Skip to content

Dawson is awesome

The Browns Board
11 7 956
  • Remember last year, when Mr. T thought Dawson was washed up and couldn't kick long anymore?

    Yeah, I do too. Yay 56 yarder!

  • It doesn't matter when you have faggots on defense that don't care about winning.

  • I'm just trying to be happy about the offense. I'm trying not to think about the defense at all actually.

  • Phil Dawson is the MVP on this team.

    DWJ

  • I'm just trying to be happy about the offense. I'm trying not to think about the defense at all actually.

    @nicksilvy said:

    I'm just trying to be happy about the offense. I'm trying not to think about the defense at all actually.

    What defense?

  • As good as Dawson is, I'd swap him with Ray Finkle if we could get a real defense.

  • Where is JADBF at? We use to stick up for Dawson religiously on Nav's board.

    Fans are ridiculously clueless and spoiled about kickers.

    I've seen it the most at OSU. Our fans got so spoiled by having exceptional kickers at the college level that they flip out when a guy misses a kick.

  • I think that is a yard off the club record of 57 yards by Steve Cox sometime in the mid 70s.

    At any rate...I have always liked Dawson...he is a reliable kicker we can probably count on another 5-6 years....maybe more...those guys have been known to play 20+ seasons.

  • I think that is a yard off the club record of 57 yards by Steve Cox sometime in the mid 70s.

    At any rate...I have always liked Dawson...he is a reliable kicker we can probably count on another 5-6 years....maybe more...those guys have been known to play 20+ seasons.

    @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a yard off the club record of 57 yards by Steve Cox sometime in the mid 70s.

    At any rate...I have always liked Dawson...he is a reliable kicker we can probably count on another 5-6 years....maybe more...those guys have been known to play 20+ seasons.

    I thought Cox went for 60 at the end of the half against Cincy?

    He of the straight on style and also the punter.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a yard off the club record of 57 yards by Steve Cox sometime in the mid 70s.

    At any rate...I have always liked Dawson...he is a reliable kicker we can probably count on another 5-6 years....maybe more...those guys have been known to play 20+ seasons.

    I thought Cox went for 60 at the end of the half against Cincy?

    He of the straight on style and also the punter.

    @riffer-x said:

    I thought Cox went for 60 at the end of the half against Cincy?

    He of the straight on style and also the punter.

    Riff your memory is dead on. Steve Cox definately nailed a 60 against the Bungles. Matt Bahr handled the 49 and unders and Steve Cox got the 50+.

    Doug

  • This was driving me nuts so I looked it up.

    LONGEST FIELD GOALS

    1. 60 — Steve Cox at Cincinnati Bengals, Oct. 21, 1984

    2. 58 — Steve Cox at Denver Broncos, Dec. 4, 1983

    3. 57 — Don Cockroft at Denver Broncos, Oct. 29, 1972

    4. 55 — Matt Stover at Houston Oilers, Nov. 17, 1991

    5. 53 — Matt Stover at Houston Oilers, Dec. 12, 1993

    6. 52 — Phil Dawson vs. Oakland Raiders, Oct. 12, 2003

    52 — Phil Dawson vs. Cincinnati Bengals, Sept. 15, 2002

    52 — Matt Bahr at Minnesota Vikings, Oct. 26, 1986

    52 — Lou Groza vs. New York Giants, Oct. 12, 1952

    10. 51 — Phil Dawson at Baltimore Ravens, Dec. 17, 2006

    51 — Matt Stover vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Oct. 11, 1992

    51 — Don Cockroft vs. St. Louis Cardinals, Oct. 28, 1979

    51 — Lou Groza vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Oct. 28, 1962

    51 — Lou Groza vs. Chicago Cardinals, Dec. 16, 1956