Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Preferred Winners

Preferred Winners

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
25 Posts 17 Posters 2.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    With the first round over now, here are my preferred choices for victory in the divisional round of playoffs. This isn't necessarily who I predict would win but is who I would prefer to see win:

    NFC:

    Minnesota over Dallas. Vikings have never won since their 1960 inception. If Cowboys don't win a title for another 100 years, its OK with me.

    New Orleans over Arizona. Though the Cardinals are the most forlorn franchise in the NFL and I would want to see them finally break through and win, the Phoenix area had a fairly recent title (2001) when the Diamondbacks won. And the Cardinals haven't been in Arizona that long. New Orleans however has never had a major league professional sports title.

    AFC:

    Chargers over Jets. San Diego hasn't had a title since the 1963 AFL Chargers won. While it has also been over 40 years since the Jets won a title, the New York area gets more than its share of titles from its other franchises.

    Ravens over Colts. Normally I would never choose the Ratbirds, but for two reasons I choose them: 1. Because the Colts/Indy have won more recently than Baltimore, and 2. because I really do want to see the Chargers win the AFC, and having the Ravens beat the Colts means the Chargers could host the AFC championship game with a better chance to go to the Super Bowl.

    Preferred Super Bowl match: San Diego vs. New Orleans

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
      • 4k Posts
      • 139 Reputation
      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
      #2

      NFC:

      Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

      New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

      AFC:

      Chargers over Jets. Braylon Edwards is a loser, therefore the Jets will lose.

      Colts over Ravens. New England Patriots on the decline the Colts are not.

      Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

      The GipperT ATENEARSA 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

        NFC:

        Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

        New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

        AFC:

        Chargers over Jets. Braylon Edwards is a loser, therefore the Jets will lose.

        Colts over Ravens. New England Patriots on the decline the Colts are not.

        Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @atenears said:

        NFC:

        Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

        New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

        AFC:

        Chargers over Jets. Braylon Edwards is a loser, therefore the Jets will lose.

        Colts over Ravens. New England Patriots on the decline the Colts are not.

        Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

        Are you saying you prefer to see the Cowboys win, or simply that you think they will win?

        ATENEARSA 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Pumpkin Eater P
          • 4k Posts
          • 297 Reputation
          P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
          #4

          ugh. It's been that kind of sports year. The Yankees and Lakers have already won, so why not the Cowboys. Wouldn't surprise me. Yuck.

          :neutral_face:
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            NFC:

            Minnesota over Dallas - "America's Team" baloney.

            New Orleans over Arizona. Arizona? Boring. New Orleans in the super bowl would be fun.

            AFC:

            Chargers over Jets. Even though I'd like to see Edwards drop a record # of passes, causing the Jets to lose the superbowl...

            we'd never hear the end of his bragging that he was the superstar that got them there with his smile.

            Colts over Ravens. I guess I'll root for the Colts here, for sure, but I don't want them going to the superbowl either.

            Preferred Super Bowl match: Chargers vs. Minnesota I don't need a hundred screen shots of Eli Manning going "yippee yippee!"

            in his lodge, and I don't need more coverage of the tragedy of Katrina in New Orleans.

            Besides, I just like the matchup, and Favre would be fun to watch in the superbowl again. Well, unless you have your money

            on Minnesota...

            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • Mr. T Mr. TM
              • 7k Posts
              • 184 Reputation
              Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Im rooting for Favre, he is America's favorite son.

              Screw the cowboys and being called America's team. They're not mine.

              Head or Gut?
              hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Mr. TM Mr. T

                Im rooting for Favre, he is America's favorite son.

                Screw the cowboys and being called America's team. They're not mine.

                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 20k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mr.-t said:

                Im rooting for Favre, he is America's favorite son.

                Screw the cowboys and being called America's team. They're not mine.

                Ditto on the Cowboys. Arrogant a-holes.

                Have to root for New Orleans, they've been down forever, though assuming the Vikings can get past the Cowboys (not a given) I see the Vikings in the SB.

                In the AFC, thanks Rats for taking the Patriots out (did Brady suck in that game or what? The Browns could have beaten them) now kindly lose to the Colts. Jets won't have the firepower to keep up with the Chargers.

                SB I'd like to see: Chargers- Saints.

                SB I think we will see: Colts- Vikings.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I called Jets-Vikings at the beginning of the season. My friend called Chargers-Saints. The loser has to take the winner out to the local Brazilian Steakhouse.

                  It's going to be Jets-Vikings. I'm flat broke, I can't afford to take him out.

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • samoth S
                    • 592 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    S samoth wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I'm still prediciting a vikings/colts Superbowl but damn I'd love to see the Cardinals take it all.

                    As long as the Ravens are in the superbowl i'm happy. I'll even take the Cowboys as long as the Ravens dont make it.

                    The Italian DawgPoundT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • The GipperT The Gipper

                      @atenears said:

                      NFC:

                      Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

                      New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

                      AFC:

                      Chargers over Jets. Braylon Edwards is a loser, therefore the Jets will lose.

                      Colts over Ravens. New England Patriots on the decline the Colts are not.

                      Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

                      Are you saying you prefer to see the Cowboys win, or simply that you think they will win?

                      ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 139 Reputation
                      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @the-gipper said:

                      Are you saying you prefer to see the Cowboys win, or simply that you think they will win?

                      Probably both. I don't mine the Cokeboys. I love Farve, but not necessarily the Purple People Eaters.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                        I called Jets-Vikings at the beginning of the season. My friend called Chargers-Saints. The loser has to take the winner out to the local Brazilian Steakhouse.

                        It's going to be Jets-Vikings. I'm flat broke, I can't afford to take him out.

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                        I called Jets-Vikings at the beginning of the season. My friend called Chargers-Saints. The loser has to take the winner out to the local Brazilian Steakhouse.

                        It's going to be Jets-Vikings. I'm flat broke, I can't afford to take him out.

                        What do you eat at a Brazilian steakhouse, Iguana?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 5k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
                          #12

                          Arizona @ Dallas for NFC title game

                          San Diego @ Indy, AFC

                          preferred Superbowl would be SD vs Arizona, with Cardinals winning

                          of course the TRUE preferred Superbowl is Browns vs whomever

                          Karlis Missed
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S samoth

                            I'm still prediciting a vikings/colts Superbowl but damn I'd love to see the Cardinals take it all.

                            As long as the Ravens are in the superbowl i'm happy. I'll even take the Cowboys as long as the Ravens dont make it.

                            The Italian DawgPound The Italian DawgPoundT
                            • 478 Posts
                            • 18 Reputation
                            The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @samoth said:

                            but damn I'd love to see the Cardinals take it all.

                            Me too!

                            All the way from Torino to Cleveland: GO BROWNS!!!!!!!
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Earl34 E
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 11 Reputation
                              E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I want to see the Jets and Ravens win so that the Jets can host the AFC Championship and I can go with my brother who has season tickets. Then, I'd like to see Braylon drop critical passes en route to a loss that puts the Ravens into the Super Bowl only to lose....to anybody (I prefer the Saints or Cards) not named Favre.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • yosemitejam yosemitejamY
                                • 263 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                yosemitejamY yosemitejam wrote on last edited by yosemitejam
                                #15

                                Feb 7, 2010

                                NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

                                Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

                                The GipperT Bob806B 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DAWGPOUND16 D One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 294 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  D DAWGPOUND16 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Anybody but the Ratbirds.

                                  BARK ORANGE & BROWN
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • kshutchins K
                                    • 951 Posts
                                    • 19 Reputation
                                    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    If Baltimore or Dallas win, it will leave a sour taste in my mouth.

                                    Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • yosemitejamY yosemitejam

                                      Feb 7, 2010

                                      NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

                                      Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @yosemitejam said:

                                      Feb 7, 2010

                                      NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

                                      Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

                                      Is that your desire, or your prediction?

                                      yosemitejamY 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • yosemitejamY yosemitejam

                                        Feb 7, 2010

                                        NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

                                        Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

                                        Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @yosemitejam said:

                                        Feb 7, 2010

                                        NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

                                        Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

                                        Indy won't make it as they pull their regulars in the 3rd quarter vs. San Diego, with a 21-0 lead. They want to make sure no one is hurt before the Superbowl, and lose 24-21.

                                        Karlis Missed
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                          • 39k Posts
                                          • 9k Reputation
                                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                          #20

                                          Mostly beyond the Cleveland Browns I don't give a rats ass for other teams.

                                          That said there are a few I kinda like to see do well if the Browns are out.

                                          The Jets since Joe Namath

                                          The Pats since Belichick got the raw deal here.

                                          The Packers, for old times sake.

                                          The Bills since I visited Buffalo.

                                          Then teams I hate a lot:

                                          Shgittsburgh, the Ratbirds, Cokeboys.

                                          Some I hate, but a little less:

                                          Bungles, Eagles, Falcons, Raiders.

                                          Some I just dislike:

                                          Miami, Faguars, Denver...

                                          The rest I'm ambivalent to neutral.

                                          I'd root for Favre had he taken up with a team that wasn't the Vikes.

                                          It's like seeing Petraeus in a turban.

                                          So screw em all.

                                          😒

                                          WSS

                                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                          Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate