Skip to content

Great now quinn to IR

The Browns Board
78 35 4.0k
  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I can't wait to see Ole Horseballs light it up again .... Can't wait until Sunday, get this darn Christmas crap out of the way!

  • What was common with Holmgren when he was in Seattle? He loved strong armed Quarterbacks.

    I know it sucks to have Quinn out, but maybe there's a silver lining in this. You know, maybe Holmgren wanted a look at Anderson.

    Or maybe I just have been smoking too a little too much Mary Jane.

    DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @dawgpound3 said:

    What was common with Holmgren when he was in Seattle? He loved strong armed Quarterbacks.

    I know it sucks to have Quinn out, but maybe there's a silver lining in this. You know, maybe Holmgren wanted a look at Anderson.

    Or maybe I just have been smoking too a little too much Mary Jan

    I'm thinking Holmgren wants to see DA too. Realizes the team had LOTS of non-Qb troubles earlier and now they're improving.... wants to see if DA looks better now that the team has a clue.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Yeah, word has it Holmgren can make DA accurate and smart.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    What was common with Holmgren when he was in Seattle? He loved strong armed Quarterbacks.

    I know it sucks to have Quinn out, but maybe there's a silver lining in this. You know, maybe Holmgren wanted a look at Anderson.

    Or maybe I just have been smoking too a little too much Mary Jan

    I'm thinking Holmgren wants to see DA too. Realizes the team had LOTS of non-Qb troubles earlier and now they're improving.... wants to see if DA looks better now that the team has a clue.

    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    I'm thinking Holmgren wants to see DA too. Realizes the team had LOTS of non-Qb troubles earlier and now they're improving.... wants to see if DA looks better now that the team has a clue.

    I agree. I watched Anderson at the first steeler game. He wasn't bad. He was putting the ball in the right places, people just kept dropping the xxxxing ball...

  • I'm just sad to see Quinn's storybook break-out season cut short by a foot injury. Now we'll never know what could have been in 2009 for him.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @bonedawg said:

    I'm just sad to see Quinn's storybook break-out season cut short by a foot injury. Now we'll never know what could have been in 2009 for him.

    Oh My God Really Dude storybook. You've got to go

  • @bonedawg said:

    I'm just sad to see Quinn's storybook break-out season cut short by a foot injury. Now we'll never know what could have been in 2009 for him.

    Oh My God Really Dude storybook. You've got to go

    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @cdl15 said:

    Oh My God Really Dude storybook. You've got to go

    Main Entry: sar·casm

    Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\

    Function: noun

    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

    2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

  • Yeah, word has it Holmgren can make DA accurate and smart.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @riffer-x said:

    Yeah, word has it Holmgren can make DA accurate and smart.

    Believe it or not douche alot of DA's negatives are very coachable You can't teach deepthrowing power and accuarcy which are his positives. Remember he has proved he can make every throw and has made every throw a professional can make.

    Don't have to get a hard on everytime he completes a pass over 15 yrs like we do when fragile ass Brady does.

    You don't want to root for the QB thats playing go root for someone else

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's a conspiracy.

    We were looking at possibly the number one draft pick before we played the Steelers, and that draft pick could have gone a long way. Either we pick up Donkey Kong, or were sitting on a buttload of trade bait because somebody definitely wants him. But then Quinn beats Pittsburgh. Mangini figures, okay... I can deal with this, as long as we don't win anymore. Then Quinn beats KC. Now people are talking about winning out and Mangini gets scared. What good is it going to do if we go 5-11? Draft wise, it does nothing. Mangini feels he is probably keeping his job either way, after talking to Holmgren. So winning out isn't very beneficial to him or us. It knocks us out of some pretty heavy trade bait, that's about all. And you know Mangini is a first round trader, he hasn't had too much success with his first picks (aside from Alex Mack, who was part of trading back).

    So Mangini throws Quinn on IR, and hopes Anderson can lead us to two straight losses. This way, it cements Quinn's future in Cleveland, as well as proves DA isn't our man. But what if we still win out? What if DA throws for 500 yards, 6 TDs and 1 INT in our next two games combined? Then what? Well, DA garners some trade value, that's what. But, at the same time, DA proves that he has the ability to win games, albeit against bad teams. So what do I expect? I expect DA to come in and hand the ball off, hand the ball off, hand the ball off. But that's just me.

    Granted, last night I called this entire predicament with my friends. I literally said "DA is going to get the start against Oakland, just so he can xxxx over Charlie Frye yet again. BQ is going to be "hurt", so he can't play". Call me Nostradamus.

    I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @atenears said:

    I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Yeah, word has it Holmgren can make DA accurate and smart.

    Believe it or not douche alot of DA's negatives are very coachable You can't teach deepthrowing power and accuarcy which are his positives. Remember he has proved he can make every throw and has made every throw a professional can make.

    Don't have to get a hard on everytime he completes a pass over 15 yrs like we do when fragile ass Brady does.

    You don't want to root for the QB thats playing go root for someone else

    A Alendor wrote on last edited by Alendor
    #62

    @cdl15 said:

    accuarcy, which are his positives.

    hahahahahahahah

    share the drugs man, they must be top notch

  • @atenears said:

    I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

    I give all the love in the world to JC, Cribbs and Jennings. They're not the ones who are being put on IR and replaced by their terrible backups, though.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Yeah, word has it Holmgren can make DA accurate and smart.

    Believe it or not douche alot of DA's negatives are very coachable You can't teach deepthrowing power and accuarcy which are his positives. Remember he has proved he can make every throw and has made every throw a professional can make.

    Don't have to get a hard on everytime he completes a pass over 15 yrs like we do when fragile ass Brady does.

    You don't want to root for the QB thats playing go root for someone else

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @cdl15 said:

    Believe it or not douche alot of DA's negatives are very coachable You can't teach deepthrowing power and accuarcy which are his positives. Remember he has proved he can make every throw and has made every throw a professional can make.

    Don't have to get a hard on everytime he completes a pass over 15 yrs like we do when fragile ass Brady does.

    You don't want to root for the QB thats playing go root for someone else

    So who have you been rooting for these past couple of weeks, then? Buffalo?

  • @cdl15 said:

    accuarcy, which are his positives.

    hahahahahahahah

    share the drugs man, they must be top notch

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @alendor said:

    hahahahahahahah

    share the drugs man, they must be top notch

    Playing Devil's Advocate, the Browns have dropped a crap load of passes in the first 10 weeks. Many where off the mark, but many were spot on. I just want the best guy in there. I think it's going to be fun to watch either way.

  • @atenears said:

    I hope you step into a dark alley where the Browns O-line and RB's are just waiting to kick your ass. 179-yrds rushing against Pittsburgh and almost a single game rushing record in KC and still no love ... just more love for wonder boy.

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

    So making accurate statements about QBs who suck makes Atenears a douche? Its not like he thinks DA is a world beater...he just isn't as obsessed with some pretty boy QB who can't throw an accurate pass over 10 yards

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was waiting for someone to say this. xxxx off, Atenears. Go ride DA's meatpole some more yourself.

    So making accurate statements about QBs who suck makes Atenears a douche? Its not like he thinks DA is a world beater...he just isn't as obsessed with some pretty boy QB who can't throw an accurate pass over 10 yards

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @blowe said:

    So making accurate statements about QBs who suck makes Atenears a douche? Its not like he thinks DA is a world beater...he just isn't as obsessed with some pretty boy QB who can't throw an accurate pass over 10 yards

    No, what makes him a douche is what he said to me. I'm not obsessed with either QB, I like them both equally fine. It's just that I am sick and damn tired of watching DA flounder about in the pocket for 6-10 seconds, then throw an interception. Every time he does that, a little of me dies inside. At least Quinn was protecting the ball, up until the KC game. He wasn't putting up stellar stats, I know. But he wasn't giving the other team more opportunities to score, either. Let's face it, we're not good enough to give the other team the ball on a platter.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @trodgers said:

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    Quinn has certainly been injured before. Didn't he have a broken finger that ended his season before?

  • @blowe said:

    So making accurate statements about QBs who suck makes Atenears a douche? Its not like he thinks DA is a world beater...he just isn't as obsessed with some pretty boy QB who can't throw an accurate pass over 10 yards

    No, what makes him a douche is what he said to me. I'm not obsessed with either QB, I like them both equally fine. It's just that I am sick and damn tired of watching DA flounder about in the pocket for 6-10 seconds, then throw an interception. Every time he does that, a little of me dies inside. At least Quinn was protecting the ball, up until the KC game. He wasn't putting up stellar stats, I know. But he wasn't giving the other team more opportunities to score, either. Let's face it, we're not good enough to give the other team the ball on a platter.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's just that I am sick and damn tired of watching DA flounder about in the pocket for 6-10 seconds

    DA had 6-10 seconds? When? I think it is going to be a different story this time around. I'm with you, I am not a fan of either QB, I just want to win.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's just that I am sick and damn tired of watching DA flounder about in the pocket for 6-10 seconds

    DA had 6-10 seconds? When? I think it is going to be a different story this time around. I'm with you, I am not a fan of either QB, I just want to win.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #70

    @kosar_for_president said:

    DA had 6-10 seconds? When? I think it is going to be a different story this time around. I'm with you, I am not a fan of either QB, I just want to win.

    That is very true. It was probably more like 2-3 seconds, it just felt so long because I was waiting for the inevitable interception on each throw. I want DA to beat the shit out of Frye, I think it would be hilarious. But winning out the rest of the season essentially only hurts us. We drop down in the draft, which kills our trade potential. I'm not saying I want us to tank, I'm just stating the facts.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #71

    This is BQ's second season in a row to end up on IR...that is the beginning of a trend.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #72

    I haven't read all the replies at this point, just some, but DA with a running game could be dangerous because he can get it deep if people stuff the box..now we will see if he can manage the game and check to some running plays if the match-ups favor that style of attack.

  • @yosemitejam said:

    durabiliity has always been an issue with this candy ass.....

    way to impress the new boss with your fragility.....

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    yosemitejamY yosemitejam wrote on last edited by yosemitejam
    #73

    @trodgers said:

    Has it been? Care to cite any questions about his durability?

    don't have any questions regarding his durability however i do have an opinion based on:

    2007 missed Senior Bowl with minor knee injury (got hammered vs LSU in bowl game) (ohio state tatooed his ass preceding year)

    2008 broken index finger (throwing hand)....placed on ir after unsuccessful return

    2009 foot injury.....turf toe? ligaments? ankle? haven't seen any real details yet,,,, he hit the turf in a funny way after the 24 yard run to the sideline

    i swear i saw that his eyes had teared up on the walk back to the huddle......nobody came out to greet and ask what the dillilyo was....he was a man without an island

    i don't know maybe he needs to align himself with a mentor...i sense that he has bouts of poor self esteem that weighs heavily on his;confidence

    he needs to confront the demons that are taking him off his game.......most importantly he needs a top gun qb coach..maybe then BQ can pulll it al together