Skip to content

This Weeks trivia

The Browns Board
32 12 2.1k
  • @the-gipper said:

    No, there were. In fact, you two of them correct with your first answer. There is only one other one.

    I am just answering the question about how many First QB's were in the playoffs this year

    Eight is my Answer...............which further supports my premise without a top QB you likely go nowhere

    So lets get one because we do not have one............................

    @rich4eagle said:

    I am just answering the question about how many First QB's were in the playoffs this year

    Eight is my Answer...............which further supports my premise without a top QB you likely go nowhere

    So lets get one because we do not have one............................

    Uhm, we do have a first round draft pick QB on our roster n'est ce pas?

    And 8 is a wrong answer.

  • Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins? Belichick, I would imagine.

    Check mark

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks? 6? NO

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college? Shit. No idea. I'll say Sanchez, Stafford, Moreno, Harvin, Maybin, Beanie, Matthews, Orakpo, Jenkins, and Oher with the swing pick.

    Three of the names you mention are correct

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record? 33-31. Saw it on Sportscenter, not going to lie.

    check mark

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    3

    NO

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them. Not going to try

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him. Not going to try

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list. Griffey Jr. (just because he seems to have been in the league for about 30 years), Ortiz, and ManRam? I don't follow baseball.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards. Favre, Marino, and Elway. xxxx if I know.

    Got one only

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP Brian Sipe?

    AP Coach of the Year Paul Brown? I don't think the AP even existed then.

    AP Offensive Player of the Year Would have to be Dickerson

    AP Defensive Player of the Year No idea

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year Would have to be Dickerson, again?

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year Screw it, I'm going Dickerson

    AP Comeback Player of the Year Kellen Winslow II?

    NFL Man of the Year Ozzie Newsome? I knew he got the Whizzer White, and I figure they're the same thing

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year Ozzie Newsome. Thank you, dusty old Trivial Pursuit.

    You got two. And who is Dickerson? When did he play for the Browns?

  • Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins?

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks?

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college?

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record?

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them.

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him.

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards.

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP

    AP Coach of the Year

    AP Offensive Player of the Year

    AP Defensive Player of the Year

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Comeback Player of the Year

    NFL Man of the Year

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year

    @the-gipper said:

    Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    I will now give the answers:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins?

    It is Bill Belichick with 148 wins. Shanahan is 2d with 146. Fisher 3rd with 136

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks?

    Seven (7): Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Phil Rivers, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, and Aaron Rodgers.

    Drew Brees and Brett Favre were 2d round picks. Brady was a 6th round pick. And Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were undrafted free agents!

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college?

    When they were seniors in high school, Rivals.com had the following people in order as the top 7 HS recruits in America:

    #1 Percy Harvin, #2 Andre Smith, #3 Beanie Wells, #4 Eugene Monroe, #5 Ray Mauluga, #6 Matthew Stafford, #7 Mark Sanchez. Every single one of these became First Round NFL draft picks. I think that is quite a record. I will have to do some research on the other 3 of the Top Ten that year. I will report on that later. Moral of the story: pay attention to Rival.com's recruiting ranking.

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record?

    33-31

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    There have been 7 games in NFL history in which more points were scored than the 96 in Sundays game:

    113 Redskins 72 Giants 41 11/27/66

    106 Bengals 58 Browns 48 11/28/04

    101 Raiders 52 Oilers 49 12/22/63

    99 Seahawks 51 Chiefs 48 11/27/83

    98 Chi. Cards 63 Giants 35 10/17/48

    97 LA Rams 70 Balt. Colts 27 11/22/50

    If they would have allowed the extra point in OT that game would have tied the 97 points by the Rams/Colts. As it was, the 96 points tied two other games:

    96 Browns 51 Bengals 45 9/16/07

    96 Jets 51 Dolphins 45 9/17/83

    Note that the Browns and Bengals have played in 2 of the 9 highest scoring games in NFL history.

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them.

    Any of the following would have done: Sammy Baugh, Bert Bell, Joe Carr, Dutch Clark, Red Grange, George Halas, Mel Hein, Wilbur Henry, Cal Hubbard, Don Hutson, Curly Lambeau, Tim Mara, George Preston Marshall, Johnny Blood McNally, Bronko Nagurski, Ernie Nevers, Jim Thorpe

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him.

    Barry Bonds* , Henry Aaron, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., Sammy Sosa*, Frank Robinson

    (MLB may not put asterisks behind the steroid users names, but this is my party and I'll cry if I want to and put the asterisk where it belongs.)

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list.

    McGwire has 583. Alex Rodriguez is already tied with him and will surpass him with his first homer. Jim Thome has 564 needs 19 to tie and Manny Ramirez has 546 and needs 37 to tie. It is plausible they both could do it this year with good years. Gary Sheffield is the next active player on the list with 509, 74 behind McG. I don't think he will hit that many in his remaining career.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards.

    Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, and Brett Favre have 3 each

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP Jim Brown (3), Brian Sipe 1980

    AP Coach of the Year Forrest Gregg 1976

    AP Offensive Player of the Year none

    AP Defensive Player of the Year none

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year none

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year Chip Banks 1982

    AP Comeback Player of the Year none

    NFL Man of the Year none

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year Doug Dieken 1982, Ozzie Newsome 1986

  • Correction:

    For question #3, I had each of the 7 rankings by Rivals.com correct. However, some of them were in different years. Monroe, Mauluga, and Sanchez graduated in the 2005 HS class, where Harvin, Smith, Wells, and Stafford were from the 2006 class.

  • Come on Gip, you had me thinking I forgot all those guys that won awards when there were none. I knew the Banks and Gregg answers too, just flubbed them. Turner was hurt his rookie year but I thought he won defensive MVP in 94.

  • Come on Gip, you had me thinking I forgot all those guys that won awards when there were none. I knew the Banks and Gregg answers too, just flubbed them. Turner was hurt his rookie year but I thought he won defensive MVP in 94.

    @riffer-x said:

    Come on Gip, you had me thinking I forgot all those guys that won awards when there were none. I knew the Banks and Gregg answers too, just flubbed them. Turner was hurt his rookie year but I thought he won defensive MVP in 94.

    I asked for the Browns players who may have won "ANY" of the awards. I didn't say "EACH" of these awards.

    I think the question implied that there were certainly going to be some "none" answers.

  • Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins?

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks?

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college?

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record?

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them.

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him.

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards.

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP

    AP Coach of the Year

    AP Offensive Player of the Year

    AP Defensive Player of the Year

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Comeback Player of the Year

    NFL Man of the Year

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year

    @the-gipper said:

    Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins?

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks?

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college?

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record?

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them.

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him.

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards.

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP

    AP Coach of the Year

    AP Offensive Player of the Year

    AP Defensive Player of the Year

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year

    AP Comeback Player of the Year

    NFL Man of the Year

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year

    1. Belichek

    2. Manning, Rivers, Flacco, Palmer, Sanchez, Rodgers, McNabb so 7 of 12 (strangely enough, 5 of the 7 are AFC).

    4. 33-31

    5. 0

    9. Montana, Jim Brown, Archie Manning?

  • Great trivia again Gip. Sorry I missed the chance to answer it, I was out of town the last three days.

    And just a technicality, but the correct answer to #1 is Joe Paterno, since you didn't specify the NFL. 🙂

  • L LNC

    Great trivia again Gip. Sorry I missed the chance to answer it, I was out of town the last three days.

    And just a technicality, but the correct answer to #1 is Joe Paterno, since you didn't specify the NFL. 🙂

    @lnc said:

    Great trivia again Gip. Sorry I missed the chance to answer it, I was out of town the last three days.

    And just a technicality, but the correct answer to #1 is Joe Paterno, since you didn't specify the NFL. 🙂

    And as a further technicality, it is actually probably some high school coach somewhere....since I didn't specify college ball either! In fact, if John Gagliardi is still coaching Division III football he would have more wins than Paterno.

  • my answer to any of the questions is GOOGLE......

  • Its been a little bit since I hit you with some trivia. Here is some topical trivia:

    1. Which coach which will be roaming the sidelines in the 2010 seasons has the most career wins? Belichick, I would imagine.

    Check mark

    2. Of the 12 2009 NFL playoff team starting QBs, how many were First round draft picks? 6? NO

    3. Of the 32 First round picks in the 2009 NFL draft, which ones were rated by Rivals.com to be in the Top 10 High School recruits in the nation when they first entered college? Shit. No idea. I'll say Sanchez, Stafford, Moreno, Harvin, Maybin, Beanie, Matthews, Orakpo, Jenkins, and Oher with the swing pick.

    Three of the names you mention are correct

    4. What is Pete Carroll's NFL career record? 33-31. Saw it on Sportscenter, not going to lie.

    check mark

    5. In Sunday's Packers/Cardinals playoff game, both teams combined to score 96 points. How many games in NFL history has there been more points scored?

    3

    NO

    6. 17 people were elected to the very first Pro Football Hall of Fame Class in 1963. Simple question: Name 5 of them. Not going to try

    7. Admitted Steroid juicer Mark McGwire is tied for 8th on the all time career Home Run list. Name the 7 players ahead of him. Not going to try

    8. Name the few people who with a good season this year could surpass McGwire on that list. Griffey Jr. (just because he seems to have been in the league for about 30 years), Ortiz, and ManRam? I don't follow baseball.

    9. Peyton Manning won his 4th AP NFL MVP award this year, most ever. Name the other players with whom he was tied with 3 MVP awards. Favre, Marino, and Elway. xxxx if I know.

    Got one only

    10. Name the Cleveland Browns players/coaches who have won any of the following awards:

    AP NFL MVP Brian Sipe?

    AP Coach of the Year Paul Brown? I don't think the AP even existed then.

    AP Offensive Player of the Year Would have to be Dickerson

    AP Defensive Player of the Year No idea

    AP Offensive Rookie of the Year Would have to be Dickerson, again?

    AP Defensive Rookie of the Year Screw it, I'm going Dickerson

    AP Comeback Player of the Year Kellen Winslow II?

    NFL Man of the Year Ozzie Newsome? I knew he got the Whizzer White, and I figure they're the same thing

    NFLPA "Whizzer White" Man of the Year Ozzie Newsome. Thank you, dusty old Trivial Pursuit.

    You got two. And who is Dickerson? When did he play for the Browns?

    @the-gipper said:

    You got two. And who is Dickerson? When did he play for the Browns?

    Eric Dickerson. I was making a lame attempt at a joke. I couldn't think of anyone who got ROY and POY at the time beside him.

  • my answer to any of the questions is GOOGLE......

    @osusev said:

    my answer to any of the questions is GOOGLE......

    Yea, sure, anyone can do that. But this is supposed to be done on the honor system. For you to test your knowledge, and not to just be able to "google" answers. If you can get a bunch, great. If you can get a few, fine. If you can only get one or none, that's OK too. It is all supposed to be in fun, and if you cheat, you take the fun out of it for everyone.

    So, be honest, and don't cheat. Just do your best. No one is getting graded or earning/or losing money.