Camp Trade Josh Cribbs
-
I'm in the trade CardDawg camp.

-
Good luck w/ that, who would trade a first round pick for a kick returner?
Answer: Al Davis. He's used a first rounder on a punter & a place kicker, so why not complete the trifecta? Based on yesterday's fallout, I don't think Cribbs is going anywhere, but it's not in the best interests of the TEAM to not even listen to offers, should they come our way (and they will).
-
Just like every person has a price so does every team. If you offer up a 1st and 2nd round pick i say tradem. But lets be honest we will only get a 3rd or a very slim chance of a 2nd so it is not worth trade him. He is a hard working player overall. We should payem but not the money he wants. I think 2.5 to 3 mill a year would be fair. He should be happy the browns are even willing to listen to his ass and renegotiate. Just because the browns got smart and signed him long term shouldnt make the browns the bad guys. Nobody put a gun to his head and said sign this 6 yr contract and oh by the way the max you will make a year is 1 million. I go back and forth.
-
Who would we try to get? another kick returner? Why not keep our best player that sounds like a plan. Or we could trade him for a first round pick then give up our first and second round pick to get him back
-
Zombo said:
Queerbo? ... really?How long did guys like Brian Mitchell and Mel Gray stay in the league?
Cribbs is 26. Again ... greatest KO returner in NFL history. 500 yards rushing. Best tackler on coverage teams. Can run the WildDawg, play quarterback, receiver, running back ... oh hell, why even trade him at all, let's just cut him!
Zombo
--He really went "Queerbo"?
I agree Zombo
I can't remember what year but I thought Cribbs lead the ST in tackles also.
So the guy can lay a lick on guys also... not just throw a hand out or body out there and hope the guy trips over him like a kicker would do.
I don't see the reason why we don't try him out in the secondary somewhere. The guy can tackle, has good speed, and is able to shed blocks, which is somewhat speculative with what we have had back there in years past.
Devon hester blows on offence period.
Was pretty good as a CB
But I would pick Cribbs any day as a player.
Hester has Speed going for him that’s IT.
But I have rarely seen hester shed a lot of tackle on returns like cribbs. We have all witnessed cribbs stopped dead in his tracks numerous times on the same return and still take it to the house.
Hester has to have a good lane and not be stopped or slowed that’s it he can't run through tackles like cribbs.
Is hester a threat... Yes. But Cribbs is the better athlete.
Pay the guy.
-
Zombo said:
--CardDawg's next thread: "Camp Trade Joe Thomas for a decent Safety"
LOL thats some good stuff!

-
Zombo said:
Queerbo? ... really?How long did guys like Brian Mitchell and Mel Gray stay in the league?
Cribbs is 26. Again ... greatest KO returner in NFL history. 500 yards rushing. Best tackler on coverage teams. Can run the WildDawg, play quarterback, receiver, running back ... oh hell, why even trade him at all, let's just cut him!
Zombo
--He really went "Queerbo"?
I agree Zombo
I can't remember what year but I thought Cribbs lead the ST in tackles also.
So the guy can lay a lick on guys also... not just throw a hand out or body out there and hope the guy trips over him like a kicker would do.
I don't see the reason why we don't try him out in the secondary somewhere. The guy can tackle, has good speed, and is able to shed blocks, which is somewhat speculative with what we have had back there in years past.
Devon hester blows on offence period.
Was pretty good as a CB
But I would pick Cribbs any day as a player.
Hester has Speed going for him that’s IT.
But I have rarely seen hester shed a lot of tackle on returns like cribbs. We have all witnessed cribbs stopped dead in his tracks numerous times on the same return and still take it to the house.
Hester has to have a good lane and not be stopped or slowed that’s it he can't run through tackles like cribbs.
Is hester a threat... Yes. But Cribbs is the better athlete.
Pay the guy.
the guy can lay a lick on guys also...
thats how Queerbo likes his men.
-
Zombo said:
That might be the best idea yet.Let's send him to BarkingTard for some Amber pics, a "BQ looks great in the brown pants" thread and Shep's Ivy league sweater...
Zombo
Geez asshole, all i was alluding too was that we draw some trade offers for him. he ain't going anywhere anyhow, so why not stretch this thing out through the draft and make other teams tip their hand? i forgot the team has to check with hyou and dawgpound mike now before making a move that may better the all-around tem.
-
Zombo said:
That might be the best idea yet.Let's send him to BarkingTard for some Amber pics, a "BQ looks great in the brown pants" thread and Shep's Ivy league sweater...
Zombo
Oh no you didnt! Now they're gonna have another 3-4 page thread about how strange atenears is and how all the new posters here are trolls and ass kissers lmao
-
Zombo said:
Queerbo
--You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"
Screw you! i have been reading this site for the past year and i know one thing - that you are a pompous ass. we should have traded you and your dumb game predictions for hiwaygals sweaty boot.
-
Zombo said:
Zombo
--You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"
A little hard on ole Card Dawg don't ya think Zippy? I get where the guy is coming from, I don't get your angle of attacking him though.
I hope Mom comes along and rips you a new asshole.
-
Ah, just like the old days.

-
I wasn't around for the 'old days', but I sure do miss them!

-
Zombo said:
Poor CardDawg, doesn't know that every post has the following information under his name:1. "joined october 15, 2009"
Was that really a year ago? My, how time flies. Or maybe that is when all the Nancy Boys left and, just like clockwork, new Nancy Boys replaced them.
and...
2. "From: Sterling Hts. Michigan"
Let me guess: You are a Pistons fan, you hate Ohio St., Braylon Edwards was the reason you started following the Browns (at age 11), and you get all tingly inside when you watch George Clooney movies.
Zombo
hahahahahahahahah, Zippy is cracking my ass up. Does he get tingly for Clooney like Lums does for his Derek Bear??? Woo hooo hooo some funny yit.
Cards, you are welcome to your opinion just know that it is stupid is all. Why in the hell would we want to get rid of one of the best players in the NFL with a new regime coming in that will want to utilize the crap out of him for any draft pick? There are women fans out there that only know Cribbs, you wouldn't want to hurt them would you?
Cribbs is one of the best players I've ever seen in his prime and can do anything, so let's trade him and maybe get a pick like the one we used on Veikune. Absurd....
-
Trade Josh Cribbs, that just sounds rediculous. Trade him for a second rounder, are you kidding. What do you think that second rounder would be making a year. The answer about 1.5 mi more than he is now. You never know what you are getting in the draft. Josh is only 26 and still can develope into a good WR. He will kick ass in kick offs for years to come. We have only scratched the surface with his potential. I think paying him 2.5-3 mil a year is what he is worth. He has earned every cent of that. He cant help that his agent totally didnt expect him to develope like he did. If you are against PAYIN DA MAN, you really havent watched him play and you need to do some better research on him.
Also if you look back to 2007 when he made his first probowl, he pretty much by himself gave the Browns amazing field position and a great chance to win games. Now teams are afraid to kick to kick to him. If teams in the NFL are afraid to kick to you, then you must be a freaking beast. He is a superstar, and he will get his money. I Still cant believe the words Trade Josh Cribbs came off your finger tips.
-
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
-
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
I kind of got the impression that you think this guy is a douche. Clarify for me, please.
-
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.
Yeah, we will see who the douche-bag is come draft day and Holmgren dangles Cribbs out there to get teams to tip their hand at what they may offer.
-
punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.
great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.
-CardDawg
punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.
great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.
-CardDawg
You are right, get rid of him now before you dump a wheelbarrow full of money in his lap. Once he signs that big contract, he won't be worth a dam. His production will fall off drastically or he will be hurt all the time. Look at Troy P on the steelers!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login