Skip to content

Browns use Kent State 'Gamecock' trick play

The Browns Board
13 8 2.0k
  • K kosar_win wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Here's a video of the Golden Flashes executing the play.

    I had to watch it several times before I could see the hand-off.

    How did we run it?

  • K kosar_win wrote on last edited by kosar_win
    #4

    Ok. Found something - it's a bit jerky since it was filmed by someone in the crowd. Go to 1:33.

    anybody have anything better?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #5

    It pretty much made the entire defense move to to the right side and left the biggest gaping hole in football history for harrison to run thru. Sold very very well. Too bad Gaines was called for holding.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #6

    i wanted to throw my bloody mary through the tv when gaines was flagged on that play.

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I was at the game and still didn't see the handoff. DA and some lineman were faking an argument on the side of the WildDawg when the ball was snapped. EVERYONE was watching the argument instead of the backfield.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I was watching it and didn't even notice it. I must of been on a break.

  • It pretty much made the entire defense move to to the right side and left the biggest gaping hole in football history for harrison to run thru. Sold very very well. Too bad Gaines was called for holding.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @theclevelandsound said:

    It pretty much made the entire defense move to to the right side and left the biggest gaping hole in football history for harrison to run thru. Sold very very well. Too bad Gaines was called for holding.

    yeah, gaines with the stupid block in the back 😠 . the drive fell apart after that.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Now that we're resorting to trick plays, we should run the "Wrong Ball" play against Jacksonville. I would love to see that work on the NFL level.

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #11

    It almost looked like the old statue of liberty.

  • K kosar_win wrote on last edited by
    #12

    More like a Fumblerooski (from "The Little Giants" fame) or "Bumerooski" that SD pulled a few years back. I read somewhere that Fumblerooski's are now illegal in the NFL b/c the QB can't fumble on purpose. Browns have a good variation on it, with the perfect Cribbs-Harrison combo.

  • More like a Fumblerooski (from "The Little Giants" fame) or "Bumerooski" that SD pulled a few years back. I read somewhere that Fumblerooski's are now illegal in the NFL b/c the QB can't fumble on purpose. Browns have a good variation on it, with the perfect Cribbs-Harrison combo.

    B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @kosar_win said:

    More like a Fumblerooski (from "The Little Giants" fame) or "Bumerooski" that SD pulled a few years back. I read somewhere that Fumblerooski's are now illegal in the NFL b/c the QB can't fumble on purpose. Browns have a good variation on it, with the perfect Cribbs-Harrison combo.

    Yea your right, it's not legal anymore.