Skip to content

attending any concerts this year?

Barber Shop Talk
36 12 2.5k
  • this will be my first time seeing them since 2006. my fandom has increased a hundred fold since then. can't wait.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mudratdetector said:

    this will be my first time seeing them since 2006. my fandom has increased a hundred fold since then. can't wait.

    I wonder why a huge amount of Phish fans like Ween? Besides drugs, there really isn't a similarity there.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #23

    phish covers "roses are free". that may have something to do with it. i enjoy mostly the really old stuff that is really rough around the edges like godweensatan that is just the duo with the drum machine.

    oddly enough, the only other time that i saw ween, they opened for trey anastasio

  • phish covers "roses are free". that may have something to do with it. i enjoy mostly the really old stuff that is really rough around the edges like godweensatan that is just the duo with the drum machine.

    oddly enough, the only other time that i saw ween, they opened for trey anastasio

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mudratdetector said:

    phish covers "roses are free". that may have something to do with it. i enjoy mostly the really old stuff that is really rough around the edges like godweensatan that is just the duo with the drum machine.

    oddly enough, the only other time that i saw ween, they opened for trey anastasio

    Well Phish also covers Smells Like Teen Spirit. I don't see too many Nirvana fans liking Phish, lol....

    Yea I have godweensatan, great album.

    I think they write most of their shit with 5, 8 Balls and a drum machine.

    Baby Bitch could be one of my favorite songs of Ween.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #25

    i've never seen that vid before. that's awesome. lifetime???

  • H hitlormark09 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Nice post.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #27

    saw phish on friday @ deer creek (indianapolis). it ruled per usual.

  • saw phish on friday @ deer creek (indianapolis). it ruled per usual.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
    #28

    @mudratdetector said:

    saw phish on friday @ deer creek (indianapolis). it ruled per usual.

    Come on they suck, lol. You know we don't see eye to eye on it. But I am sure you had fun. I saw the Dead at Deer Creek way long ago.

    A band you got to see, Fu Manchu, Sept 9th at the Grog Shop.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by MudratDetector
    #29

    deer creek has changed so much. it's not the little laidback cornfield mecca for camping concert-goers anymore. xxxxing malls and development everywhere. from the time that i started seeing shows there (2002) through today, it's like night and day 🙁

    :end of hippy/nostalgic rant:

  • deer creek has changed so much. it's not the little laidback cornfield mecca for camping concert-goers anymore. xxxxing malls and development everywhere. from the time that i started seeing shows there (2002) through today, it's like night and day 🙁

    :end of hippy/nostalgic rant:

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mudratdetector said:

    deer creek has changed so much. it's not the little laidback cornfield mecca for camping concert-goers anymore. xxxxing malls and development everywhere. from the time that i started seeing shows there (2002) through today, it's like night and day 🙁

    :end of hippy/nostalgic rant:

    Nah, man I am the farthest from a hippy their is. I have experienced it all (except for my nemisis, lol). I saw the dead in 1998, I believe. And as far as I remember, all their were there were windmills and jellybean animals.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Going to see Roger Waters the 26th of this month. (Love Pink Floyd, I'll take seeing Waters doing the wall, thankfully he sang most of it anyway) Trying to see Citizen Cope in October and I'd LOVE to see Killswitch Engage but I'm not sure I want to drive out of the state to see them.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #32

    i saw roger's 2006 tour where he did dark side and an assortment of classic floyd. great show. BEST soundsystem ever. he had speakers lining the wall at the back of the lawn and it made for quite the spectacle.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I'm going to see Shinedown's acoustic tour in Youngstown at Powers Auditorium mid November. Can't wait it will be my first concert...long overdue

  • A apparelcandy wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I can't wait for the next concert I am attending... 🙂 It is surely be an enjoying experience once again.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #35

    heading out next weekend to catch jason isbell while he's in town. pretty excited. hoping for a truckers tune or two.

  • C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by Chicopee John
    #36

    Going to see Kenny Vance and the Planotones in June. CAN"T WAIT!