Harrison
-
Harrison has his way with the defense for 2 or 3 series, yet he isn't in when the game is on the line. Can anyone come up with a halfway decent excuse why?
-
Harrison has his way with the defense for 2 or 3 series, yet he isn't in when the game is on the line. Can anyone come up with a halfway decent excuse why?
-
I just don't get it, he had over 100 yards on the ground, and a bunch through the air, how can the coaching staff not put him in?
-
I think he got injured when he slammed into the bench. Otherwise he would have been back in. . . or so I would hope.
I didn't hear them say what happened to Harrison.
But, whatever the reason, after his long run he only touched the ball two more times, the nine-yard run and penalty and the long wheel route catch.
Can we PLEASE get this guy in the game more? We need to move to an official committee system at RB already. Enough with Lewis 3.5 yard average.
-
I'm so done with Lewis running 1 in a cloud of smoke. Harrison makes the offense so much more dynamic and wide open. Harrison had 3 rushes for 80 yards, plus however many receiving yards...
-
He has a hammy, right?
-
He has a hammy, right?
I didn't hear that, Ocon, that's why I was confused.
He had the TD run, the 9 yard run + penalty and the big catch and then nothing.
If they said he was out, I missed it.
-
He has a hammy, right?
I didn't hear that, Ocon, that's why I was confused.
He had the TD run, the 9 yard run + penalty and the big catch and then nothing.
If they said he was out, I missed it.
-
Wouldn't matter if he hurt his hammy or not, that's what they normally give him a game. Meanwhile, we get to watch Lewis cut into the box for two yards when one outside cut gets him ten or Harrison yard.
-
I think that Harrison is a serious playmaker and JL is on his way out. While I won't disregard JL's contribution (his 'smashmouth' style does damage - even if minimally in some games) it seems like everytime Harrison is on the field the Offense gels. Plus BQ has to be more comfortable with Harrison since they're played together on second string for so long.
-
Check out the clip. He's was shot out of a cannon. Wow. He just smoked the DB's. Bam!
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/multimedia/...yer.php?id=5555
-
The best part is they showed Romeo's face after the TD, he didn't even look happy! He seriously looked pissed.
-
RAC is pissed because he finally realized that Harrison was on the team. Up until tonight, Harrison just popped up in game films with RAC asking, "When did we sign this guy?"
-
we definitely need to move to a running back committee system. it's painfully obvious that jamal lewis simply isn't getting it done. plus, the best running teams in the NFL use committee systems. the giants are the best example. their 3-headed monster has power and speed that defenses can't adjust to.
harrison and lewis could be effective like willie parker and jerome bettis were and we could actually run the ball effectively. lewis 3.5 ypc is killing us on first down, when we always run. plus, if lewis is averaging 3.5 per carry, then there are a substantial amount of times that he actually gets less than 3.5.
we really need to find a viable second running back (to back up harrison once the new staff anoints him the starter). this year's draft is gonna be crucial.
-
we definitely need to move to a running back committee system. it's painfully obvious that jamal lewis simply isn't getting it done. plus, the best running teams in the NFL use committee systems. the giants are the best example. their 3-headed monster has power and speed that defenses can't adjust to.
harrison and lewis could be effective like willie parker and jerome bettis were and we could actually run the ball effectively. lewis 3.5 ypc is killing us on first down, when we always run. plus, if lewis is averaging 3.5 per carry, then there are a substantial amount of times that he actually gets less than 3.5.
we really need to find a viable second running back (to back up harrison once the new staff anoints him the starter). this year's draft is gonna be crucial.
we definitely need to move to a running back committee system. it's painfully obvious that jamal lewis simply isn't getting it done. plus, the best running teams in the NFL use committee systems. the giants are the best example. their 3-headed monster has power and speed that defenses can't adjust to.
harrison and lewis could be effective like willie parker and jerome bettis were and we could actually run the ball effectively. lewis 3.5 ypc is killing us on first down, when we always run. plus, if lewis is averaging 3.5 per carry, then there are a substantial amount of times that he actually gets less than 3.5.
we really need to find a viable second running back (to back up harrison once the new staff anoints him the starter). this year's draft is gonna be crucial.
I tell you what...I sure would have liked to handoff the ball to Brandon Jacobs at the end of the last three games.

-
we definitely need to move to a running back committee system. it's painfully obvious that jamal lewis simply isn't getting it done. plus, the best running teams in the NFL use committee systems. the giants are the best example. their 3-headed monster has power and speed that defenses can't adjust to.
harrison and lewis could be effective like willie parker and jerome bettis were and we could actually run the ball effectively. lewis 3.5 ypc is killing us on first down, when we always run. plus, if lewis is averaging 3.5 per carry, then there are a substantial amount of times that he actually gets less than 3.5.
we really need to find a viable second running back (to back up harrison once the new staff anoints him the starter). this year's draft is gonna be crucial.
I tell you what...I sure would have liked to handoff the ball to Brandon Jacobs at the end of the last three games.

I tell you what...I sure would have liked to handoff the ball to Brandon Jacobs at the end of the last three games.

I agree. I think that could be Jamal in the 4th quarter if we moved Harrison to be our feature back, and spell him with a down of Jamal here & there. From everything I've seen, Harrison is an underrated, bigger Reggie Bush. Quinn threw a good (can I say 'great,' or is that faggy?) ball on that floater and Harrison's high-wire act footwork to pick up the extra yards on the sideline was really remarkable. Embarrassing for me as a fan of this organization that he doesnt get at least 10 touches a game. Jamal looked improved the series immediately following the Harrison show. The between the tackles play calling for JL should be reserved for the goal line, following Heiden & Vickers/Ali. That's it. Not between the 20's.
Feature Harrison, spread the D with him on his runs and then screen him up the middle. He's got the effing hands and the moves/ speed. If we get a little better protection up the middle from our Line, this horseshit "what if" re: Harrison's blitz pickups dont matter as Quinn is mobile enough to buy some time to let Harrison set up a screen in the middle or the flats. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ROCKET SCIENCE?
-
Gee, I wonder why he blew his hammy, let the guy run down the field on special teams.... sit him on the bench in 25 degree weather.
Put him in for 2 to 3 plays, let him bust out big yards running down field on cold muscles, and blow his hammy.
Now it could have been because he was thrown into a bench, but I don't think that was the case, he went shoulder first.
Either way, it's BS that Harrison isn't on the field and getting the bulk of the touches, he can catch, slash, go inside, go outside. But he doesn't pick up the blitz you say? Ok, well maybe you can COACH him and make him better in that area?
He saved our ass last night with the TD run and the third down grab and run. Game ball goes to this guy for sure.
-
Bringing a fresh Lewis into the game during the 4th quarter for short yardage sounds fine to me, but obviously it requires another RB to share the load.
Don't give up on Lewis, just use him wisely, and stop the useless beatings he takining on dumb play calling. He is one of the few Browns who is earning his check.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login