Skip to content

Great now quinn to IR

The Browns Board
78 35 4.0k
  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #35

    I would say its anderception time but if he throws one pick daboll will make him keep it on the ground so instead i will say..ITS JH/JC TIME BABY! Lets hope dumbo gets lucky again and can run ,run ,run to another win..😉

  • One word. Cribbs.

    LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @bonedawg said:

    One word. Cribbs.

    Now would be the best time to see if Cribbs can play under center. What have we got to lose?

  • Coming soon to Cleveland in 2010

    Quarterback Controversy III

    the trailer is yet to be written.

    Will we get this in blue ray?

    mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mr.-t said:

    Coming soon to Cleveland in 2010

    Quarterback Controversy III

    the trailer is yet to be written.

    Will we get this in blue ray?

    Here's your trailer:

    ....Coming to a half empty stadium near you...........

    In a world where no man can do the job. Where the common fan looks for off the field positives. And coaches flip coins and have "gut feelings". Comes the next installement in the QB saga. From the people that brought you "The fumble, The Drive, The Stantion, and "Keep your helmet on" comes the next chapter of media frenzied BS.......

    DA vs. QUINN

    Episode III, the final comparison.

    Will DA throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs and reignite the passion of the fan-base? Will Brady get weights thrown at his head? Will the Browns' most current coach finally dump both of them? You'll find out this weekend!!!

    Is it the Raiders? Is it the Jaguars? Or could it be.........The DA!!!!

  • yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something

    yosemitejamY yosemitejam wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @peterbell said:

    yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Mangini: heard your foot was sore.

    Quinn: no coach, I'm fine I can play!

    Mangini: Yeeeeah. Well kid, the front office crunched some numbers with your contract and we are putting you on IR

    Quinn: What?!?! That isn't fair! I'm the golden boy! I deserve that cash!

    Mangini: you were 10-17 for 66 yards last week.

    Quinn: ...

    Mangini: Well DA, you get the start next week against the Raiders.

    Anderson: What'd you say coach? I was just thinking about potatoes. you can fry them, you can mash them, you can bake them....

    Secretary: Excuse me Coach Mangini, I have Mike Holmgren on the line, he wants to talk to you about some "concerns."

    Mangini: 😐

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #40

    It's a conspiracy.

    We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).

    So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.

    Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #41

    thank god there's fantasy football!!!

  • JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Lets hope DA lights it up and raises his trade value. lol

    Besides DA can hand off as well as Quinn. They both suck!!!

    For gods sake lets get a quarterback and stop worrying about either of these losers.

    In Holmgren I trust.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Zombo said:

    DA will light it up for 700 yards and 6 TDs in two wins just to confuse everybody again.

    Zombo

    I thought this before I scrolled down to this post.

  • It's a conspiracy.

    We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).

    So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.

    Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's a conspiracy.

    We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).

    So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.

    Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.

    I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #45

    "Now I'm done!"....

    had to say that

  • @peterbell said:

    yeah..he fell all clumsy like..was def limping running back to the huddle..Next play JH breaks it for the TD and the offense never comes back..Here ya go DA..show us something

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

    T trodgers wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @yosemitejam said:

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

  • "Now I'm done!"....

    had to say that

    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @blowe said:

    "Now I'm done!"....

    had to say that

    😆

  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by dawgpound3
    #48

    What was common with Holmgren when he was in Seattle? He loved strong armed Quarterbacks.

    I know it sucks to have Quinn out, but maybe there's a silver lining in this. You know, maybe Holmgren wanted a look at Anderson.

    Or maybe I just have been smoking too a little too much Mary Jane.

  • J Jantz2086 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    I was a firm believer that BQ was going to be the QB that's sticks. I admit my wrongs. I have a strong, strong feeling neither QB will be on the roster next year. It's going to be an interesting offseason, guys.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @trodgers said:

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    ummm.. placed on IR last year after 3 starts......

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Anybody that still needs to get a look at DA isn't qualified to be in the league in any capacity. There is a little thing called film that is chock full of the guy not being able to complete short to intermediate routes to save his life.

    Anderson needs to be a done topic in Cleveland, unfortunately this just brings his name back to the forefront. It would make much more sense to take a look at Ratliff to see if he is capable. Two starts is enough time to see if he has what it takes to be a viable backup.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #52

    It does seem that Quinn is fragile. Last year the broken pinky, this year a foot injury. With all them muscles, he ain't very tough in the trenches. Anderson just plain sucks, having him in there we might as well forfeit the game, unless he has one of his 2007 games. With our luck, that will happen, and another controversy next spring. 🙄 I imagine Lumberg must have gotten a twitter from DA that he will be starting. Merry Christmas Lummy!

  • A Alendor wrote on last edited by
    #53

    its not an issue of him being fragile, anyone would be injured after what happened to him. same with last years injury.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I can't wait to see Ole Horseballs light it up again .... Can't wait until Sunday, get this darn Christmas crap out of the way!