Skip to content

The West Coast Offense and the Effect on the Browns

The Browns Board
25 16 2.2k
  • @kshutchins said:

    I don't want to watch the WCO, I want to see the North Coast Offense. New, original, intimidating, and all Browns.

    Yep, that white stuff called snow and mud will slow down most west coast offenses.

    Great Point, Kathy

    @mr.-t said:

    Yep, that white stuff called snow and mud will slow down most west coast offenses.

    Great Point, Kathy

    Not necessarilly true. Short to mid range low risk passes in conditions in which the receivers know where the ball is going to be and what route to run, but the defense does not gives the offense a significant strategic advantage. All it takes is a QB who can adjust his timing and knows that the receivers are going to be slightly slowed by the conditions. The defense wouldn't have a chance.

  • A Alo

    @alendor said:

    tate is an inferior version of robo. robo has great hands and runs good routes, no need to waste a pick on tate when you can just use robo there.

    I don't see Robiskie and Tate as being very similar receivers: Robiskie's a tall possession receiver, Tate's a smaller guy with great YAC ability. Sure, both have good hands, but so do a lot of receivers.

    Another sure-handed receiver to keep an eye on is Anquan Boldin. Adam Schefter has predicted that Boldin will be traded this offseason, and Holmgren said the following on the October 16th broadcast of his radio show:

    "I think Boldin, I think - as weird as this sounds - I think Boldin's he's kind of the underrated guy. He's the one, he's the straw that stirs it up."

    (The host asks why)

    "Well, I just think he is so strong. He is so strong in his hands, he runs after the catch. He reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe when I had Sterling in Green Bay. He is tough: he's a big, strong man."

    Last year, the rumored selling price for Boldin was a 2nd round pick, so it's likely that our early 2nd would be enough to make Boldin a Brown.

    Also, it's possible that the Cardinals would be interested in Shaun Rogers, especially if they're going for one last SB run with Warner. They've got age and inconsistent younguns at nose tackle, and a three man line of Dockett, Rogers, and Campbell would be ridiculously dominant.

    So if Holmgren wants Boldin, it seems like he's got the resources to make a move.

    @alo said:

    I don't see Robiskie and Tate as being very similar receivers: Robiskie's a tall possession receiver, Tate's a smaller guy with great YAC ability. Sure, both have good hands, but so do a lot of receivers.

    Another sure-handed receiver to keep an eye on is Anquan Boldin. Adam Schefter has predicted that Boldin will be traded this offseason, and Holmgren said the following on the October 16th broadcast of his radio show:

    "I think Boldin, I think - as weird as this sounds - I think Boldin's he's kind of the underrated guy. He's the one, he's the straw that stirs it up."

    (The host asks why)

    "Well, I just think he is so strong. He is so strong in his hands, he runs after the catch. He reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe when I had Sterling in Green Bay. He is tough: he's a big, strong man."

    Last year, the rumored selling price for Boldin was a 2nd round pick, so it's likely that our early 2nd would be enough to make Boldin a Brown.

    Also, it's possible that the Cardinals would be interested in Shaun Rogers, especially if they're going for one last SB run with Warner. They've got age and inconsistent younguns at nose tackle, and a three man line of Dockett, Rogers, and Campbell would be ridiculously dominant.

    So if Holmgren wants Boldin, it seems like he's got the resources to make a move.

    Not gonna lie.

    I f-ing love Anquan Boldin.

  • A Alo

    @alendor said:

    tate is an inferior version of robo. robo has great hands and runs good routes, no need to waste a pick on tate when you can just use robo there.

    I don't see Robiskie and Tate as being very similar receivers: Robiskie's a tall possession receiver, Tate's a smaller guy with great YAC ability. Sure, both have good hands, but so do a lot of receivers.

    Another sure-handed receiver to keep an eye on is Anquan Boldin. Adam Schefter has predicted that Boldin will be traded this offseason, and Holmgren said the following on the October 16th broadcast of his radio show:

    "I think Boldin, I think - as weird as this sounds - I think Boldin's he's kind of the underrated guy. He's the one, he's the straw that stirs it up."

    (The host asks why)

    "Well, I just think he is so strong. He is so strong in his hands, he runs after the catch. He reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe when I had Sterling in Green Bay. He is tough: he's a big, strong man."

    Last year, the rumored selling price for Boldin was a 2nd round pick, so it's likely that our early 2nd would be enough to make Boldin a Brown.

    Also, it's possible that the Cardinals would be interested in Shaun Rogers, especially if they're going for one last SB run with Warner. They've got age and inconsistent younguns at nose tackle, and a three man line of Dockett, Rogers, and Campbell would be ridiculously dominant.

    So if Holmgren wants Boldin, it seems like he's got the resources to make a move.

    @alo said:

    I don't see Robiskie and Tate as being very similar receivers: Robiskie's a tall possession receiver, Tate's a smaller guy with great YAC ability. Sure, both have good hands, but so do a lot of receivers.

    Another sure-handed receiver to keep an eye on is Anquan Boldin. Adam Schefter has predicted that Boldin will be traded this offseason, and Holmgren said the following on the October 16th broadcast of his radio show:

    "I think Boldin, I think - as weird as this sounds - I think Boldin's he's kind of the underrated guy. He's the one, he's the straw that stirs it up."

    (The host asks why)

    "Well, I just think he is so strong. He is so strong in his hands, he runs after the catch. He reminds me so much of Sterling Sharpe when I had Sterling in Green Bay. He is tough: he's a big, strong man."

    Last year, the rumored selling price for Boldin was a 2nd round pick, so it's likely that our early 2nd would be enough to make Boldin a Brown.

    Also, it's possible that the Cardinals would be interested in Shaun Rogers, especially if they're going for one last SB run with Warner. They've got age and inconsistent younguns at nose tackle, and a three man line of Dockett, Rogers, and Campbell would be ridiculously dominant.

    So if Holmgren wants Boldin, it seems like he's got the resources to make a move.

    Not gonna lie.

    I f-ing love Anquan Boldin.

  • for what it's worth, i say we focus on a switch to 4-3, then add a building block or two to the offense.

    change takes time. one step at a time.

    Defense is a priority playing in our division.

    It's gotta come first.

  • Huge fan of Boldin. Highest YPG in the history of the NFL. That's serious.

    As for Robiskie and Tate, I think Tate is a crazy dynamic guy. I like Robiskie, but he isn't anywhere near the big play threat Tate is. Huge key plays all year, against every team.

    Michigan: 9-115, 2 TDs

    Michigan State: 7-127, TD

    USC: 8-117, 2 TDs

    Pitt: 9-113, TD

    Stanford: 10-201, 3 TDs

    He had no bad games on the season, and only one where he didn't score (first game of the season, vs. Nevada).