Skip to content

Camp Trade Josh Cribbs

The Browns Board
48 28 3.4k
  • Zombo said:

    Queerbo

    --You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"

    Screw you! i have been reading this site for the past year and i know one thing - that you are a pompous ass. we should have traded you and your dumb game predictions for hiwaygals sweaty boot.

  • Zombo said:

    Zombo

    --You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"

    A little hard on ole Card Dawg don't ya think Zippy? I get where the guy is coming from, I don't get your angle of attacking him though.

    I hope Mom comes along and rips you a new asshole.

  • Ah, just like the old days. πŸ™‚

  • I wasn't around for the 'old days', but I sure do miss them! πŸ˜†

  • Zombo said:

    Poor CardDawg, doesn't know that every post has the following information under his name:

    1. "joined october 15, 2009"

    Was that really a year ago? My, how time flies. Or maybe that is when all the Nancy Boys left and, just like clockwork, new Nancy Boys replaced them.

    and...

    2. "From: Sterling Hts. Michigan"

    Let me guess: You are a Pistons fan, you hate Ohio St., Braylon Edwards was the reason you started following the Browns (at age 11), and you get all tingly inside when you watch George Clooney movies.

    Zombo

    hahahahahahahahah, Zippy is cracking my ass up. Does he get tingly for Clooney like Lums does for his Derek Bear??? Woo hooo hooo some funny yit.

    Cards, you are welcome to your opinion just know that it is stupid is all. Why in the hell would we want to get rid of one of the best players in the NFL with a new regime coming in that will want to utilize the crap out of him for any draft pick? There are women fans out there that only know Cribbs, you wouldn't want to hurt them would you?

    Cribbs is one of the best players I've ever seen in his prime and can do anything, so let's trade him and maybe get a pick like the one we used on Veikune. Absurd....

  • Trade Josh Cribbs, that just sounds rediculous. Trade him for a second rounder, are you kidding. What do you think that second rounder would be making a year. The answer about 1.5 mi more than he is now. You never know what you are getting in the draft. Josh is only 26 and still can develope into a good WR. He will kick ass in kick offs for years to come. We have only scratched the surface with his potential. I think paying him 2.5-3 mil a year is what he is worth. He has earned every cent of that. He cant help that his agent totally didnt expect him to develope like he did. If you are against PAYIN DA MAN, you really havent watched him play and you need to do some better research on him.

    Also if you look back to 2007 when he made his first probowl, he pretty much by himself gave the Browns amazing field position and a great chance to win games. Now teams are afraid to kick to kick to him. If teams in the NFL are afraid to kick to you, then you must be a freaking beast. He is a superstar, and he will get his money. I Still cant believe the words Trade Josh Cribbs came off your finger tips.

  • I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

  • I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

    @munky said:

    I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

    I kind of got the impression that you think this guy is a douche. Clarify for me, please.

  • I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

    @munky said:

    I am pretty sure that any hardcore Browns fan would be against trading Cribbs. I don't think this douche knows jack about what trade value Cribbs would have. This douche doesn't know shit about how valuable Cribbs is to this team. This douche definitely doesn't know that you don't trade away the guy that is winning us games for some other teams "throw-aways". I am not going to suggest you kill yourself, but if someone else does, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

    Yeah, we will see who the douche-bag is come draft day and Holmgren dangles Cribbs out there to get teams to tip their hand at what they may offer.

  • punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

    great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

    -CardDawg

    @carddawg said:

    punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

    great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

    -CardDawg

    You are right, get rid of him now before you dump a wheelbarrow full of money in his lap. Once he signs that big contract, he won't be worth a dam. His production will fall off drastically or he will be hurt all the time. Look at Troy P on the steelers!

  • Can't say i am in any "camp", but if we decide to trade Cribbs, I wouldn't be against the move.

    IMO Joe Thomas is about the only untouchable on this club.

    I don't want to trade cribbs, but if it brought a player who in the long run is going to do more to help us reach our goals, go for it.

  • so you guys seriously think he is worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder.......a brian robiskie.

    ic rogers and cribbs going somewhere for a quarterback.

  • punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

    great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

    -CardDawg

    @carddawg said:

    punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

    great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

    -CardDawg

    good thinking his value will never get higher and his performance will start to decline very soon................trade him now..............if we can get a 3rd or second rounder

  • @carddawg said:

    punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

    great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

    -CardDawg

    good thinking his value will never get higher and his performance will start to decline very soon................trade him now..............if we can get a 3rd or second rounder

    @rich4eagle said:

    good thinking his value will never get higher and his performance will start to decline very soon................trade him now..............if we can get a 3rd or second rounder

    Like I said, I'm glad you're not running this outfit.

  • for the right price everyone is tradable question is what is the right price! although I don't want Cribbs going anywhere!!!

  • for the right price everyone is tradable question is what is the right price! although I don't want Cribbs going anywhere!!!

    @plumcrazy73 said:

    for the right price everyone is tradable question is what is the right price! although I don't want Cribbs going anywhere!!!

    Again, I don't want him to go, but the chances are pretty good he will.

    It all adds up...

    *he has a pretty high value right now

    *he wants a new contract

    Sometimes those two things are all it takes to start listening to offers.

    As someone said, he could be a part of what is required to trade for a decent QB.

    Cribbs, Williams, and a 4th rounder might get Kolb out of Philly.

  • @plumcrazy73 said:

    for the right price everyone is tradable question is what is the right price! although I don't want Cribbs going anywhere!!!

    Again, I don't want him to go, but the chances are pretty good he will.

    It all adds up...

    *he has a pretty high value right now

    *he wants a new contract

    Sometimes those two things are all it takes to start listening to offers.

    As someone said, he could be a part of what is required to trade for a decent QB.

    Cribbs, Williams, and a 4th rounder might get Kolb out of Philly.

    @ballpeen said:

    Again, I don't want him to go, but the chances are pretty good he will.

    Cribbs, Williams, and a 4th rounder might get Kolb out of Philly.

    Bet you a beer he stays.

    Plus, Philly ain't trading the QB of tomorrow for a return guy.

    WSS

  • good thinking his value will never get higher and his performance will start to decline very soon................trade him now..............if we can get a 3rd or second rounder Rich

    ********************************************

    RICH ! You're back ! Cool !

    And I think you're wrong !

    Cribbs is the kind of player, that if you DO pay him 3 mill a year, he's going to still

    play exactly like he always has played. It's who he is. Pay him a bit more than any other kr,

    and he should be good.

    But, if he has burnt his bridges, and gets traded, a third round pick would be undercutting the Browns in a huge way.

    If Mr. Cribbs really wants to leave, or really insists on being the most highly paid player in the NFL ? Well,

    about the least I'd trade for him, is for a swap of our second round pick back up into the lower part of round one.

    And a good RT. And a third round pick, too.

    And a 22" pepperroni pizza, with mushrooms and anchovies and a case of Frostie Root beer.

    That's what I think of the idea to trade Cribbs. @@

  • Oh, yeah, and another thing:

    The Browns won't trade Cribbs, because that's what the Indians do.

    They bring along a player in their system, he turns out to be an allstar pitcher, then they trade him

    so they don't have to pay him big bucks, and only have to pay small salaries to a couple of "prospects".

    I don't see it.

    But Cribbs needs to know, even though business is business, that it's hard for the Browns to just rewrite his contract,

    in a big way, and not have a bunch of other players demand the same thing.

    I just figure that a reasonable re-doing of his contract would be understood by the rest of the team.

  • I like the fan support that Cribbs is receivng , but whats with the untradeable obsession ?

    Teams are generally built around solid regular pieces - QB's , RB's, Linesmen, WR's but since was a team built around a kick return specialist ?

    The Browns offer to Cribbs was reasonable considering the fact that Cribbs:

    >> Was not so effective in WR's and was not a frequent RB

    >> The wild cat plays did not always meet with success

    >> He still has 3 years left in his contract

    It makes more sense if his contract was getting closer to its end date, but renew so early ?

    If an apple that costs 50 cents is really tasty, the shopkeeper might sell it for a dollar, but if he charges 5 dollars would you be buying it ?