Skip to content

Video of Holmgren's Press Conference

The Browns Board
7 6 811
  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I like what I am hearing so far.

    Link to Video

  • J JoeSixPat wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Seems to me like Holmgren has some pride and ego riding on HIS ability to restore this franchise to the greatness it once had and still deserves.

    Ego isn't a bad thing - but it is a bad thing if you're Eric Mangini.

    I have a feeling that Holmgren wants rebuilding this franchise to be HIS accomplishment, and the Gatorade bath by the 3rd String QB could backfire in a way that will reaffirm to Holmgren that keeping Mangini might make any success Mangini's accomplishment

    Getting rid of Mangini now - aside from for all the logical reasons - makes sense for Holmgren if he has any ego involved in this process. Given the benefit of new free agents (who will come now that Holmgren's there) and a last place schedule next year, one could see the Browns rising to mediocrity.

    And if some fans are so gung ho in support of Mangini after winning meaningless games at the end of a season where the Defense and Offense were both ranked #32, firing Mangini once he goes 7-9 might be impossible for Holmgren.

  • I like what I am hearing so far.

    Link to Video

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #3

    @bonedawg said:

    I like what I am hearing so far.

    Link to Video

    I like the man a lot thusfar ,it sounds like EM has a legit chance as long as he doesnt come to the meeting bellowing bullshit out of both ends...he will really need to be fully onboard and sincere..

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I remember one meaningful game Joe. We threw your bitch ass steelers out of the playoffs and made ward and tomlin cry like little girls in the process.

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I have a feeling that Holmgren wants rebuilding this franchise to be HIS accomplishment

    ,,,about the smartest thing you've said!

  • I have a feeling that Holmgren wants rebuilding this franchise to be HIS accomplishment

    ,,,about the smartest thing you've said!

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @solon16 said:

    I have a feeling that Holmgren wants rebuilding this franchise to be HIS accomplishment

    ,,,about the smartest thing you've said!

    If Holmgren didn't want it to be his accomplishment, he wouldn't have taken the job but it's not something one can do alone. The fact is, he's going to need a head coach and a GM and a security chief, and someone in charge of concessions at the stadium, etc. He has to work with other people.

  • Seems to me like Holmgren has some pride and ego riding on HIS ability to restore this franchise to the greatness it once had and still deserves.

    Ego isn't a bad thing - but it is a bad thing if you're Eric Mangini.

    I have a feeling that Holmgren wants rebuilding this franchise to be HIS accomplishment, and the Gatorade bath by the 3rd String QB could backfire in a way that will reaffirm to Holmgren that keeping Mangini might make any success Mangini's accomplishment

    Getting rid of Mangini now - aside from for all the logical reasons - makes sense for Holmgren if he has any ego involved in this process. Given the benefit of new free agents (who will come now that Holmgren's there) and a last place schedule next year, one could see the Browns rising to mediocrity.

    And if some fans are so gung ho in support of Mangini after winning meaningless games at the end of a season where the Defense and Offense were both ranked #32, firing Mangini once he goes 7-9 might be impossible for Holmgren.

    S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @joesixpat said:

    Seems to me like Holmgren has some pride and ego riding on HIS ability to restore this franchise to the greatness it once had and still deserves.

    Did you really say that or am I going crazy?