It sounded like he was hurt but they never mentioned it after that play. I'm just surprised it took this long to mention it again. Maybe he thought it was something minor and hoped it would just get better on its own.
-
The Last time Derek Anderson faced the Raiders he was 18-of-37 for 248-yrds, 1TD, 2-INT's, with 2 rushes for 12 yrds and a Rushing TD.
The Last time Charlie Frye played against the Browns he started for them going 4-of-10 for 34yrds, 1-INT, fumbles and 5-sacks before being put on a plane to Seattle on the next flight out of town.
-
That's why Queen hasn't been doing well this year. His foot has affected his accuracy. Like last year when he sucked Vs Houston and Buffalo because of his pinky.
-
Im starting to think Mangini is just giving Ratliff a paycheck for doing nothing. Kind of like a family favor. Why would you start DA knowing he sucks when you have Ratliff who also sucks but hasnt played a down in a regular season game to show everyone how bad he sucks. I would much rather see Cribbs and Ratliff qb then Anderson to be honest.
I would much rather see Cribbs and Ratliff qb then Anderson to be honest.
This...
Also, I don't think Quinn has injury problems. If you go back and watch that play where he got his foot gets tweeked, it's pretty gross. I thought for sure he was injured. I had almost that exact thing happen to me in High School (guy coming in from behind and landing goofy) I waited two days to go get x-rays. Though I just rolled it....No dice. Snapped two tendons and I now have 4 screws and a plate holding my left ankle together... You just can't land on bones like that. Doesn't matter who you are
-
-
Seriously thinking about taking the Raiders for my elimination pool now...
-
-
-
Coming soon to Cleveland in 2010
Quarterback Controversy III
the trailer is yet to be written.
Will we get this in blue ray?
Coming soon to Cleveland in 2010
Quarterback Controversy III
the trailer is yet to be written.
Will we get this in blue ray?
Here's your trailer:
....Coming to a half empty stadium near you...........
In a world where no man can do the job. Where the common fan looks for off the field positives. And coaches flip coins and have "gut feelings". Comes the next installement in the QB saga. From the people that brought you "The fumble, The Drive, The Stantion, and "Keep your helmet on" comes the next chapter of media frenzied BS.......
DA vs. QUINN
Episode III, the final comparison.
Will DA throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs and reignite the passion of the fan-base? Will Brady get weights thrown at his head? Will the Browns' most current coach finally dump both of them? You'll find out this weekend!!!
Is it the Raiders? Is it the Jaguars? Or could it be.........The DA!!!!
-
yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something
yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something
durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....
way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....
-
Mangini: heard your foot was sore.
Quinn: no coach, I'm fine I can play!
Mangini: Yeeeeah. Well kid, the front office crunched some numbers with your contract and we are putting you on IR
Quinn: What?!?! That isn't fair! I'm the golden boy! I deserve that cash!
Mangini: you were 10-17 for 66 yards last week.
Quinn: ...
Mangini: Well DA, you get the start next week against the Raiders.
Anderson: What'd you say coach? I was just thinking about potatoes. you can fry them, you can mash them, you can bake them....
Secretary: Excuse me Coach Mangini, I have Mike Holmgren on the line, he wants to talk to you about some "concerns."
Mangini:

-
It's a conspiracy.
We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).
So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.
Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.
-
thank god there's fantasy football!!!
-
-
Zombo said:
DA will light it up for 700 yards and 6 TDs in two wins just to confuse everybody again.Zombo
I thought this before I scrolled down to this post.
-
It's a conspiracy.
We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).
So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.
Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.
It's a conspiracy.
We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).
So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.
Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.
I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.
-
-
yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something
durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....
way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....
durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....
way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....
Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?
-
-
What was common with Holmgren when he was in Seattle? He loved strong armed Quarterbacks.
I know it sucks to have Quinn out, but maybe there's a silver lining in this. You know, maybe Holmgren wanted a look at Anderson.
Or maybe I just have been smoking too a little too much Mary Jane.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

