Skip to content

if you were in mike holmgrens spot

The Browns Board
9 8 707
  • B BuckeyeBest2 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    what would you do for a GM, what would you do with Mangini and what would you do with cribbs situation?

    GM-id try to get Heckert

    Keep Mangini

    Give Cribbs a max between 2.5 mil and 3 mil and have him take it or leave it and that he will not get traded or released so his only other choice would be hold out 4 year or retire for 4 years (when his contract with the browns is over)

  • B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I would throw Lumberg into Lake Erie for starters......

    And get Rich4Eagle his medication....

    Then keep EM.... and pay Cribbs.... and get Heckert.... and get a QB

  • what would you do for a GM, what would you do with Mangini and what would you do with cribbs situation?

    GM-id try to get Heckert

    Keep Mangini

    Give Cribbs a max between 2.5 mil and 3 mil and have him take it or leave it and that he will not get traded or released so his only other choice would be hold out 4 year or retire for 4 years (when his contract with the browns is over)

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #3

    @buckeyebest2 said:

    what would you do for a GM, what would you do with Mangini and what would you do with cribbs situation?

    Hire one

    Keep him, with some conditions on his OC and QB

    PAY HIM!!

    and lastly, hire 10 strippers to dance for me weekly, cause I'm filthy rich

  • K kvozel wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Keep cashing my paychecks until Lerner catches on.

    Drink heavily.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I like heckert but he has some strings attached that i would have to take into account...

    Try to work any major differences out with mangini including him sending daboll packing..

    Offer cribbs 3.5 mil the current offer of 1.4 mil is indeed insulting..

    I would fire dawn aponte yesterday...

    I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it....😉

  • I like heckert but he has some strings attached that i would have to take into account...

    Try to work any major differences out with mangini including him sending daboll packing..

    Offer cribbs 3.5 mil the current offer of 1.4 mil is indeed insulting..

    I would fire dawn aponte yesterday...

    I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it....😉

    B BuckeyeBest2 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @gips said:

    I like heckert but he has some strings attached that i would have to take into account...

    Try to work any major differences out with mangini including him sending daboll packing..

    Offer cribbs 3.5 mil the current offer of 1.4 mil is indeed insulting..

    I would fire dawn aponte yesterday...

    I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it....😉

    maybe if he actually did something not involving special teams

    if he wasnt good at ST he wouldnt be in the NFL

  • BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Sign up on THE BROWNS BOARD

    with a clever user name like "NOW SHOWING"

    Then keep us all in the loop 😁

  • I like heckert but he has some strings attached that i would have to take into account...

    Try to work any major differences out with mangini including him sending daboll packing..

    Offer cribbs 3.5 mil the current offer of 1.4 mil is indeed insulting..

    I would fire dawn aponte yesterday...

    I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it....😉

    daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by daydawg19
    #8

    @gips said:

    I like heckert but he has some strings attached that i would have to take into account...

    Try to work any major differences out with mangini including him sending daboll packing..

    Offer cribbs 3.5 mil the current offer of 1.4 mil is indeed insulting..

    I would fire dawn aponte yesterday...

    I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it....😉

    "I would trade DA for a new domino's pizza and then invite lums to the office to help eat it.... "

    I don't think Stan would like that. 😁

  • what would you do for a GM, what would you do with Mangini and what would you do with cribbs situation?

    GM-id try to get Heckert

    Keep Mangini

    Give Cribbs a max between 2.5 mil and 3 mil and have him take it or leave it and that he will not get traded or released so his only other choice would be hold out 4 year or retire for 4 years (when his contract with the browns is over)

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @buckeyebest2 said:

    what would you do for a GM, what would you do with Mangini and what would you do with cribbs situation?

    GM-id try to get Heckert

    Keep Mangini

    Give Cribbs a max between 2.5 mil and 3 mil and have him take it or leave it and that he will not get traded or released so his only other choice would be hold out 4 year or retire for 4 years (when his contract with the browns is over)

    First thing I would do is go out on the town for a weekend and meet the people of surrounding bars nightclubs and very loyal browns organizations just to see and meet the types of fans and lobbyist connected with the Browns. (MH is smart like the way he referred to the Browns Fans all over the world)

    Second I evaluate from the bottom up (as far a football operations). Cribbs is the real deal i make him a Brown for life if i can. He is well on his way to the Hall. same thing with Harrison they need him to come back next year

    imagine if he tacks on another 4 or 5 returns in his career. The league seems very interested in the WildDawg or variations of it. hey at one point it seemed very unorthodox to even throw the ball. So if the league goes there we've already got the perfect guy. I would even try him at safety. You know he can tackle, can you imagine him picking off a pass then returning it against offensive players that don't usually tackle people--would make him a game changer for sure.

    Next would be a hard decision. what do i do with mangini. Well hes not my guy, but he did well down the stretch, but he messed up the whole hiring a Gm deal, but the guys all want him there like they ALWAYS say.......... ehh to much baggage and to much of a shadow of a doubt about this guy. I'm a straight to the point guy and mangini is a shadow games/mind games coach so he has got to go. Nothing personal just not a match here, hey The Browns are paying me a bunch of money and i want it my way.

    Then i go get the best GM on the market prob the cat from philly (don't know his name) and sit and evaluate from the remaining pool of coaches to bring to cleveland might just be a guy that can build me a legit football team.

    In the Draft i get lineman make the d and o line monsters and go from there....