Skip to content

Anderson / Hasselbeck

The Browns Board
29 15 2.6k
  • @socaldog said:

    LOL, man do you love DAHorseballs! Keep a tight grip on em... It's the last time you'll get the chance. Bye bye DA.... 😆

    well, maybe you can still admire him from afar on his new team as a #2 QB.

    Soooo, what you're saying is that you don't know if Brady Quinn is the answer, but you know MATT HASSELBACK isn't?

    Yeah ... the controversy ends with the ousting of DA ... rrrright.

    @atenears said:

    Soooo, what you're saying is that you don't know if Brady Quinn is the answer, but you know MATT HASSELBACK isn't?

    Yeah ... the controversy ends with the ousting of DA ... rrrright.

    Correct, Ate. "When you have two quarterbacks, you really have none." The above post points it out. DA has sucked at a historically bad level for the last couple of years. Time to cut bait, and move on.

    It's been pointed out many, many times- Once the league figured out Derek can't hit a barn door from 10 feet away, and took away his deep option DA has sucked.

    I'm not saying Quinn is the answer by any means, but post his stats next to DA's for this year and get back to me- it ain't pretty.

  • PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 256 passes, 53.1%, 8 TDs, 7 INTs, 67.2 rating

    Anderson: 182 passes, 44.5% completions, 3 TDs, 10 INTs, 42.1 rating

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 345 passes, 52.5% completions, 10 TDs, 9 INTs, 67.0 rating

    Anderson: 465 passes, 48.0% completions, 12 TDs, 18 INTs, 56.9 rating

    CAREER

    Quinn: 353 passes, 52.1% completions, 10 TDs, 9 INTs, 66.8 rating

    Anderson: 1109 passes, 52.9% completions, 46 TDs, 45 INTs, 69.7 rating

    That's with a Pro Bowl season. Is it easier to pretend that the Pro Bowl season was the norm or a fluke for Anderson? Or if you think that Anderson has that kind of potential still, what do you think of Quinn, who has roughly the same career stats, but has outperformed him over the past two seasons (by a lot), with less experience? The comparison just doen't fly in favor of DA.

  • Nice stats, that really tells the story!

    Who cares about passing yardage, right?

  • Nice stats, that really tells the story!

    Who cares about passing yardage, right?

    @atenears said:

    Nice stats, that really tells the story!

    Who cares about passing yardage, right?

    Yards per attempt is one of the four components of passer rating. But you knew that.

    PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 5.2 yards per attempt

    Anderson: 4.9 yards per attempt

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 5.4

    CAREER

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 6.4

    Good point, by the way. You're right. Quinn does have the slight edge over Anderson of late there, too.

  • @atenears said:

    Nice stats, that really tells the story!

    Who cares about passing yardage, right?

    Yards per attempt is one of the four components of passer rating. But you knew that.

    PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 5.2 yards per attempt

    Anderson: 4.9 yards per attempt

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 5.4

    CAREER

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 6.4

    Good point, by the way. You're right. Quinn does have the slight edge over Anderson of late there, too.

    @trodgers said:

    Yards per attempt is one of the four components of passer rating. But you knew that.

    PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 5.2 yards per attempt

    Anderson: 4.9 yards per attempt

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 5.4

    CAREER

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 6.4

    Good point, by the way. You're right. Quinn does have the slight edge over Anderson of late there, too.

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

  • @trodgers said:

    Yards per attempt is one of the four components of passer rating. But you knew that.

    PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 5.2 yards per attempt

    Anderson: 4.9 yards per attempt

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 5.4

    CAREER

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 6.4

    Good point, by the way. You're right. Quinn does have the slight edge over Anderson of late there, too.

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

    @atenears said:

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

    You raised the objection. I answered it. Don't know if you saw, but

    Passing YARDS? You want to see how many passing yards he has? Does the 304 vs. Detroit make you mess your pants? Because Anderson, the big time QB, has tossed for more three times! Three times! In just 25 more games! With a quality group of receivers, nonetheless. I've never seen anyone so intent on looking at passing yards.

    So win %s: Is Derek Anderson a winner? The Browns have 1 win against a team with a .500+ record in their last 27 games. It wasn't QBed by Derek Anderson. He's 6-11 over the past two seasons. Quinn is 3-12. Does that do it for you? Anderson has a better win % than Quinn. Do you believe that makes him a better QB?

  • This thread suggests that Holmgren should have some reaction toward Anderson that is more impressive than what he had toward Hasselbeck. Based on two and a quarter atrocious seasons, in which he was outplayed by a QB who's so terrible he doesn't deserve a job (he doesn't throw for many yards, even if he gains more yards per pass attempt than Anderson). It's so ridiculous it's unbelievable. If you want someone to grant the original point, I'll grant it. Then I'll say that if it's true that Holmgren would be excited to work with Anderson, he'd downright spritz in his pants at the thought of Quinn. Don't you think that's absolutely ridiculous?

  • @trodgers said:

    Yards per attempt is one of the four components of passer rating. But you knew that.

    PAST SEASON

    Quinn: 5.2 yards per attempt

    Anderson: 4.9 yards per attempt

    PAST TWO SEASONS

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 5.4

    CAREER

    Quinn: 5.4

    Anderson: 6.4

    Good point, by the way. You're right. Quinn does have the slight edge over Anderson of late there, too.

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

    @atenears said:

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

    Well, it's good to see ya finally coming around Ate.... 😉

  • @atenears said:

    Awesome, this Quinn kid is good ... and I bet he is sturdy and durable too! Why haven't we been playing him? He should have at least started this season or been handed the team to finish-out last season.

    I wanna see more, I wanna see more ... please, please, he must have a ton of passing yards. Show us the passing yards and the win percentages!

    (on edge of seat)

    See Zippy, and you said this kid hasn't done anything.

    (insert video clip on Lions game)

    You raised the objection. I answered it. Don't know if you saw, but

    Passing YARDS? You want to see how many passing yards he has? Does the 304 vs. Detroit make you mess your pants? Because Anderson, the big time QB, has tossed for more three times! Three times! In just 25 more games! With a quality group of receivers, nonetheless. I've never seen anyone so intent on looking at passing yards.

    So win %s: Is Derek Anderson a winner? The Browns have 1 win against a team with a .500+ record in their last 27 games. It wasn't QBed by Derek Anderson. He's 6-11 over the past two seasons. Quinn is 3-12. Does that do it for you? Anderson has a better win % than Quinn. Do you believe that makes him a better QB?

    @trodgers said:

    Anderson has a better win % than Quinn.

    I thought so.

  • @trodgers said:

    Anderson has a better win % than Quinn.

    I thought so.

    @atenears said:

    I thought so.

    Dude single-handedly won so many games it's insane. He's just a champion, through and through.

  • Why are we discussing Anderson when he is not going to be a Brown. And who cares about what BQ vs DA stats say? They both suck. But one comes much cheaper. And nothing - I mean nothing - Holmgren has in his toolbox can fix the tragedy that is Derek Anderson. That dog just won't hunt.

  • Anderson is a goner he is paid way to much for to little and quinn may be a goner just because mangini nor daboll like him.....