Skip to content

DEREK ANDERSON CAN BE THAT GUY

The Browns Board
63 36 4.5k
  • Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!

    Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.

    My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..

  • Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!

    Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.

    My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..

    @ithika said:

    Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

  • If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

  • @ithika said:

    Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

    @riffer-x said:

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

    I believe the reason is back in 2007 the way he laughed off his performance against cincy, it was a key game to making the playoffs.

    Just like recently on MNF, Cutler throws an int. and runs over to the bench cutting up and laughing. Gruden called him out on national tv. You just dont do that shit man, it pisses the fans off.

  • oh christ.....

    funny thread though!!

  • If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

    @ithika said:

    If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

  • @ithika said:

    If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.

    I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.

  • @ithika said:

    If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    That statement right there ought to just end this thread and all others like it.

    The DA Defense rests, your honor.

  • @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.

    I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.

    @riffer-x said:

    Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.

    I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.

    Ooooh, boy!....(rolling my eyes).

  • @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.

    I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.

    @riffer-x said:

    Exactly Sevler that's why I am on the same page as you. I know you know a real QB when you see one.

    I've come to see the light of efficient QBing and it is good.

    Riffer I understand you are being sarcastic along with filling your role on keeping posters engaged, I dont think DA is the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning by a long shot. As a Browns fan I only have TWO options BQ or DA......

    I did not buy into the draft hype 3 years ago and frankly the only positive offensive production i have seen more consistently has been from DA. That does not translate into DA being a great starter, i have stated on many occasion that at the minimum he is great backup material for any team.

    BQ has basically matched all of his scouting drawbacks it is what it is. I just happen to think like baseball pitching you either have the ability or you dont when it comes to relevant arm strength. BQ does not have the relevant arm strength and DA does, DA can be an idiot and does have short accuracy and touch issues. I will take the offensive production with all of the negative that DA has over zero to little offensive production that BQ brings. I always found it odd that all of the same coaching/scheme/skill player/offensive line excuses were always valid for BQ but never for DA.

    I dont really like either scenario so i am choosing between the lesser of the two evils and choosing to have a positive attitude and "hope" that DA with his relative age can develop the short game.....

  • Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going all the way back to high school that he will play for this team next year!

    Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.

    My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..

    @ithika said:

    Brady is making enough money where we can keep him without it hurting our cap if he doesn't pan out as the starter. My hunch is we'll see Jim Zorn join in some capacity as QB coach or OC and following that move we'll sign Jason Campbell in FA who already ran Zorn/Holmgrens WC system and did it well i might add.

    My prediction is Jason Campbell will be our starting QB next year after beating Quinn out in training camp. Just a hunch but much more plausible..

    1. I want to point out that it looks that there won't be a salary cap next year, so that will not factor into our equation of whether we are going DA or BQ.

    2. Living here in DC, I fear the idea of Zorn/Campbell coming to the Browns. Zorn has displayed multiple instances of incompetencies (did anyone see that "fake" punt against NYG on MNF?) as a coach. He might be great with QBs, but I don't think he's a step up from Daboll.

    3. Jason Campbell showed early promise and has now proven himself in capable of managing the game, leading a football team, and reading coverages. You might think that he could be better than DA or BQ, but I think that JC would be a greater investment than either DA or BQ at this point.

  • So do you think there still a chance for a DA day at Cedar Point?

    I've got shoes i'd really liked signed, size 17 of course.

  • It amazes me that a guy who obviously doesn't like DA writes a sarcastic piece of satire, and numerous Quinnterbators take him seriously.

    Funniest thing is, in the end, the original piece may not be that far from the truth when it's all said and done. It could be quite an interesting off season.

  • @ithika said:

    Stay off the drugs man, when you post sober it makes more sense. There is no way in hell given DA's monetary option and his piss poor accuracy going back to high school, that he will play for this team next year! PERIOD!

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

    @riffer-x said:

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

    A helluva arm doesn't a QB make.

  • @ithika said:

    If the NFL was about arm strength J Russell and DA would be the Brady and Manning of the NFL, thats just not the case. I see now how you're just having fun on this thread and you don't seriously think DA will be resigned next year, its cool I always get a kick out of the shit people say in these threads too! We're having fun again and thats all that matters, we're not hard to please we're BROWNS FANS carry on Monty...

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    You do know that argument is rather counterintuitive right?

    Just because you have shown (without much argument here) that Quinn hasn’t been that stellar, does not in any way prove that DA has or will be. You do know that right?

  • It amazes me that a guy who obviously doesn't like DA writes a sarcastic piece of satire, and numerous Quinnterbators take him seriously.

    Funniest thing is, in the end, the original piece may not be that far from the truth when it's all said and done. It could be quite an interesting off season.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    It amazes me that a guy who obviously doesn't like DA writes a sarcastic piece of satire, and numerous Quinnterbators take him seriously.

    Funniest thing is, in the end, the original piece may not be that far from the truth when it's all said and done. It could be quite an interesting off season.

    It amazes me that just because I don't want DA as the Brown's QB means I automatically love BQ.

    Just because someone doesn't like Carrots doesn't mean they also don't like Yams just because they are both Orange.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    It amazes me that a guy who obviously doesn't like DA writes a sarcastic piece of satire, and numerous Quinnterbators take him seriously.

    Funniest thing is, in the end, the original piece may not be that far from the truth when it's all said and done. It could be quite an interesting off season.

    It amazes me that just because I don't want DA as the Brown's QB means I automatically love BQ.

    Just because someone doesn't like Carrots doesn't mean they also don't like Yams just because they are both Orange.

    @thaak said:

    It amazes me that just because I don't want DA as the Brown's QB means I automatically love BQ.

    Just because someone doesn't like Carrots doesn't mean they also don't like Yams just because they are both Orange.

    I here ya bro. Its the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. Some time back I said I don't think Quinn is a franchise qb and I was catching it from all sides telling me to get off andersons cock. I don't like Anderson either but most people pn this board can't understand anything.

  • 9/10 for Troll attempt Riffer 😵

    I bought it for awhile, but the handoff post gave it away. Nicely done!

    I hope Holmgren brings in some new blood. I don't think either BQ or DA are the answer right now. More Jerome Harrison pls.

  • @osusev said:

    according to the same guru's on this forum DA was not going to be on the team after the 2007 season, 2008 season and now because of some dated idea about the WCO he will be gone in the 2009 season..... hell the same people thought that Draft hype/heisman/weis/nfl ready/college pro system/efficient/workhorse/smart/"cockpit theory"/jersey buying supporters have been prognosticating people have been so on for the last two years.....

    You do know that argument is rather counterintuitive right?

    Just because you have shown (without much argument here) that Quinn hasn’t been that stellar, does not in any way prove that DA has or will be. You do know that right?

    @thaak said:

    You do know that argument is rather counterintuitive right?

    Just because you have shown (without much argument here) that Quinn hasn’t been that stellar, does not in any way prove that DA has or will be. You do know that right?

    thats not my point nor my opinion, RIGHT now there are only two guys..... in the offseason either thru trades or free agency or draft might bring us other options. The point i was making is that obvious Brady backers have for the last 3 years been prognosticating BQ greatness based solely from draft and media hype have been wrong. They have been for the last 2 years also predicting DA would be traded/released etc and those are all wrong also. Some of them now point to some oddball idea because Holmgren is the president of the organization and some connection to the WCO schema that DA would be gone or somehow that translates to BQ having more of a chance to continue here. I think that line of reasoning is flawed and the basis of some dated idea of the WCO benefitting quinns overall offensive abilities is also flawed.

    This is not really about DA, rather that right now only one of these guys has an NFL arm and I would not make an assumption on him being released or traded so easily. It would not surprise me if Holmgren gets someone better. At the same time QBs who are responsible for 31tds 3700 yards 10 wins(saddled with a terrible defense) in a season without getting a majority of that years preseason snaps that are under 28 are not that easy to find..... Holmgren probably watched that Monday Night game against the then NFL champs against the Giants and remembered his own Seattle team along with the 2007 1st cincy game along with the 2007 season.... I am sure he is going to know about all of the skill players injuries and problems (Winslow/Edwards/STallworth) of last year along with new 2008 Offensive coordinator that had a different scheme than 2007. and this years new offensive coordinator and coach.....Concussion, little to no skill players and splitting training camp time with BRady..... He will look at the 4 sub 100 yard games from brady this year and the games from last year along with our 2 wins this year IN SPITE of a piss poor performance from Brady......

    NOthing is set in stone for or against either of these two guys, either to keep them/trade,draft etc. Yes there are major drawbacks with DA and Brady but the brady backers and DA haters really only see how much they dont like DA. I can see a case to keep Brady because of his relative age, intelligence, and work ethic along with constantly sharing time with DA in preseason and regular schedule, he also suffered from the same offensive scheming and coaching along with skill player defencies. I dont think anything is set in stone just because Holmgren is president......

  • @riffer-x said:

    Just because I like a gunslinger like DA's potential doesn't mean I'm on drugs..........all the time.

    Why does everybody hate this guy he has a helluva arm?

    A helluva arm doesn't a QB make.

    @thaak said:

    A helluva arm doesn't a QB make.

    Eggs-actly! Kyle Boller got drafted up there in the upper half of round 1 because he could throw the ball 65 yards on his knees. The trouble is he can't ever throw the ball anywhere near his receivers. Not only that but usually when a QB is landing on his knees:

    1) he's down

    2) he's not facing the right direction

    3) there's prolly some burley basterd with bad breath and excessive testosterone pouncing on his upper extremities to prevent launchies.

    - Tom F.