Skip to content

Anyone have any new news on Cribbs?

The Browns Board
5 5 735
  • C Carolina Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Just wondering.

  • Just wondering.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @carolina-brownie said:

    Just wondering.

    Didn't hear him on Mike & Mike, but caught his whole interview on Scott Van Pelt. The short of it is Cribbs wants to come back- just not at $1.4 million.

    Cribbs knows he ain't getting Devin Hester money. I'd hazard mid $2 million should get it done.

  • A Alendor wrote on last edited by
    #3

    i've heard MH has said that there isn't a take it or leave it deal, and that they're still working on it.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #4

    From today's Plain Dealer:

    Another offer to Cribbs coming: Holmgren disputed the characterization of the club's $1.4 million-a-year offer to Josh Cribbs as "take it or leave it" and indicated the team will continue to negotiate an improvement to his existing deal.

    "That 'take it or leave it' stuff, I think that went out a long time ago," Holmgren said. "I'm not sure you ever say that. The one thing that I think you have to try and avoid is negotiating against yourself.

    "My hope is that we can get this to a win-win situation. Yes, I think there's a chance [of another offer]. There's light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully."

  • From today's Plain Dealer:

    Another offer to Cribbs coming: Holmgren disputed the characterization of the club's $1.4 million-a-year offer to Josh Cribbs as "take it or leave it" and indicated the team will continue to negotiate an improvement to his existing deal.

    "That 'take it or leave it' stuff, I think that went out a long time ago," Holmgren said. "I'm not sure you ever say that. The one thing that I think you have to try and avoid is negotiating against yourself.

    "My hope is that we can get this to a win-win situation. Yes, I think there's a chance [of another offer]. There's light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully."

    HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @atenears said:

    From today's Plain Dealer:

    Another offer to Cribbs coming: Holmgren disputed the characterization of the club's $1.4 million-a-year offer to Josh Cribbs as "take it or leave it" and indicated the team will continue to negotiate an improvement to his existing deal.

    "That 'take it or leave it' stuff, I think that went out a long time ago," Holmgren said. "I'm not sure you ever say that. The one thing that I think you have to try and avoid is negotiating against yourself.

    "My hope is that we can get this to a win-win situation. Yes, I think there's a chance [of another offer]. There's light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully."

    Thank god for that, I had "Cribbs to the Crib" tattooed across my forehead after Ballpeen's moonshine last year. I want to see Josh in Brown again next season, there are far worse sins than paying that man - he is not a disingenuous person and played hard for us despite being semi shafted last year.