Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Four game winning streak

Four game winning streak

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
23 Posts 14 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • kbndawg K
    • 402 Posts
    • 16 Reputation
    K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Not sure how to judge this season ending winning streak. The Browns actually looked like a football team for a change. Has Mangini molded this team (with a few adjustments) into a winner or has he just gotten lucky? Am i suppose to forget everything that happened before the 4 game winning streak?

    Maybe Mangini is a good coach and he has this team going in the right direction. He seems to have guys that want to play for him and play hard.

    I'll let Holmgren decide.

    The Italian DawgPoundT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 6k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Sure, the teams weren't great. But hell, worst way to look at it... I think this takes us out of the gutter. Now we're at the bottom of the middle. At least it's progress.

      1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • kbndawg K
        • 402 Posts
        • 16 Reputation
        K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        It is progress and i love it. But does the winning steak keep Mangini? Is keeping Mangini a good thing or a bad thing?

        At this point i really don't know. I really like what i have seen from the Browns in the last four games but i hated pretty much everything before that.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Buckeye_2391 B
          • 19 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          B Buckeye_2391 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          During this four game win streak, there have been NOTICABLE positive steps. We BEAT THE STEELERS. How long has it been since the browns have done that? Don't overlook this win against the Jags. They are not a good team but they are not a bad team. They are a team we need to beat if we want to play competitive football. We matched up very well the last four weeks and if you look at the scores over the course of the season, as the season progressed we played more and more competitive football. 5-11 is nothing to be happy about for sure, but if you look at the entire organization and everything that has happened this year we could have done a lot worse.

          As is the life of a browns fan, there is always next year.

          Go Browns.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • trodgers T
            • 115 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            T trodgers wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I don't think it's luck. Admittedly, the front half of their schedule was against teams with a significantly better record overall. Still, the Browns have played so much better the last 7 games than they did the first 9 it's ridiculous.

            FIRST 9

            Record: 1-8

            Points: 78

            Points Allowed: 225

            Opponent Record: 78-61

            100+ Rushing Yards: 3

            200+ Rushing Yards: 0

            200+ Passing Yards: 2

            300+ Passing Yards: 0

            QB Rating <50: 5

            QB Rating >90: 0

            FINAL 7

            Record: 4-3

            Points: 167

            Points Allowed: 150

            Opponent Record: 48-60

            100+ Rushing Yards: 6

            200+ Rushing Yards: 2

            200+ Passing Yards: 2

            300+ Passing Yards: 1

            QB Rating <50: 3

            QB Rating >90: 3

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • kbndawg K
              • 402 Posts
              • 16 Reputation
              K kbndawg wrote on last edited by kbndawg
              #6

              Next year is always important to us Browns' fans.

              I want to say keep Mangini and see if he can build on what he has started.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                K 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ballpeenB ballpeen

                  I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                  kbndawg K
                  • 402 Posts
                  • 16 Reputation
                  K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @ballpeen said:

                  I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                  So are you all in with Mangini?

                  yosemitejamY ballpeenB GipsG 3 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • MudratDetector M
                    • 389 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    i'm beaming right now over 4 in a row. the win over the steelers gave this team a huge confidence boost which helped us close the season strongly.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • K kbndawg

                      @ballpeen said:

                      I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                      So are you all in with Mangini?

                      yosemitejam yosemitejamY
                      • 263 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      yosemitejamY yosemitejam wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @kbndawg said:

                      So are you all in with Mangini?

                      yea...why not

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • K kbndawg

                        @ballpeen said:

                        I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                        So are you all in with Mangini?

                        ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @kbndawg said:

                        So are you all in with Mangini?

                        I am good with any decision made, though it shouldn't be tomorrow .

                        I will say we are seeing results and don't think keeping Eric would be a bad thing.

                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • kbndawg K
                          • 402 Posts
                          • 16 Reputation
                          K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I don't think keeping Mangini would be a bad thing either but who the hell knows. We could keep Mangini and start 0-8 or 8-0 next year. It's crap shoot.

                          ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 139 Reputation
                            ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I freaking Love a 4-game win streak ... thank-you mam, give me another!

                            I also love winning at home and walking out of that frozen stadium happy as hell.

                            Mangini stays or I throw shit at the Berea Training facility!

                            K 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                              I freaking Love a 4-game win streak ... thank-you mam, give me another!

                              I also love winning at home and walking out of that frozen stadium happy as hell.

                              Mangini stays or I throw shit at the Berea Training facility!

                              kshutchins K
                              • 951 Posts
                              • 19 Reputation
                              K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @atenears said:

                              I freaking Love a 4-game win streak ... thank-you mam, give me another!

                              I also love winning at home and walking out of that frozen stadium happy as hell.

                              Mangini stays or I throw shit at the Berea Training facility!

                              I don't see how the team could have won the last 4 without some good coaching. I trust Holmgren to make the best decision but I like Mangini and would like to see him stay.

                              Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • K kbndawg

                                I don't think keeping Mangini would be a bad thing either but who the hell knows. We could keep Mangini and start 0-8 or 8-0 next year. It's crap shoot.

                                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @kbndawg said:

                                I don't think keeping Mangini would be a bad thing either but who the hell knows. We could keep Mangini and start 0-8 or 8-0 next year. It's crap shoot.

                                I would be willing to bet a great deal we won't start 0-8...naa...we win 8-9 next year.

                                Now the 9 month wait 🙁

                                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                K 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • K kbndawg

                                  @ballpeen said:

                                  I can't think of ANYTHING negative about finishing the season with 4 wins.

                                  So are you all in with Mangini?

                                  Gips GipsG
                                  • 3k Posts
                                  • 34 Reputation
                                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                                  #16

                                  @kbndawg said:

                                  So are you all in with Mangini?

                                  After a 4th win in a row im without question for mangini staying ,however i still dont exactly buy into his offensive ideology or especially that of his OC and i doubt that holmgren will either ,sacrificing daboll to the fans and the football gods and replacing him with a real and qualified offensive minded OC would be appeasing ,i am for mangini picking his new OC with holmgrens and or GM approval...😉

                                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  ❤
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                    @kbndawg said:

                                    I don't think keeping Mangini would be a bad thing either but who the hell knows. We could keep Mangini and start 0-8 or 8-0 next year. It's crap shoot.

                                    I would be willing to bet a great deal we won't start 0-8...naa...we win 8-9 next year.

                                    Now the 9 month wait 🙁

                                    kbndawg K
                                    • 402 Posts
                                    • 16 Reputation
                                    K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @ballpeen said:

                                    I would be willing to bet a great deal we won't start 0-8...naa...we win 8-9 next year.

                                    Now the 9 month wait 🙁

                                    Well, for the most part we were gonna win 8 or 9 this year. I am getting tired of drinking the kool aid. Mangini has done a great job of rallying the troops to finish with 5 wins. I guess my question is (and no one has the answer) what does all this really do for the future of the Browns?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • K kbndawg

                                      Not sure how to judge this season ending winning streak. The Browns actually looked like a football team for a change. Has Mangini molded this team (with a few adjustments) into a winner or has he just gotten lucky? Am i suppose to forget everything that happened before the 4 game winning streak?

                                      Maybe Mangini is a good coach and he has this team going in the right direction. He seems to have guys that want to play for him and play hard.

                                      I'll let Holmgren decide.

                                      The Italian DawgPound The Italian DawgPoundT
                                      • 478 Posts
                                      • 18 Reputation
                                      The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @kbndawg said:

                                      Not sure how to judge this season ending winning streak.

                                      Very good!

                                      All the way from Torino to Cleveland: GO BROWNS!!!!!!!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 9k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        If he stays, I do think some changes on O are in the future.

                                        And that isn't selling out...that is just the way it goes.

                                        If he wants to be like Marty, fine, but that gets you canned.

                                        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                        K 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                          If he stays, I do think some changes on O are in the future.

                                          And that isn't selling out...that is just the way it goes.

                                          If he wants to be like Marty, fine, but that gets you canned.

                                          kshutchins K
                                          • 951 Posts
                                          • 19 Reputation
                                          K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          If he stays, I do think some changes on O are in the future.

                                          And that isn't selling out...that is just the way it goes.

                                          If he wants to be like Marty, fine, but that gets you canned.

                                          I think the discipline that's been instilled this season along with the boost in morale and an influx of talent will give this team a head start in camp. The offense will develop accordingly.

                                          Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate