Anderson engineered another win
-
I was going to make this post yesterday just to get it over with. I get more enjoyment when ATE creates it. Long Live DA!
-
Still too expensive to be on the team next year. Maybe if he reworks contract. I find it more likely that he will rework his contract on a trade or just get cut.
I think DA is better than BQ but BQ is paid like the backup he is and DA is not paid like the backup that he is.
Need more than 88 yards out of your QB, especially when there were long passes available to be completed yesterday and DA left them on the table. I know weather sucked but if that is your strong point you must be able to do it. And that interception he threw at the 20 yard line killed a good drive.
-
He did make some critical throws in the second half..... however that int was still a int. His yards were below 100 which is not acceptable either for him or Quinn. His comp rating was high and his average yards per catch was something like 7 yds BUT still not good enough.... we did win I will take it.
-
FACTOID:
Derek Anderson now owns more than one quarter of all Browns victories since the Re-birth in 1999.
-
it really is amazing, how two faced some people are. BQ makes a few key plays to keep drives alive and its ignored over his overall crappy game. DA has one drive and out come the knee pads and lip balm.
he did no better than BQ did. they both played subpar.
-
FACTOID:
Derek Anderson now owns more than one quarter of all Browns victories since the Re-birth in 1999.
-
Anderson showed good ball control yesterday in the play-action, even pulling a Boise State type handoff behind his back. Again, he made a couple of key pass completitions that helped move the chains just enough to keep things flowing.
They rolled him out for for a big hook-up with Royal early on, and he threw the ball away to keep drives alive.
I was a little disgusted at his fire-balls he threw at receivers feet early on, especially on a cold day like yesterday those passes were the last thing anyone wanted to see. But all in all he again made a couple of passes and that was all we needed.
Anderson showed good ball control yesterday in the play-action, even pulling a Boise State type handoff behind his back. Again, he made a couple of key pass completitions that helped move the chains just enough to keep things flowing.
They rolled him out for for a big hook-up with Royal early on, and he threw the ball away to keep drives alive.
I was a little disgusted at his fire-balls he threw at receivers feet early on, especially on a cold day like yesterday those passes were the last thing anyone wanted to see. But all in all he again made a couple of passes and that was all we needed.
I was the running game that got the victory, not DA.

-
Anderson showed good ball control yesterday in the play-action, even pulling a Boise State type handoff behind his back. Again, he made a couple of key pass completitions that helped move the chains just enough to keep things flowing.
They rolled him out for for a big hook-up with Royal early on, and he threw the ball away to keep drives alive.
I was a little disgusted at his fire-balls he threw at receivers feet early on, especially on a cold day like yesterday those passes were the last thing anyone wanted to see. But all in all he again made a couple of passes and that was all we needed.
I was the running game that got the victory, not DA.

I was the running game that got the victory, not DA.
I agree, Anderson runs a great QB sneak on short yardage 3rd & 4th downs.
-
Big picture: Anderson is 15-17 in 32 career starts.
Current picture: Over the past two seasons, he's 5-9 with 12 TDs and 18 INTs, sub 50 completion%.
Let's live in the present.
-
Its time to move past the never ending browns QB controversy...HEY MIKE! TRADE EM BOTH FOR HASSELBECK!

-
Still too expensive to be on the team next year. Maybe if he reworks contract. I find it more likely that he will rework his contract on a trade or just get cut.
I think DA is better than BQ but BQ is paid like the backup he is and DA is not paid like the backup that he is.
Need more than 88 yards out of your QB, especially when there were long passes available to be completed yesterday and DA left them on the table. I know weather sucked but if that is your strong point you must be able to do it. And that interception he threw at the 20 yard line killed a good drive.
Still too expensive to be on the team next year. Maybe if he reworks contract. I find it more likely that he will rework his contract on a trade or just get cut.
I think DA is better than BQ but BQ is paid like the backup he is and DA is not paid like the backup that he is.
Need more than 88 yards out of your QB, especially when there were long passes available to be completed yesterday and DA left them on the table. I know weather sucked but if that is your strong point you must be able to do it. And that interception he threw at the 20 yard line killed a good drive.
How much is to much money last time i check the browns are not and have not been in alot of cap trouble.
Now is not the time to start pinching pennys
spend!!!!!
-
Big picture: Anderson is 15-17 in 32 career starts.
Current picture: Over the past two seasons, he's 5-9 with 12 TDs and 18 INTs, sub 50 completion%.
Let's live in the present.
Big picture: Anderson is 15-17 in 32 career starts.
Current picture: Over the past two seasons, he's 5-9 with 12 TDs and 18 INTs, sub 50 completion%.
Let's live in the present.
Past 2 years he's 6-10, everyone else was 3-13. He missed much of a preseason & played coming off a concussion with little practice. Most of the injuries & roster changes to other positions occurred on his watch... yet it was the most productive portion of the last 2 seasons.
-
I believe Lumbergh and Atenears are one in the same........
-
-
Who do I believe more: Steve Young, a HOF QB, who believes Derek Anderson can be a top-5 QB in the NFL is given the keys to the offense, or the Brady Quinn supporters who don't like football, just long hair and tight pants?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
