Skip to content

Wheres The Shittsburgh Fans Now?

The Browns Board
56 16 3.2k
  • \ said:

    I want Holmes to let me know again how the steelers were going to win their next 5 games again...I know he filled up a page here discussing how that was going to happen. Even SteelersChuck wasn't buying into that. It's the NFL and anything can happen on gameday, no matter how good u think u are.

    No - I don't buy it.

    We'll go 9-7, or 10-6 at best. I'll be stunned if we go better than that.

    We're pretty solid in most areas - #1 pass D, #3 rush D, #1 overall D, great receiving corps, solid RB's (when they're healthy), arguably the top QB in the league.... but our line blows. The O-line is the most important unit on a team IMO. That is the difference between an elite team and a great team.

    All teams with good pass rushes need to do is send it, and we're struggling because Ben can't make decisions with defenders in his face as soon as the ball is snapped. Teams like the bungholes can't pull that off, so we get a break against those teams.

    Ben's a much better QB than the Giants game showed, but any QB behind a lousy line like ours is destined to struggle at times.

    He's the most hit, up there with the most sacked QB in the league - and it's testament to his ability to function as well as he does when he does.

    Still, we'll win the division and make the playoffs - and who knows, the whole league is full of pretenders. Nobodies real and we could still be looking for that "one for the other thumb" come February.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Someone took my user name too, it's obvious there is an allergy to football logic.

    Musta been a conspiracy by the mods.

    It makes sense - everytime I log onto this site, I see a dozen and a half users logged in, but nobody posts. I figured there must be some secret gay porn forum that only privileged users can access that they're logged on to.

    Part of the "conversion" was to get all of the "trolls" ID's (like LummyDummy) and lock them, which is why the forum is so screwed up - too much time was spent on locking usernames rather than get the forum set up right.

    Failure - it's a Queebland thing.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

    Hey you'll have to give the "Big Boss" time to get the kinks ironed out. The guy does have a day job, ya know. Even us mods are having trouble- I should be permanently logged in- but I'm not. I sure didn't block or pre-empt any screen names, and I seriously doubt Stan did either. Lumburgh is here, If you haven't noticed yet. As to your avatar, could be the site won't allow for motion.

  • What was the point of posting this thread? You want to talk shit to steeler fans? Go to their board. The last thing we need is a bunch of spam topics to weed through.

  • This is over the top. Why don't we Brown's fans try to act like they've won a game before in the same week the Steelers lost?

    I can hardly brag when the Steelers still have two games on us and have won something like 10 head to head matchups in a row.

  • I'm going to guess that you've only been alive for 1 SB. You don't have much to be smug about. You need to worry about your own team and weather you will have enough players healthy to keep 11 on the field at one time.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    \ said:

    Someone took my user name too, it's obvious there is an allergy to football logic.

    Musta been a conspiracy by the mods.

    It makes sense - everytime I log onto this site, I see a dozen and a half users logged in, but nobody posts. I figured there must be some secret gay porn forum that only privileged users can access that they're logged on to.

    Part of the "conversion" was to get all of the "trolls" ID's (like LummyDummy) and lock them, which is why the forum is so screwed up - too much time was spent on locking usernames rather than get the forum set up right.

    Failure - it's a Queebland thing.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

    Hey you'll have to give the "Big Boss" time to get the kinks ironed out. The guy does have a day job, ya know. Even us mods are having trouble- I should be permanently logged in- but I'm not. I sure didn't block or pre-empt any screen names, and I seriously doubt Stan did either. Lumburgh is here, If you haven't noticed yet. As to your avatar, could be the site won't allow for motion.

    Looks to me like this conversion wasn't thought out or planned well.

    Either way, this forum is built on the PHPBB platform. PHPBB definitely allows for avatar motion. I've built forums on PHPBB and others, there are criteria that need adjusted to allow for certain sizes and stuff like that which nobody probably looked at.

    Also, the server is painfully slow at times for a forum with as few posts as this one has. Someone may have to contact PHPBB to resolve that. When they get around to it, that is.

    That board banner across the top looks like a dogs breakfast. Nobody could design something a little more professional looking than that?

    Execution - it's all about execution, and this one was executed like a DA pick.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • Forum always runs perfectly smooth for me. Problem is on your end. Either your ISP is having issues or the computer you're on is having problems.

  • \ said:

    Forum always runs perfectly smooth for me. Problem is on your end. Either your ISP is having issues or the computer you're on is having problems.

    Nope - server is slow in responding at times. It's not on my end.

  • Don't feel bad. I'm sure sometime, somewhere, some steeler fan will finally make it through vocational school and be able to make a board for you.

    icon_lol.gif

    I keed... I keed

  • Cleveland may be a shit hole, but even it makes Pittsburgh look bad. My grandma lives in Wintersville, I've seen quite a bit of Pittsburgh and it is a very dirty hole.

    Both are cities I would not want to live in.

  • \ said:

    Hey bro! Steeler fan to Steeler fan......lighten up about the forum. It's done in some peoples spare time, it works, we all get to say our piece. What is the big heartburn? If it was someone getting paid to do this as a full time job that would be different. As Steeler fans we should be happy there is anyplace for us to talk football, or even look up usable information, because we sure as hell don't get it from the Steelers site!

    Yeah, maybe you're right. I shouldn't hold my expectations that high here.

    Anyway, you've mentioned that about Steelers sites a couple times - I thought you were exaggerating. There's tons of them if you bother to look. I'm on a couple, and the one that I post a lot on was started a couple months ago by a couple buddies of mine. It's growing daily - over 100 members so far and we're getting new members practically daily.

    It's well designed also.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • Looks like plenty of squeeler fans arrived to me which isnt a bad thing because its gonna be funny watching them squirm away silently when the browns catch em and then kick their arses week 16 to win the division and continue into the playoffs! icon_lol.gif

  • If you want to start looking up statistics... Cleveland is ranked higher on the cleanest cities list, and ranked better on crime rate than Pittsburgh. You might be biased.

  • as a resident of pitt, i can elaborate on these points.

    \ said:

    Cleveland is a shithole and Pittsburgh is a solid city.

    thats some definitive proof. besides the crumbling infrastructure, increasing poverty driven crime, and racial divide, its a great place.

    Cleveland's government is a joke, Pittsburgh's is solid.

    check the budget....then tell me why PATA is broke, paying the union more, raising rates on fares and cutting routes. these clowns have no clue what their doing.....youngest mayor maybe?

    Cleveland's school system are a joke and Pittsburgh's work very well.

    this is evident just by talking to locals. if you think this population is remotely educated, please 1) move away and immerse yourself in some really educated folks 2) check the number of jobs that require more than a GED. just look at the colloquialisms and dialect......most pittsburgh natives cant even speak english correctly.

    You can go to downtown Pittsburgh and see culture, eat great ethnic food, enjoy beautiful views.........and not fear for your life!

    this may be true in a very small, select area of the city. there is lots of nice stuff to see here. homewood? you sayin this place is safe?

    People say hello to you in Pittsburgh, in Cleveland, they glare at you while contemplating robbing your ass!

    if this is true, i haven't seen it.

    Cleveland professional sports is a joke, Pittsburgh is the city of champions.

    bwahahaha! really....your one and only sports team? forgot the rats and pens dont count....and one good season for the pens in 18 years does not a class organization make.

  • That's a pretty pussified way to admit you just got owned...

    And here I thought you were a real man. icon_rolleyes.gif

  • This is stupid.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    Forum always runs perfectly smooth for me. Problem is on your end. Either your ISP is having issues or the computer you're on is having problems.

    Nope - server is slow in responding at times. It's not on my end.

    I'll agree with you that at times the server is running painfully slow. However there are tons of behind the scenes things that have to be done to tweak the site and get it right. Part of it is making sure you get it right so we don't get spambotted to death- I'm sure no one wants to see, and I don't have time to delete 500 Viagra Cheap!!! Or Make $$ millions from your home crap showing up here every day.

    I can say this much- part of the reason we had to pull up stakes and move is Eve Community was going to charge us a ton of money regarding bandwidth issues, and none of us are rich enough to run this site as a public service.

  • nice how theirs no link....whens that from....2004?

    \ said:

    It will be interesting to see how long you hang around here or if you just created this account to share your ignorance with us. You are obviously a Cleveland educated (is that an oxymoron?) buffoon who thought your lie about being from Pittsburgh would fly. My guess is you've never been there.

    before you let your stupid get in the way, i am, in fact, PA born...not pittsburgh proper, but the sheath of stooler nation if you will. my parents live an hour from the city...but you are correct in that i was not educated in pitt schools. notice how i can use proper english? when i type business emails (use google), i actually use capitalization and punctuation correctly as well.

    i have, in fact, lived outside this shithole.....for about 4 years. otherwise, ive been listening to yinzer for the remainder. i do, thankfully, have family in findley and youngstown that took it upon themselves to teach me the ways of football.

    speculate on me all ya want, but im still waiting for your informative reply to my retort.

    and im not new here pipsqueak.....

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    \ said:

    Forum always runs perfectly smooth for me. Problem is on your end. Either your ISP is having issues or the computer you're on is having problems.

    Nope - server is slow in responding at times. It's not on my end.

    I'll agree with you that at times the server is running painfully slow. However there are tons of behind the scenes things that have to be done to tweak the site and get it right. Part of it is making sure you get it right so we don't get spambotted to death- I'm sure no one wants to see, and I don't have time to delete 500 Viagra Cheap!!! Or Make $$ millions from your home crap showing up here every day.

    I can say this much- part of the reason we had to pull up stakes and move is Eve Community was going to charge us a ton of money regarding bandwidth issues, and none of us are rich enough to run this site as a public service.

    Look - yinz are obviously struggling with it. I've done this shit before, I could help ya out.

    It takes about 2 or 3 hours to get a basic board set up - like what you have now, and maybe another 3 or 4 hours to put up the bells and whistles and fancy it up a bit. It wouldn't take long for me to dazzle yinz with a board that looks like a vette.

    Just let me know, I won't pull any dumb shit either.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • \ said:

    I'm not willing to call it a failure for a few reasons:

    1. It's already head and shoulders better than the Steelers web site.

    Of course it is, it isn't a Squeelers site. Squeelers fans are cowardly and won't allow an opposing opinion. Please deliver a message for me to the guy who runs SqueelerFurry. The message is as follows: "You sir, are a pussy." EOM

    2. The little punk "Earthed Ice" isn't a mod here

    You aren't very bright are you? Iced Earth is a modern metal band with killer Riffs. Does that help you at all?

    3. Hey......they're doing something for the team they love

    You got this one right. Through thick and thin. Although, we bitch about our QB's performance, we DO NOT poor swill quality beer on them like some other fanbase does.

    4. It's brand new and setting up one of these sites isn't easy

    It takes time to reach perfection. It'll get there long before any lameass Squeeler site does.

    Doug