Skip to content

MANGINI & COACHING STAFF WILL RETURN

The Browns Board
70 44 6.7k
  • ESPN is reporting they will all return.....Good news for me....Link coming when it is uploaded to espn.com

  • per twitter..

    Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Mike Holmgren informed Eric Mangini and his full staff they will return to work in 2010 - then said, Let's get to work.

  • Eric Mangini will return for another season as head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

    Browns president Mike Holmgren informed the entire Browns coaching staff that they would return for the 2010 season after three days of meetings with Mangini, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

    Mangini went 5-11 in his first season with the Browns, who finished with a four-game winning streak.

    Holmgren is also interviewing general manager candidates this week. On Wednesday, Eagles GM Tom Heckert visited the Browns. Per league rules, Heckert could not be hired by Cleveland until Philadelphia completes its season.

    In addition, Will Lewis, the director of pro personnel for the Seattle Seahawks, will interview for the Cleveland Browns' general manager's job Friday, a source told ESPN.com.

    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

  • borat-very-nice.jpg
  • Hahahahahahhaa suck on that CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc

    all those faggots that said he would be gone are eating crow.

  • Wish I could see Mike Florio's face right now.

  • this awesome, god bless mangini and god bless holmgren.

    youll probably want to avoid espn radio stations for the next 12 months.

  • Wish I could see Mike Florio's face right now.

    @next2nothing said:

    Wish I could see Mike Florio's face right now.

    This is great news! Now we can get to work to build a great football team! Thanks Holmgren!

  • I wore my "BELIEVELAND" shirt today, just for this. I was holding out hope that Eric would stay. I guess the shirt finally paid off.

  • @next2nothing said:

    Wish I could see Mike Florio's face right now.

    This is great news! Now we can get to work to build a great football team! Thanks Holmgren!

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    This is great news! Now we can get to work to build a great football team! Thanks Holmgren!

    We've been at work building it and clearly Holmgren recognized what's been going on and put aside stupid things like "bottlegate" and "the busride from hell" and saw that we have a good core of players who are here to contribute as a team.

    now, if they'd only give cribbs a bit more cash we'll be in good shape for next year.

  • Well, it appears that I am wrong (again).

    I respect Holmgren's knowledge of the game and the NFL and can live with the decision to keep Mangini.

    HUGE offseason underway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!! I just jumped up and ran around the office! Of course everyone looked at me like i was nuts! Thank you Mr. Holmgren and Coach Mangini for putting egos aside and giving this a go and making things work! I have all the more respect for Holmgren now and am pumped to see these two great minds work together. Look out afc north there is a storm brewing on lake erie!!!!! Lets get it boys lets go to work!

  • I can only say one thing about this WOOOOHOOOO!

  • Yay!

  • Who would of thunk it midway through the season we'd be this happy about keeping Mangini as our HC. I'll have to admit the guy really impressed the shit out me down the stretch. Im glad he's staying along with Ryan I think the best is yet to come! Now if we can give Cribbs a reasonable contract not Hester money(2.5 for the remaining 3 years) than we'll be good to set our sights on the offseason..

  • Let's go browns!!! GO MANGINI AND HOLMGREN!!!

  • This is great news and puts an end to the bullcrap that holmgren is or would be unfair...i think its safe to assume our organization is coming together nicely we are going to kick some serious pukesburgh ass next year and as for daboll ,if he is good enough to survive holmgren he is good enough for me...😉

    this proves Holmgren has not analyzed the situation and is out of his league in the front office.

    Holmgren is as lost as Mangini who won a whopping 5 games - 4 of which were won after a 1-11 start!

    Sorry you feel that way crummy but i think you "missed it" mangini and daboll will pour more on now that the infamous essential basic techniques have been achieved...mangini is going to turn cleveland into sparta and when he is done we will have a real killing machine on both sides of the ball...mangini is doing it right and thats why holmgren bought into his plan..it is the right way to build a champion...😉

  • This just in.....

    A private party at ESPN headquarters celebrating Eric Mangini's termination was interrupted by a wide-spread vomit outbreak. Apparently, party-goers were simultaneusly tweeted that Mangini will in fact stay on for another year as the coach of the Cleveland Browns. When news broke, vomiting ensued. Jon Clayton was seen curled up in a corner slowly wiping vomit stains from his tie reportedly whispering to himself that everything will be alright. Incredibly relevant Cleveland media members such as Mark "Munch" Rizzo, Greg Reghi, and Mary Kay Grossi were involved in an altercation at the highest point of the interstate 480 bridge. Each was reportadly hand-in-hand chanting "it doesn't matter if he's a good coach. It's about personality, it doesn't matter if he's a good coach. It's about personality" while preparing to make the leap when they were talked down by superstar offensive coordinator Marty Morningweg. Apparently the allure of Morningweg's genius and charm was too much to ignore and they made their way to safety. We here at BrownsBoard.com are sorry to report that each one of the local celebrities is safe.

    THANK YOU MIKE!!! I COULDN'T BE MORE IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • I want to make an important observation. We are all far more excited about this than we were with the Holmgren hiring. When was the last time we were happy with our coach? Browns Board proving again that it has the highest concentration of intelligent Browns fans.

    Thanks Eric!