DEREK ANDERSON CAN BE THAT GUY
-
Dude......precision as one of DA's strengths? You must have been watching a different game than I was last Sunday because I saw a bunch of fastballs 5-6 feet off the mark. I wish DA was the answer, but I can not see that happening. Come on man!
Hell yeah precision, what do I have to spell it for ya?
When dude is on he's a clinic. Come on, get off BQ's nuts.
Hell yeah precision, what do I have to spell it for ya?
When dude is on he's a clinic. Come on, get off BQ's nuts.
The key isn't whether he's accurate or has precision or not.
They key is, "When". Not very often by all accounts.
You can't teach consistency. That's a psychological block.
-
Come on DA had some of the best handoffs he's had all year and he didn't fumble any snaps. I just don't get why some guys are so tough on him.
Wait a minute QweeferX, don't act like you don't know what everybody else knows:
That BRADY QUEEN IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER TO PLAY FOR THE BROWNS.
HE CHECKS DOWN LIKE NO QUARTERBACK HAS EVER CHECKED DOWN BEFORE.
PLUS HE'S SEXY.
And as Merlin pointed out in the other thread...the only reason Quinnie isn't in the Pro Bowl this year is because he overworked his biceps and they aren't as smooth and striated and baby-oiled as they once were.
*Merlin's gonna keep an eye on those guns for the group, as it is clearly vital to the future of the franchise, and at the moment the only thing standing between the Browns and multiple Super Bowls.
Wait a minute QweeferX, don't act like you don't know what everybody else knows:
That BRADY QUEEN IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER TO PLAY FOR THE BROWNS.
HE CHECKS DOWN LIKE NO QUARTERBACK HAS EVER CHECKED DOWN BEFORE.
PLUS HE'S SEXY.
And as Merlin pointed out in the other thread...the only reason Quinnie isn't in the Pro Bowl this year is because he overworked his biceps and they aren't as smooth and striated and baby-oiled as they once were.
*Merlin's gonna keep an eye on those guns for the group, as it is clearly vital to the future of the franchise, and at the moment the only thing standing between the Browns and multiple Super Bowls.
WELCOME BACK LUMNUTS LYRICS
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
-
Folks, with Homesgren coming on I firmly believe he is going to put his reputation on the line and select DA as his QB for next season. After watching film I'm sure he sees the massive arm and pocket skills the guy possesses, not to mention his unquestioned precision and game management traits. The guy gets rid of the ball quick so the oline loves him not taking sacks, another huge plus.
Think about it, all the guy needs to do is develop a better short game to go along with his rifle arm downfield and walla, we got ourselves a stud. Just get a good QB coach to work with him and he can become a dominant QB. This guy may have only been a 6th rounder, but he made the Pro Bowl for goodness sakes. Back in 2007 he went 10-5 as a starter and threw for 29 TD's, so you know Homes is looking at that Seahawks game that year as an example of how DA can light it up. He also had a very big Monday Night Game last year against the Giants,
I'd stake my rep that since DA is the guy the locker room respects (since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith) that Homes will demand whoever the coach is to make DA the unquestioned starter from day one of mini camp. Just my opinion, but my money is on Derek Anderson as the Browns QB for a long time to come.
Folks, with Homesgren coming on I firmly believe he is going to put his reputation on the line and select DA as his QB for next season. After watching film I'm sure he sees the massive arm and pocket skills the guy possesses, not to mention his unquestioned precision and game management traits. The guy gets rid of the ball quick so the oline loves him not taking sacks, another huge plus.
Think about it, all the guy needs to do is develop a better short game to go along with his rifle arm downfield and walla, we got ourselves a stud. Just get a good QB coach to work with him and he can become a dominant QB. This guy may have only been a 6th rounder, but he made the Pro Bowl for goodness sakes. Back in 2007 he went 10-5 as a starter and threw for 29 TD's, so you know Homes is looking at that Seahawks game that year as an example of how DA can light it up. He also had a very big Monday Night Game last year against the Giants,
I'd stake my rep that since DA is the guy the locker room respects (since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith) that Homes will demand whoever the coach is to make DA the unquestioned starter from day one of mini camp. Just my opinion, but my money is on Derek Anderson as the Browns QB for a long time to come.
Riff, you had me going until you laid it on a little too thick in your final paragraph. Sure, it's true that BQ got punched in the face by a teammate. It's also true that DA is undoubtedly the favorite among the coaches and his teammates. All the things that you said about his pocket skills and precision are true.
However, Shaun Smith as a leader? Homes will demand DA as unquestioned starter? Your money is one DA? Funny.
-
you dont actually watch the cleveland browns play right? you're acting like a real panocha!
-
Folks, with Homesgren coming on I firmly believe he is going to put his reputation on the line and select DA as his QB for next season. After watching film I'm sure he sees the massive arm and pocket skills the guy possesses, not to mention his unquestioned precision and game management traits. The guy gets rid of the ball quick so the oline loves him not taking sacks, another huge plus.
Think about it, all the guy needs to do is develop a better short game to go along with his rifle arm downfield and walla, we got ourselves a stud. Just get a good QB coach to work with him and he can become a dominant QB. This guy may have only been a 6th rounder, but he made the Pro Bowl for goodness sakes. Back in 2007 he went 10-5 as a starter and threw for 29 TD's, so you know Homes is looking at that Seahawks game that year as an example of how DA can light it up. He also had a very big Monday Night Game last year against the Giants,
I'd stake my rep that since DA is the guy the locker room respects (since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith) that Homes will demand whoever the coach is to make DA the unquestioned starter from day one of mini camp. Just my opinion, but my money is on Derek Anderson as the Browns QB for a long time to come.
(since Queen got punched by team leader Shaun Smith)
Thanks for the reminder that the only QB Shaun Smith ever hit in this town was a teammate in the weight room. You know the franchise is in disarray when one of the Dumbbells in the weight room starts throwing punches. The former Gamecock never had game so in the end he was just a cock.
- Tom F. (You gotta love that Savage vision: "we're gonna build through the draft as I trade away day 1 in 2008 and get rid of all but 4 picks in 2009.")
-
you dont actually watch the cleveland browns play right? you're acting like a real panocha!
you dont actually watch the cleveland browns play right? you're acting like a real panocha!
Dude, that panocha bread is the best around.
I live for that stuff, carbs be damned.
-
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!
Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.
My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..
-
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!
Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.
My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!
Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.
Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?
-
If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...
-
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!
Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.
Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?
Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.
Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?
I believe the reason is back in 2007 the way he laughed off his performance against cincy, it was a key game to making the playoffs.
Just like recently on MNF, Cutler throws an int. and runs over to the bench cutting up and laughing. Gruden called him out on national tv. You just dont do that shit man, it pisses the fans off.
-
-
If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...
If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
-
If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.
I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.
-
If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
That statement right there ought to just end this thread and all others like it.
The DA Defense rests, your honor.
-
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.
I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.
-
according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....
Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.
I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.
Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.
I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.
Riffer I understand you are being sarcastic along with filling your role on keeping posters engaged, I dont think DA is the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning by a long shot. As a Browns fan I only have TWO options BQ or DA......
I did not buy into the draft hype 3 years ago and frankly the only positive offensive production i have seen more consistently has been from DA. That does not translate into DA being a great starter, i have stated on many occasion that at the minimum he is great backup material for any team.
BQ has basically matched all of his scouting drawbacks it is what it is. I just happen to think like baseball pitching you either have the ability or you dont when it comes to relevant arm strength. BQ does not have the relevant arm strength and DA does, DA can be an idiot and does have short accuracy and touch issues. I will take the offensive production with all of the negative that DA has over zero to little offensive production that BQ brings. I always found it odd that all of the same coaching/scheme/skill player/offensive line excuses were always valid for BQ but never for DA.
I dont really like either scenario so i am choosing between the lesser of the two evils and choosing to have a positive attitude and "hope" that DA with his relative age can develop the short game.....
-
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!
Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.
My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..
Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.
My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..
1. I want to point out that it looks that there won't be a salary cap next year, so that will not factor into our equation of whether we are going DA or BQ.
2. Living here in DC, I fear the idea of Zorn/Campbell coming to the Browns. Zorn has displayed multiple instances of incompetencies (did anyone see that "fake" punt against NYG on MNF?) as a coach. He might be great with QBs, but I don't think he's a step up from Daboll.
3. Jason Campbell showed early promise and has now proven himself in capable of managing the game, leading a football team, and reading coverages. You might think that he could be better than DA or BQ, but I think that JC would be a greater investment than either DA or BQ at this point.
-
So do you think there still a chance for a DA day at Cedar Point?
I've got shoes i'd really liked signed, size 17 of course.
-
It amazes me that a guy who obviously doesn't like DA writes a sarcastic piece of satire, and numerous Quinnterbators take him seriously.
Funniest thing is, in the end, the original piece may not be that far from the truth when it's all said and done. It could be quite an interesting off season.
-
Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!
Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.
Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login