STALLWORTH BACK?!?!
-
i would hope the browns would cut him (unless his money is guaranteed) and sign a fa wr that can actually stay healthy and contribute on gameday. why waste money like that on stalworthless if you don't have to? he was one of savage's worst signings. talk about overpaying for a player, sheesh!
-
He's going to be out of shape and is going to slow the development of our younger WRs, cut him and let the Bengals sign him since that's where all the felons and troublemakers go, or the Raiders.
0.1% chance he stays.
-
It's not just about team chemistry, but if he's taking up a starting spot then he will be taking a starting spot from someone say like Brian Robiskie, no one has any idea what there is in him until he plays more, so by playing Stallworth you are slowing the growth of the WRs due to playing time.
The only way I'd accept having him back is if he were the 4th or 5th receiver on the team and played in certain situations, the guy was garbage in 08 and I don't think he caught more than 17 passes the entire season. There's no reason to reward morons who go drinking with Braylon Edwards(also a moron) and then go drinking and driving causing manslaughter(doesn't matter if it was unintended, terrible choice), reward the hard working players instead.
I hope he changes for the best but would not like him back, I'm sure some other team would sign him anyway.
-
Just seen it on 19 news that after the super bowl they are giong to reinstate him into the league. wat are we going to do with him?
Just seen it on 19 news that after the super bowl they are gong to reinstate him into the league. Wat are we going to do with him?
Have him clean the locker room for minimum wage.
-
i'm sure andy reid or marvin lewis already has a contract written up for him.
-
i'm sure andy reid or marvin lewis already has a contract written up for him.
i'm sure andy reid or marvin lewis already has a contract written up for him.
I would put money on it Mudrat!
For all his lack of production the man still has speed and it wasn't like he was locked up for a long time with atrophy setting in (as was Vick).
I read somewhere his contract is "only" for $1.5 mil next year, seems affordable. If he is a changed man, humble and willing to do anything to help the team I say bring him back. If Holmgren brings him back though at that price what does he say to Cribbs with his $1.4 mil offer?
-
Just seen it on 19 news that after the super bowl they are giong to reinstate him into the league. wat are we going to do with him?
Just seen it on 19 news that after the super bowl they are giong to reinstate him into the league. wat are we going to do with him?
How many TDs has he scored here since arriving here? There's a REASON none of his teams wanted to keep him. People seemed to forget HOW BAD this guy jammed alot of people this year regardless of what anyone's take is on partying til someone dies is. Bottom line: the Browns gave him a bonus to stay and that SAME bonus ended up being the reason he couldn't even PLAY 1 down. I'm guessing he had ther cake to hire a limo driver or at least a taxi. This guy never lit it up as a 1st round draft pick and I'm not sure he's ever had the innerchest to do so.
I call this a crappy investment we should definitely cut ties with.
- Tom F.
-
It's not just about team chemistry, but if he's taking up a starting spot then he will be taking a starting spot from someone say like Brian Robiskie, no one has any idea what there is in him until he plays more, so by playing Stallworth you are slowing the growth of the WRs due to playing time.
The only way I'd accept having him back is if he were the 4th or 5th receiver on the team and played in certain situations, the guy was garbage in 08 and I don't think he caught more than 17 passes the entire season. There's no reason to reward morons who go drinking with Braylon Edwards(also a moron) and then go drinking and driving causing manslaughter(doesn't matter if it was unintended, terrible choice), reward the hard working players instead.
I hope he changes for the best but would not like him back, I'm sure some other team would sign him anyway.
It's not just about team chemistry, but if he's taking up a starting spot then he will be taking a starting spot from someone say like Brian Robiskie, no one has any idea what there is in him until he plays more, so by playing Stallworth you are slowing the growth of the WRs due to playing time.
The only way I'd accept having him back is if he were the 4th or 5th receiver on the team and played in certain situations, the guy was garbage in 08 and I don't think he caught more than 17 passes the entire season. There's no reason to reward morons who go drinking with Braylon Edwards(also a moron) and then go drinking and driving causing manslaughter(doesn't matter if it was unintended, terrible choice), reward the hard working players instead.
I hope he changes for the best but would not like him back, I'm sure some other team would sign him anyway.
Sorry, beef, but that's just a bit too expensive for a 4th/5th receiver. I like Stuckey way more than Stallworth already. See, Stuckey plays through stuff. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that the whole situation happened and I'm sure Donte is living with this every day, but it's not personal just business.
Cut him.
-
he's done in Cleveland
-
Maybe we can use his money to lock up Cribbs!!!! Just a thought.
-
Maybe we can use his money to lock up Cribbs!!!! Just a thought.
Maybe we can use his money to lock up Cribbs!!!! Just a thought.
It's a good one Cambridgeho. What kind of message would the organization send for paying Stallworth all the cake Cribbs deserves? They should punt, pass and kick Stallworth's empty chest cavity right outta here. And, this just in, he's an SEC guy!
- Tom F.
-
Maybe we can use his money to lock up Cribbs!!!! Just a thought.
It's a good one Cambridgeho. What kind of message would the organization send for paying Stallworth all the cake Cribbs deserves? They should punt, pass and kick Stallworth's empty chest cavity right outta here. And, this just in, he's an SEC guy!
- Tom F.
It's a good one Cambridgeho. What kind of message would the organization send for paying Stallworth all the cake Cribbs deserves? They should punt, pass and kick Stallworth's empty chest cavity right outta here. And, this just in, he's an SEC guy!
- Tom F.
+1 Tom. Add in Stallworth is mighty fragile- 1\2 the time he's ended the season on IR, and his recent stats are no better than MoMass'.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login